USD Playoff picture.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Playoff picture.....

Anybody catch the piece on KSFY about the yotes, the head of the playoff region said that strength of schedule was a large part of the decision. And of course usd's head coach said that was a cop out and that the conference games are our strength of schedule. I hope he was joking, it's been said before and I'll just say it again, the ncc is no where near what it used to be.

Comment

Ed Meirkort, an SDSU alum with ME and also a former grad assist at SDSU, is a very good coach. He has until recently kept a low profile and seems to have gained a lot of respect. For him to grumble about the strength of schedule, is not cool. He made some other comment about the UMD offense that beat his yotes and again rather than be like Coach Stig and compliment the opposition, he took a dig at them and said they were not that good. So Ed needs to watch what he says to the media. IMO

Comment

From the home office in Wahoo Nebraska tonights top ten lists:

Top ten reasons the division II selection committee did not choose usd for the playoffs:

10) Didnt hang 80 on Crookston

9) They cant stand Tom Brokaw either

8. John Thune used up all of his political clout with the Base Realignment and Closure Committee

7) Preparing for playoffs would only detract from usd football teams one true passion, voting in ESPN polls

6) Didnt need the title National Champions, they already crowned themselves South Dakotas Team

5) Quick, run for the hills!!!! Its all part of unds master plan to achieve world domination through division II football!!!! and Roger Thomas is the evil mastermind!!!!!!!!!!!!

4) They were afraid Pat OBrien and Congressman Kevin Brady would show up at the game drunk

3) Yeah you beat uno by 45, but hey its just uno

2) The new meaner looking coyote in the new logo is just too damned scary

And the number one reason the selection committee did not choose usd for the playoffs

Theyre just not the JACKRABBITS!

Comment

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Excellent work 90... ;D ;D ;D

Comment

++++++++

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
              http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

On the Craig and Mike show Ed refused to acknowledge the weak non-conference schedule was a contributing factor. And of course in Craig and Mike typical fashion they let him off the hook. They throw more softball questions than Larry King and Sid Hartman combined.

Comment

Craig and Mike love the yotes, and besides Brookings and SDSU are not part of the Sioux Falls market. (Sarcasm intended )

Good job 90.

Comment

90jackrabbit, you should be writing for letterman. Good stuff. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
                      Craig and Mike love the yotes, and besides Brookings and SDSU are not part of the Sioux Falls market. (Sarcasm intended )

Good job 90.
                      Its more a hatred of SDSU than love for USD. Change/progress bothers some people. If they aren't perfectly comfortable its easy to be critical. I think those with the rose-colored glasses are the ones that think the NCC with respect to the change in DII is just fine where it is.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Great stuff 90Jackrabbit! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 90Jackrabbit
                          From the home office in Wahoo Nebraska tonights top ten lists:

Top ten reasons the division II selection committee did not choose usd for the playoffs:

10) Didnt hang 80 on Crookston

9) They cant stand Tom Brokaw either

8. John Thune used up all of his political clout with the Base Realignment and Closure Committee

7) Preparing for playoffs would only detract from usd football teams one true passion, voting in ESPN polls

6) Didnt need the title National Champions, they already crowned themselves South Dakotas Team

5) Quick, run for the hills!!!! Its all part of unds master plan to achieve world domination through division II football!!!!                          and Roger Thomas is the evil mastermind!!!!!!!!!!!!

4) They were afraid Pat OBrien and Congressman Kevin Brady would show up at the game drunk

3) Yeah you beat uno by 45, but hey its just uno

2) The new meaner looking coyote in the new logo is just too damned scary

And the number one reason the selection committee did not choose usd for the playoffs

Theyre just not the JACKRABBITS!

GOOD STUFF....90

This is your best work, yet! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

90, that is f'ing hilarious...I needed a good laugh! ;D

Comment

The whining has reached a crescendo. My friend Mick Garry at the Argus, usually a very bright, thoughtful and reasonable fellow, offers this today:

"Working against USD was a non-conference schedule that included Minnesota-Crookston, Minnesota-Moorhead and Truman State. Combined, these teams were 4-28 this year. But the Coyotes will tell you they took these games because, after the NCC went down to seven teams, they had to fill their schedule, not because they had to fill their win column."

Let me see if I understand this: They should have gotten into the playoffs despite their weak non-conference schedule because they had to play lousy teams, not because they wanted to. In other words, it's SDSU, NDSU, and UNC's fault that USD was forced, against its will, to play crappy teams and thus had only two quality wins on the season. Talk about a specious argument. You might as well blame sun spots for scrambling the brains of the the USD officials who made the scheduling decisions.

Here's a link to Mick's column:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...511090317/1002

Comment

Note also the Argus has a poll on USD being snobbed.
                                I think Coach Meierkort should be quiet and move on. I would bet they have received videos from prospective athletes why not start reviewing them and move on and start making travel plans for recruiting. I believe the first week in December is when they can start the home visits. The 2005 season is over move on.

The strength of schedule should help them next year with the two affliate NCC members in Western Washington and Central.  Western beat SDSU a few years back and has been a very solid program, until their coach resigned his week. Both programs are very good so that should help the Yotes. I can not believe that Moorhead and Crookston are the only options out there for scheduling. Someone at USD has not worked hard enough on the schedule, and its time to stop blaming John Austin. Austin left two years ago. Its now the Nielsen-Meirkort show.

Comment

Working...
                                X