X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Since the dump is considered Cough-Lin Alumni you were definately right about that. In the Dakotadome there were probably at least 2K paying but probably not really 7,500+ in attandance.

At the real dump in Brookings they count misquitos and flies which really ups the attandance by hundreds of thousands.
    I spoke with 2 ardent Udot supporters who were at the game on Saturday. Both are considered as respected members of the communities of Vermillion and Yankton. They both stated that no more than 2,500 people were in the dome Saturday and they would be happy to defend that statement in front of Joel Neilsen and Jim Abbott. To say the least, they are not happy about the state on affairs at Udot.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by launcher46 View Post
      Anybody have any predictions for the USD-UNI game on saturday?
      Luckily for USD, it's a road game, and they don't count. Of course if the game was played in the DakotaDump(TM) USD would win eleventy-billion to six. But since it's a road game, UNI will beat USD 35-7. Then it's on the road again, so the next game that counts is against the Mighty Culver Stockton... um... Fighting Custard Stands or whatever. USD should win that one forty gajillion to 2 before an estimated crowd of 45,000 in the Dump.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
        I was shocked when I read the attendance figure in the Argus because I would have bet you $20 that the attendance was at least 8500 from what I witnessed at the game. The students actually overflowed the west stands and they had to arrange for overflow seating on the east stands.

I am not saying the Dome was at capacity or overflowing, but there was a pretty decent crowd, especially since it was Labor Day weekend and the competition was less than compelling.
        Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I spoke with 2 ardent Udot supporters who were at the game on Saturday. Both are considered as respected members of the communities of Vermillion and Yankton. They both stated that no more than 2,500 people were in the dome Saturday and they would be happy to defend that statement in front of Joel Neilsen and Jim Abbott. To say the least, they are not happy about the state on affairs at Udot.
        I think somebody owes us each $20! The proof is in the pictures: look at the crowd -- or lack of it -- in Udot's on-line photo gallery. 8500??? Decent crowd? There's no way 8500 people were in that dump with that many empty seats.

Link

Link
        "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
          I think somebody owes us each $20! The proof is in the pictures: look at the crowd -- or lack of it -- in Udot's on-line photo gallery. 8500??? Decent crowd? There's no way 8500 people were in that dump with that many empty seats.

Link

Link
          I'm sure the other side was packed! NOT!!!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post

Link

Link

Those were quite obviously doctored by an SDSU fan. The paper said there were over 7500 fans there. That photo shows less than 2500. At least whatever fan photoshopped in all the empty seats could have made it believable. 7500 to 1500 is just too much of a stretch.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Maybe 7500 was the actual number of tickets they gave away for free, only problem was that nobody who got the free tickets used them.

Comment

None, I repeat NONE of you were there. I was. 2500 people is a straight up lie. I had expected the announced attendance to be around 8500. If it was 7500, so be it, but this quote by JackMD is just ridiculous.

[i]I spoke with 2 ardent Udot supporters who were at the game on Saturday. Both are considered as respected members of the communities of Vermillion and Yankton. They both stated that no more than 2,500 people were in the dome Saturday and they would be happy to defend that statement in front of Joel Neilsen and Jim Abbott. To say the least, they are not happy about the state on affairs at Udot.[i]

You can PM me there names. If they are "prominent" USD supporters in the Vermillion/Yankton community I am sure I know them, and would be happy to hear their statement first hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Maybe 7500 was the actual number of tickets they gave away for free, only problem was that nobody who got the free tickets used them.
                  Either that, or the true capacity of the place is at least 45,000.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

None, I repeat NONE of you were there. I was. 2500 people is a straight up lie. I had expected the announced attendance to be around 8500. If it was 7500, so be it, but this quote by JackMD is just ridiculous.

[i]I spoke with 2 ardent Udot supporters who were at the game on Saturday. Both are considered as respected members of the communities of Vermillion and Yankton. They both stated that no more than 2,500 people were in the dome Saturday and they would be happy to defend that statement in front of Joel Neilsen and Jim Abbott. To say the least, they are not happy about the state on affairs at Udot.[i]

You can PM me there names. If they are "prominent" USD supporters in the Vermillion/Yankton community I am sure I know them, and would be happy to hear their statement first hand.
                    Not necessary and really not important. One of the individuals is a retired doctor and one a parent of a former player. Both are unhappy about the way Udot has handled the recent change in the DII landscape and I am sure that played a roll in their estimation of attendance. You can call my post ridiculous but it is essentially what I was told. I don't think I referred to them as "prominent" supporters, just ardent fans. I know one of them is no longer a supporter of Udot athletics at all. Do I agree with their attitude towards the move to DI? Not necessarily but the choice is theirs to make.

There is no looking back now, only opportunities to move forward. I know Udot has inflated their attendance numbers in the past and there is plenty of evidence to support that. Why would they change now? No way I'll ever believe 7500 fans were at the dome Saturday. Now, as I said before, it really is not important hence relegated to the smack thread.

Good luck against UNI Saturday, it could be an interesting game. What time is the kickoff? I can get B103 in Brookings so I might tune in during the tailgate.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Maybe you should look at the picture here (link by AnimalHouse earlier) and then you can tell me how there were 7,500 people there:

http://www.packardphoto.printroom.co...89&image_id=41

The truth is sometimes hard to swallow.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Maybe you should look at the picture here (link by AnimalHouse earlier) and then you can tell me how there were 7,500 people there:

Clearly there was some mistake in posting of those pictures. Those are obviously not from USD's game last week at which there were 8500 (or however many) fans. That's from a high school game some time in the past where one team wears uniforms that look just like USD and the other team's unis look just like St. Ambrose. Clearly a mistake. Clearly. That or those pictures are from late in the 4th Quarter after everyone had left. Yeah, that the ticket (free ticket at that).
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Or maybe it was photoshopped!

Aren't conspiracy theories fun!!!
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

You know they say that a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, a picture is worth a thousand fans. 80% of those seats are empty. You've definitely been taking in too much air from inside the world's largest septic tank. Get outside, get some fresh air, come up to Coughlin Alumni tomorrow and enjoy some quality FCS football the way it was meant to be. Heck, where your red and I'm sure many of us would love to have a spirited debate about how ridiculous the 7,500 number is.

We'll show you what 12,000+ in the stands looks like!

Can't wait for tomorrow!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                              Either that, or the true capacity of the place is at least 45,000.
                              Given the photos posted by JJ, I must agree. Its either artificial inflation of attendance numbers or the dome can now seat 45,000 fans. I don't recall hearing about an upgrade to seating at the dump so I'm gonna go with the inflation thing. Again, not important but certainly more evidence that the Udot guys are about words not action.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

warning: LakesTH post follows...

What the pictures don't show:

USD AD Joel Nielsen* stopped by my office for coffee this morning and brought this problem up, asking for advice on what to do. Apparently, the person who orders supplies and food for concessions accidentally ordered the wrong industrial-strength cow parts to use in the hot dogs and chili fries. I guess nobody caught the problem until after the bathrooms had already reached a 'full capacity'. The way he described the long lines out back, and the look of the fans waiting in those lines, really made me sick to my stomach and glad that I didn't accept President Abbott's** offer to fly down and party in the President's Suite at the game.

The 'other pictures' were pretty bad. Sorry, can't post any - prolly get banned for it.

*had to look it up
                                **had to look this one up, too

Comment

Working...
                                X