Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI Downs USD, But Coyotes Gain Respect

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    Anybody see the cartoon in the sports section in the Argus today? What's up with that? Obviously someone who doesn't have a clue because if the artist thinks Udot has their hand within shouting distance of that bag, he's nuts.

For those of you who haven't seen it or don't have access to it, it's a mangy mutt and a rabbit with their hands on a bag that says "D-1 Pre$tige" on it surrounded by a crown that has "FCS" on it. Each of the animals is saying "Let go, it's mine".
    Somebody might want to let the artist know that USD has yet to win an FCS football game. Tough to grab the prestige when your hands are full because you're getting your rear ends handed to you every week.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
      Anybody see the cartoon in the sports section in the Argus today? What's up with that? Obviously someone who doesn't have a clue because if the artist thinks Udot has their hand within shouting distance of that bag, he's nuts.

For those of you who haven't seen it or don't have access to it, it's a mangy mutt and a rabbit with their hands on a bag that says "D-1 Pre$tige" on it surrounded by a crown that has "FCS" on it. Each of the animals is saying "Let go, it's mine".

The cartoon made me laugh. But not in the way the artist intended.

Comment

I am going to have to go back and look again. I thought it was a trap, not a crown.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          I am going to have to go back and look again. I thought it was a trap, not a crown.
          I'm pretty sure it was a trap. Looked like something Mike H. or Craig M. might picture in their mind. When you are from SD and want to think big you are always going to have people who ridicule the effort.

Face it people, we aren't good enough to garner any DI prestige and we gave up the greatness that was the NCC and the rivalry out of selfishness and poor judgment. One day we'll come back with our tails between our legs, drop FB scholarhsips to 24, cut some programs, and ask for admittance to the NSIC or GPAC. You just wait.

USF and Augie are poised to overtake the larger state universities from an athletic and academic standpoint while we are out making a fool of ourselves on the national scene. I knew this would happen. Our golf team is only in the top 100, we've only won a couple of conference championships right away and qualified for post-season play. It took a whole year of conference affiliation to get the conference tournament in our home state. Our football team can't crack the top 10 in the nation. We only went to Ames for a huge check. Attendance has only doubled for FB and buildings keep taking up open spaces on campus. Now, enrollment is at a record high and expected to keep rising.

Man, I miss the DII days. When can we go back?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Man, that sarcasm was so dry, I thought it was a drought! LOL
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about the U. They lost to UNI but not by as much as they expected. I'd say thats a good start towards some prestige for them. I believe their volleyball team has won a couple of DI matches, they are something like 16-1 with 14 wins over NAIA and high school teams, 2 DI wins, and a loss to Nebraska-Kearney. I know their men's golf team took 16th place in that 16 team tourney but they were only out of 15th place by like 50 strokes. Sorry, the Yankton paper covers Udot sports and I read it everyday.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I'm pretty sure it was a trap. Looked like something Mike H. or Craig M. might picture in their mind. When you are from SD and want to think big you are always going to have people who ridicule the effort.

Face it people, we aren't good enough to garner any DI prestige and we gave up the greatness that was the NCC and the rivalry out of selfishness and poor judgment. One day we'll come back with our tails between our legs, drop FB scholarhsips to 24, cut some programs, and ask for admittance to the NSIC or GPAC. You just wait.

USF and Augie are poised to overtake the larger state universities from an athletic and academic standpoint while we are out making a fool of ourselves on the national scene. I knew this would happen. Our golf team is only in the top 100, we've only won a couple of conference championships right away and qualified for post-season play. It took a whole year of conference affiliation to get the conference tournament in our home state. Our football team can't crack the top 10 in the nation. We only went to Ames for a huge check. Attendance has only doubled for FB and buildings keep taking up open spaces on campus. Now, enrollment is at a record high and expected to keep rising.

Man, I miss the DII days. When can we go back?
                Only thing you could add to that is, "My name is Jackmd and I approve of this sarcastic smack post."

Love it! I'd give ten rep points if I could.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Bump.
                  Last edited by KUlawJack; 10-19-2008, 04:44 AM.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                  X