Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs USD

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
    We were 6-5 last year with one of the toughest schedules in all of DI AA. Spare us your schedule comparisons.  
    I'm not saying that the Jacks have an easy schedule, far from it. I'm saying that the Jacks are a cupcake in most sports for the good DI teams. The Jacks are the Upper Iowa of DI.

Comment

Ask Nebraska baseball about that. College baseball's version of home run derby.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

I'm not saying that the Jacks have an easy schedule, far from it.  I'm saying that the Jacks are a cupcake in most sports for the good DI teams.  The Jacks are the Upper Iowa of DI.
        So we're a cupcake of D1?  Well, for football our classifcation is D1AA, so comparing us to Nebraska is comparing apples to oranges, it's just not the same.  So we're a cupcake of D1AA?  Ask Southern, ask NDSU, ask Cal-Poly, ask Montana St....I think they'll disagree with your assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

So we're a cupcake of D1?  Well, for football our classifcation is D1AA, so comparing us to Nebraska is comparing apples to oranges, it's just not the same.  So we're a cupcake of D1AA?  Ask Southern, ask NDSU, ask Cal-Poly...I think they'll disagree with your assessment.
          I asked UC Davis and Geogia Southern and they both agreed with my assessment.
          A lot of mens teams in other sports agreed with my assessment as well.

Comment

Maybe that's USD's ultimate goal. To get out from under the "cupcakes of DII" lable. Looking back at their last decade of performances, I'd say cupcake is a fitting moniker. I know we regurlarly used them as an easy schedule filler while working on the real games against UW-Stout and other more stringent competition.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
              Maybe that's USD's ultimate goal.  To get out from under the "cupcakes of DII" lable.  Looking back at their last decade of performances, I'd say cupcake is a fitting moniker.  I know we regurlarly used them as an easy schedule filler while working on the real games against UW-Stout and other more stringent competition.
              Lets face it neither SDSU or USD have been a powerhouse in DII football the last 10-15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

Lets face it neither SDSU or USD have been a powerhouse in DII football the last 10-15 years.
                Never said we were. However, the difference between USD and SDSU was that SDSU was scheduling games with the ultimate goal of playing the best competition available in order to better the team/program. USD scheduled games to get an easy win so when they went 1-8 in conference play, their record wouldn't look as bad as it was.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                X