This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Ah, that wunderfel USD edjekashun at wirk!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      Since the dump is considered Cough-Lin Alumni you were definately right about that. In the Dakotadome there were probably at least 2K paying but probably not really 7,500+ in attandance.

At the real dump in Brookings they count misquitos and flies which really ups the attandance by hundreds of thousands.
      I am giving you rep points out of pity. I really dont want to see that little red square on the right side of your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
        Since the dump is considered Cough-Lin Alumni you were definately right about that. In the Dakotadome there were probably at least 2K paying but probably not really 7,500+ in attandance.

At the real dump in Brookings they count misquitos and flies which really ups the attandance by hundreds of thousands.
        That's the dumbest post I have seen here in a long time, and just isn't supported by the facts.

Any Bison fans care to comment on whether there were 16,000-plus at the Dakota Marker game? Our ticket office uses these new-fangled turnstiles to actually count the people who come in. And here's the cool thing. If people have a ticket to an SDSU athletic event, they paid for it. We're not giving tickets away to boost attendance. Check the Regents' site for gate receipts from last year. Wasn't even close.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          That's the dumbest post I have seen here in a long time, and just isn't supported by the facts.

Any Bison fans care to comment on whether there were 16,000-plus at the Dakota Marker game? Our ticket office uses these new-fangled turnstiles to actually count the people who come in. And here's the cool thing. If people have a ticket to an SDSU athletic event, they paid for it. We're not giving tickets away to boost attendance. Check the Regents' site for gate receipts from last year. Wasn't even close.
          16,000 would be the bare minimum. It beat seating capacity, that's for absolute sure. The section I was in had people packing in, nice and tight. People were standing along the sidelines and in the corners behind the endzones. It was the best outdoor gameday atmosphere I've experienced in a very long time.

For pictures, please click the following [linky]*

*thanks, bisonguy!

Comment

Okay school has started or will start shortly and where is the U-dumps mens basketball schedule? Did they not get enough teams scheduled? Are they keeping it a secret so as to avoid the inevitable and expected ridicule? Inquiring minds want to know. Oh and what a successful start to their first game as a FCS in football. A leaping victory over an NAIA school as their website calls it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              7,800 or so at the Dome, according to USD. That means there were somewhere between 3,000 and 5,000 people there. Take away the usual USD freebie quotient and probably 1,500 to 3,000 were paying customers.
              7,800 isn't bad. What does that place hold 9,000? Maybe 10,000 if they let people stand in every nook and cranny of that big time stadium.

Comment

It really is said that USD's numbers are so laughably off. With 7,800 in the stands there should only be 1 in 5 seats empty. That wasn't even close to the case.

In South Dakota, there's SDSU and then there's not exactly.

USD Coyotes, South Dakota's JV Team!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

SUPERBUNNY, your post implies you were at the USD game since you were counting those 1 out of 5 empty seats.

I was shocked when I read the attendance figure in the Argus because I would have bet you $20 that the attendance was at least 8500 from what I witnessed at the game. The students actually overflowed the west stands and they had to arrange for overflow seating on the east stands.

I am not saying the Dome was at capacity or overflowing, but there was a pretty decent crowd, especially since it was Labor Day weekend and the competition was less than compelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                    SUPERBUNNY, your post implies you were at the USD game since you were counting those 1 out of 5 empty seats.

I was shocked when I read the attendance figure in the Argus because I would have bet you $20 that the attendance was at least 8500 from what I witnessed at the game. The students actually overflowed the west stands and they had to arrange for overflow seating on the east stands.

I am not saying the Dome was at capacity or overflowing, but there was a pretty decent crowd, especially since it was Labor Day weekend and the competition was less than compelling.
                    Did you employ the tactics of the Chinese at the Olympics...computer animation.
                    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                    Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post

I tuned in to listen to Warren Swain (I think thats his name) and it sounded like 750 people and several crickets. Maybe the microphones don't transmit crowd noise well. I've got a lot of friends who are Udot fans and none of them went to the game.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        I tuned in to listen to Warren Swain (I think thats his name) and it sounded like 750 people and several crickets. Maybe the microphones don't transmit crowd noise well. I've got a lot of friends who are Udot fans and none of them went to the game.
                        Naw thats just Warren Swain, he is no Warren Schmidt( played by Jack Nicholson in "About Schmidt")

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I did not waste my time posting links, if you really care, go to the Argus site.
                          Come on Nidaros, that's just old guy speak for I've tried it once and frankly it pi$$ed me off so I'm just not doing it again.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                            Come on Nidaros, that's just old guy speak for I've tried it once and frankly it pi$$ed me off so I'm just not doing it again.
                            Posting links are easy and I pretty much got that one down pat. I do have old guy computer problems though such as how do you keep a internet explorer browser from timing out when you are using dial up? Now that a real old guy problem I am having and dont have any answer. Getting a high speed provider is the easy answer, but what if you are stuck with dial up?

What is a script error BTW? Any youngin with the answer is welcome to clue me in.

Comment

Posting links are easy and I pretty much got that one down pat. I do have old guy computer problems though such as how do you keep a internet explorer browser from timing out when you are using dial up? Now that a real old guy problem I am having and dont have any answer. Getting a high speed provider is the easy answer, but what if you are stuck with dial up?

What is a script error BTW? Any youngin with the answer is welcome to clue me in.
                              No clue but you do have one up on me with the links thing. It always takes me about three tries to get it right.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

There's still such a thing as dial up internet?

Comment

Working...
                                X