How about them Huskers and Gophers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about them Huskers and Gophers?

What is going on with the Huskers? I had several friends that went to the game. They should be back early by the looks of the stands. Things are not good in the Husker Nation...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
      What is going on with the Huskers? I had several friends that went to the game. They should be back early by the looks of the stands. Things are not good in the Husker Nation...
      I think one thing that is hurting the Iowa schools, Minnesota, and Nebraska is the rise of football programs by NDSU, SDSU, and Northern Iowa.

Just between NDSU and SDSU there have been 54 DI scholarships added in the last 3 years. Obviously not all of these players are FBS talent and not all are from this region, but that is alot of players that may have either been scholarship or walk on players at these schools that they weren't able to get because they were offered schollies and a chance to play at another school. Just look at SDSU's roster at how many kids from Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska there are. Now with USD and UND adding scholarships as well it could make it even tougher on the surrounding FBS schools.

Even if each FCS school takes just one starter/two deep player from each state it adds up quickly and is one less talented player on the bigger schools depth chart. Could be tough for Nebraska to ever compete for a national title again unless they can get more recruits from more populated states, there just isn't enough talent to go around up here.

Comment

Yea, they are having trouble getting the kids from the warmer climates also.

Comment

AD Steve Peterson is out. Fired. News conference at 4.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

How far is Callahan behind him? Should we set up an office pool.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              How far is Callahan behind him? Should we set up an office pool.

I could be wrong, but I think you fire the AD early so you can hire (hopefully a former legend of a coach) an interim AD to start the search for a new head coach. I think Callahan will be gone within a few minutes following a loss at Colorado.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Was on the huskers fan board and there was a lot of talk about Callahan being out after the Texas game and that he has already told the players. None of it substantiated but that's what they are saying.

Bo Pelini is probably their next coach of choice.

It's ugly in Husker Nation right now!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

With little success and firing a popular guy like Solich, Petersen kind of set up his own departure. He did not see it that way.

Bo Pelini's name came up when Solich was fired, so thats not a new name at all. I dont know much about him, but if the Husker fans are high on him he must have something going for him. Also Craig Bohl was kind of a sacrificial lamb just before Solich was fired. I heard rumors about that should not be posted on any message board. Since the Bison fans are worried about hanging on to Bohl, they might have another reason to worry if Callahan is released and some of the Old Guard of coaches returns to Lincoln to bob for corn cobs in the toilet bowl. (That seems to be the current state of the program). The last time they were 4-3 was before Devaney. A long time ago.

I don't see Solich coming back as he is at least 65 and has not been that big of bang at Ohio U.

I kind of enjoy this misery in Lincoln, especially after living there 20 years and never could find a ticket to go a game. Those who did have tickets tried to make you feel very left out and that somehow that 80 dollar piece of paper gave them a climpse of heaven. Hell it was a nose bleed view of a football game. I will take CAS any day of the week.

Maybe UNL needs to start fresh with new people AD down to waterboy. Stay away from the old cronies and has beens. Tom Osborne could not win the primary for governor, so how could he win at football now?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    With little success and firing a popular guy like Solich, Petersen kind of set up his own departure. He did not see it that way.

Bo Pelini's name came up when Solich was fired, so thats not a new name at all. I dont know much about him, but if the Husker fans are high on him he must have something going for him. Also Craig Bohl was kind of a sacrificial lamb just before Solich was fired. I heard rumors about that should not be posted on any message board. Since the Bison fans are worried about hanging on to Bohl, they might have another reason to worry if Callahan is released and some of the Old Guard of coaches returns to Lincoln to bob for corn cobs in the toilet bowl. (That seems to be the current state of the program). The last time they were 4-3 was before Devaney. A long time ago.

I don't see Solich coming back as he is at least 65 and has not been that big of bang at Ohio U.

I kind of enjoy this misery in Lincoln, especially after living there 20 years and never could find a ticket to go a game. Those who did have tickets tried to make you feel very left out and that somehow that 80 dollar piece of paper gave them a climpse of heaven. Hell it was a nose bleed view of a football game. I will take CAS any day of the week.

Maybe UNL needs to start fresh with new people AD down to waterboy. Stay away from the old cronies and has beens. Tom Osborne could not win the primary for governor, so how could he win at football now?
                    Are you kidding me? You couldn't find tickets to a game? They are always outside the stadium, even during the glory years. There has been no mention of ever bringing Bohl or Solich back. At least not by anybody with any sort of credibility. What the hell does the primary for govenor have to do with winning a football game? Sounds to me like you have some ***** envy of the Huskers. Enjoy their turmoil now, I have a feeling Dr. Tom will right their ship. Seriously, trying to smack someone on an SDSU football board for losing the primary for govenor of Nebraska????? Weak.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                      Are you kidding me? You couldn't find tickets to a game? They are always outside the stadium, even during the glory years. There has been no mention of ever bringing Bohl or Solich back. At least not by anybody with any sort of credibility. What the hell does the primary for govenor have to do with winning a football game? Sounds to me like you have some ***** envy of the Huskers. Enjoy their turmoil now, I have a feeling Dr. Tom will right their ship. Seriously, trying to smack someone on an SDSU football board for losing the primary for govenor of Nebraska????? Weak.
                      Ding. Ding. Ding. We found a Huskers fan.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        Ding. Ding. Ding. We found a Huskers fan.
                        Guilty as charged.

Comment

I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Hey I pointed my car towards Brookings on Saturday for nearly 20 years and I have no regrets. The thought of driving 85 miles in order to stand outside the staduim and maybe get a ticket just never appealed to me. I just did not have that fervor.

Its just was so sickening to hear about the huskers constantly. IMO I really did not miss a darn thing. I dont mind seeing them in the toilet. I also hope that Tom Osborne finds someone as incompetetent as Callahan to coach the Huskers further down the toilet. Nothing could be better. I hung my hat in Nebraska but never felt I was a Husker OR should I say a corn cob picker. There is plenty of Ag in SD to celebrate and be part of. So bringing up an Osborne failure is lame? I think he found out that he was not God in Nebraska. The current sitting governor is not that much of a charm and very average. So that tells you something about the Osborne charisma. Its more a figment of imagination than it is anything else.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 10-17-2007, 09:45 AM.

Comment

When Craig Bohl was Defensive Coordinator of the Huskers he was hated by Husker fans almost more than Steve Pederson and Kevin Cosgrove currently are. I live in Nebraska now (grew up in SD and went to SDSU) but am not a fervent Husker fan like the locals. I'm glad to see Bohl have success at NDSU. I think most Husker fans would be very surprised that he is now the head coach of the #1 ranked team in D1-AA. I guarantee most Husker fans have no idea he is the head coach of NDSU.

Comment

Your right, most of them don't have a clue. And most of the ones that do think they have a clue think he went to Grand Forks and is battling UNO in DII.

Comment

Working...
                                X