How about them Huskers and Gophers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How about them Huskers and Gophers?

No way Bohl goes back to Nebraska. Nidaros is right, he was hated and ran out of town.

Heck, if the Bison beats the Golden Goofballs, my guess is Bohl is coaching the Gophers next year.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I am tough in general of the Huskers, but maybe its 20 years of blah blah on the front page of the Omaha World Herald sports section. I do wonder though who will succeed Callahan? Only a moron thinks Tom is going to keep him.

I was still living in Nebraska when Solich was let go and Steve Pederson was convinced that the old Deveny-Osborne-Solich strategy would no longer win football games. Pederson thought they needed a breathe of fresh air and enter Callhalan and the West coast offense. Apparently that is not working as Pederson is gone and Callahan is not far behind. Now what? Do they go back to the dated wisdom of Bob DeVaney?

Maybe they should have a decade of average football, so the fans can learn about losing football games. Winning was such an expectation at UNL, and that is what closed my mind and turned me off toward the Huskers. Life is not all victories, lots of lumps along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
        Your right, most of them don't have a clue. And most of the ones that do think they have a clue think he went to Grand Forks and is battling UNO in DII.
        Most of the Husker boards I visit will have an update each week about former coaches/players and how their teams did over the weekend. Does the shmoe living down the street wearing the husker hat know where Craig Bohl coaches? No, and he could care less. I guaruntee those that keep up with the Huskers will not only know where he coaches, they will be aware of his success. While many didn't care for his defensive schemes, most will be pulling for him to stick it Minnesota this weekend.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I am tough in general of the Huskers, but maybe its 20 years of blah blah on the front page of the Omaha World Herald sports section. I do wonder though who will succeed Callahan? Only a moron thinks Tom is going to keep him.

I was still living in Nebraska when Solich was let go and Steve Pederson was convinced that the old Deveny-Osborne-Solich strategy would no longer win football games. Pederson thought they needed a breathe of fresh air and enter Callhalan and the West coast offense. Apparently that is not working as Pederson is gone and Callahan is not far behind. Now what? Do they go back to the dated wisdom of Bob DeVaney?

Maybe they should have a decade of average football, so the fans can learn about losing football games. Winning was such an expectation at UNL, and that is what closed my mind and turned me off toward the Huskers. Life is not all victories, lots of lumps along the way.
          I agree with you, for the most part. When they beat Ball St. 40-41, people were arrogant enough to complain that they had won. I kept thinking about all of the close games the Jacks have pulled out the last few years and the excitement it created. To complain about a win is ridiculous. A win is a win, learn from it and get ready for next week...never complain about it.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            Most of the Husker boards I visit will have an update each week about former coaches/players and how their teams did over the weekend.
            The Lincoln paper publishes the same such info every Sunday under a Local Heroes (a term clearly thrown around way too loosely) headline. Interesting to see how Bohl is doing compared with Downing at Northern Colorado.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Its amazing what some Husker fans retain and know. Craig Bohl no doubt is remembered by the trivia giants in Husker traditions.

Up in Fargo, a lot of the talk radio folks seem to think that Bohl will move on in the next year or two. They keep bringing up a need for a 5 year contract for Bohl, but that does not mean, Coach Bohl will hang in there for 5 years. A good offer and he and his good coaches are gone. Was it not Pederson or was it Callanhan who just signed a five year contract? Contracts are made to be breached. Coaches and AD 's are probably most loyal to their ability to make money and accept bigger challanges.

Comment

I think Callahan signed a five-year extension with Nebraska.

Some of the Husker fans are lower than low right now. Talked to a Cornhusker fan the other day and I thought he was darned-near suicidal, worrying about how the rest of the season is going to go etc..

Comment

I believe they both had just signed 5 year deals. Peterson was first, and a couple of months later Callaghan. But I could be wrong on that. I know Peterson was resigned in June or July.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                    I believe they both had just signed 5 year deals. Peterson was first, and a couple of months later Callaghan. But I could be wrong on that. I know Peterson was resigned in June or July.
                    It's costing $2.2 mil to buy out Pederson. Not sure what it's going to take to buy out Callahan & Co. Osborne signed on for quite a bit less than what Pederson was making, and Osborne's still teaching two classes through the rest of the semester.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Great day to be a Husker fan...69-31 at the START of the 4th quarter...wait, they're losing to Kansas?!?!?!? How can that be?

Was listening to sports radio this afternoon talking about the Husker situation...said that at this point Callahan is gone, just trying to figure out the legalities of the buy out.

Seriously, Kansas could put 80+ on the 'skers today. How bad is it in Big Red country today.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                        Great day to be a Husker fan...69-31 at the START of the 4th quarter...wait, they're losing to Kansas?!?!?!? How can that be?

Was listening to sports radio this afternoon talking about the Husker situation...said that at this point Callahan is gone, just trying to figure out the legalities of the buy out.

Seriously, Kansas could put 80+ on the 'skers today. How bad is it in Big Red country today.

I was going to post the same thing...make that 76-31.

Comment

Could NDSU beat Nebraska this year...in Lincoln? How's that for some food for though.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                            Could NDSU beat Nebraska this year...in Lincoln? How's that for some food for though.
                            I was wondering just that only moments ago. How about SDSU at memorial stadium? I realize NDSU has a win over a DI FBS and we haven't played one yet but Nebraska looks hapless. The kids have given up on Callahan's system. The only relevant part of the discussion is that Nebraska is really bad right now.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Callahan is as good as gone right now. If he were to resign or to be fired now, Nebraska aren't allowed to talk to any coaches as long as their team is still playing, can they? Just wondering how soon a new coach could start recruiting.

Comment

Looks like a losing season for the Huskers. Colorado now up 58 to 35 with 4 minutes left.

Comment

Working...
                                X