How about them Huskers and Gophers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about them Huskers and Gophers?

Thank god I'm not a fan of either team, I'd have some serious explaining to do. Thank God I'm a Sooner and Gators fan.

Re: How about them Huskers and Gophers?

The Goofs have lost to teams from the MAC and the SunBelt. Heck, despite their powderpuff nonconference schedule, they're just a fluke play away from being 0-3. Everyone in the Twin Cities is waiting for hockey season....

At least, the Huskers lost to the #1 team in the polls....they could still do some damage in the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
      Thank god I'm not a fan of either team, I'd have some serious explaining to do. Thank God I'm a Sooner and Gators fan.
      You can't have two favorite teams. It is a sports law. I am a Jackrabbit fan and a Jackrabbit fan only!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatewayrabbit View Post
        You can't have two favorite teams. It is a sports law. I am a Jackrabbit fan and a Jackrabbit fan only!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Well you can, but if you do, you have to rank them, to avoid the dreaded Two-Half-Shirt syndrome (seen primarily by girlfriends of players who attend the "other" institution).

For instance, here's mine
        1. Jackrabbits
        2. Tennessee (By marriage)
        3. Kansas (Proximity)
        4. K-State (Proximity, land-grant)
        5. Missouri (Proximity)
        . . .
        Next to last: Texas
        Last: Miami (FL)

I think it is however a hard and fast rule that you can't have as a favorite a reigning national champion unless you attended the institution (or, as mentioned above, if you're married to an alum).
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

filbert, having KU and Mizzou both in your Top 5 could get you into some hot water down there...

BTW: Mizzou is also a land-grant.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatewayrabbit View Post
            Well False.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=rules/070905
            4. If you attended a lower-division or NAIA school, you're allowed to pick a D-I school of your choice. But you must consistently root for that school year in and year out, and it's preferred that the school be geographically close to you.
            4a. Or you can just root for Appalachian State every week.
            4b. Notre Dame? How very original.
            http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=rules/070914
            some great reads haha. I guess I'm allowed one team. ESPN considers us a lower-division school.

Comment

Football
              1. SDSU---WNAX is my dad's favorite station and Josh Ranek went to my high school so I grew up SDSU
              2. Notre Dame--- I'm a Catholic and my grandma made me watch them play every saturday
              3. BHSU--- its where I go to school
              4. USF--- they are the NAIA team of my generation
              5. Florida--- I've always liked them

Basketball--- a lil different
              1. SDSU
              2. North Carolina
              3. BHSU
              4. Florida
              5. Gonzaga

Comment

Fear not gopher fans, there is a a bright hope on the way to the team.

Watch your feet.
                http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...1072toes1.html

Comment

Will the Huskers choke again?? Ball State 37-35 driving to the goal line

Comment

Make that 40-35 Ball State :-)

Comment

BUMMER Touchdown Nebraska 41-40. 2 Point Conversion NO GOOD!!
                      Go Ball State!!!

Comment

55 yrd field goal attempt by Ball State with 16 seconds left is no good. Nebraska barely wins it 41-40.

Comment

Weird that someone's favorite teams are in the top 5 in the nation and you hate two of the closest teams that are D-I (before SDSU, NDSU, USD, etc.)...just go jump on the wagon! jk

I'm from Minnesota and I'll still always like the Gophs!

Comment

Been a fan of the Sooners and Gators since 5th grade or about 95. I think thats when I was still in elementary school...Tis been awhile, being in college five years you lose count of how long you've really been in school.

Comment

Between falling off the wagon for Hobo Day and the Florida, Oklahoma band wagons...your hind end must be sore.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                              X