SDSU vs USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs USD

Women's athletics is a subject that USD people don't like to talk about.  Can anyone say Title IX law suit? 

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks02
      I don't mind that we don't play USD any more, and I don't care if we ever do again. It was a rivalry game that got alot of attention, but, over the years I have soured on it.

Competition aside, it seems USD has lost all respect for a sporting rivalry between the two schools. Even their PA announcers get into it by calling the Jacks the "bunnies" every time they get a chance. The classless way their administration handled the "Beat State, Not  Your Wife" scenario is another example of how the entire campus has a "little man's" complex when it comes to dealing with State.

Go State.
      USD's administration tried to keep students from wearing the Beat State...Not Your Wife t-shirts, but they were threatened with lawsuits. There were people who were threatening lawsuits all over the place for violating people's freedom of speech. So instead the administration passed out free t-shirts to all the students and tried to get people to wear those. I don't know what more you wanted USD's administration to do to cover up the embarrassment that your administration caused.
      It was just part of a rivalry anyway. If you rather have a rivalry where both schools kiss each other's butt then you will enjoy your new rivalry with NDSU a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

USD's administration tried to keep students from wearing the Beat State...Not Your Wife t-shirts. If you rather have a rivalry where both schools kiss each other's butt then you will enjoy your new rivalry with NDSU a lot more.
        Yeah, Mr. Abbot tried so hard that he was sitting right next to someone wearing one of those shirts. And speaking of those shirts, it's pretty disgusting that your PLAYERS were selling them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regarding the rivalry with NDSU, we will enjoy it. Are you enjoying your rivalry with Augie?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

Yeah, Mr. Abbot tried so hard that he was sitting right next to someone wearing one of those shirts.  And speaking of those shirts, it's pretty disgusting that your PLAYERS were selling them!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Regarding the rivalry with NDSU, we will enjoy it.  Are you enjoying your rivalry with Augie?
          Not particulary. There is no hatred there. As I've said before, you can't manufacture a good rivarly, they just happen. You can't go years without considering someone a rival, then all of a sudden over a span of a year think of them as your rival.

Comment

I will say it was kind of fun being everyone elses rival.  SDSU was USD's biggest game, Augie's biggest game, and even Northern's.  I guess that is what happens when you are King of the Hill!  8)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
              I will say it was kind of fun being everyone elses rival.  SDSU was USD's biggest game, Augie's biggest game, and even Northern's.  I guess that is what happens when you are King of the Hill!  8)

Go State!  ;D
              Looking at the 2003-04 season I see that USD drew more fans on the road than SDSU did. Now the question is "Is that because USD fans travel better?" I don't think that would be the reason, since SDSU drew slightly better for home games. I think it's probably because a lot of school's view USD as their rival. This year I went to Mantakto to watch the USD game and I was very surprised to find that I was part of a record crowd, breaking the old record by about 1,000 fans. I figured they would have considered St. Cloud a bigger rival.

Comment

Hey sports_biff, don't pat yourself on the back. I doubt Mankato considers USD a rival. This is their best team in 15-20 years. Why wouldn't they draw a large crowd against a team they are competing with for a conference championship?

Comment

Originally posted by sports_buff

Looking at the 2003-04 season I see that USD drew more fans on the road than SDSU did.  Now the question is "Is that because USD fans travel better?" I don't think that would be the reason, since SDSU drew slightly better for home games.  I think it's probably because a lot of school's view USD as their rival.  This year I went to Mantakto to watch the USD game and I was very surprised to find that I was part of a record crowd, breaking the old record by about 1,000 fans.  I figured they would have considered St. Cloud a bigger rival.  
                  Getting a little carried away here biff. Everything positive about the MSUM program is directly related to SDSU. I don't think I need to explain. MSUM doesn't have a current rivalry because they haven't been worth a damn until the last several years. A fledgling rivalry with SDSU was in the works. You could say that MSUM owes a lot to SDSU.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

JackMD, I am out of the caves concerning women athletics, and basically conceded the Jack's women basketball superiority over the last 8-10 years. Not to make an excuse (but I will). We had a situation here that you are probably aware of that made the Cheryl Littlejohn at Minnesota catastorphe look mild. Lavin is starting to right the ship a little bit. However, I do realize even without what happened here off the court State has built themselves a solid program in WBB recently that would be hard to match.
                    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

JACK brought up womens teams, what is States record vs usd in WBB?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
                        JACK brought up womens teams, what is States record vs usd in WBB?
                        Since A.J. took over in 2000, we hold a 9-2 advantage. Not sure about the years prior to that though.

Comment

From the early 90s until Koupal went to USD, the Jackrabbit women never lost to USD. At least that is what I remember. On top of that --- until two years ago, the USD women's volley ball team didn't beat State's women either. It was no surprise USD got into a lawsuit about women's athletics, they were second class citizens in Vermillion.

Comment

Our record against USD is 46-21 on page 60 from this years media guide.

Comment

Womens athletics are definetly not second class at SDSU - I'm very poud of that!!

Comment

FYI, since 1990 the Jacks hold a 11-3 record vs. the U in football. With losses in 1993, 97, and 2000. Overall, USD leads the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X