Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Sucks

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
    I think it shows how slow the board is in the summer and how desperate we are for some smack to debate a young person who has not even taken an ACT.
    Ah Come on, SDSU fans will always have time for those good old Coyotes. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
      [quote author=JACKGUYII link=1182280463/30#44 date=1182780917]I think it shows how slow the board is in the summer and how desperate we are for some smack to debate a young person who has not even taken an ACT.
      Ah Come on, SDSU fans will always have time for those good old Coyotes.   ;D
      [/quote]

I just hit the ignore button.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU
        [quote author=SDSUcks link=1182280463/45#45 date=1182823623][quote author=JACKGUYII link=1182280463/30#44 date=1182780917]I think it shows how slow the board is in the summer and how desperate we are for some smack to debate a young person who has not even taken an ACT.
        Ah Come on, SDSU fans will always have time for those good old Coyotes.   ;D
        [/quote]

I just hit the ignore button.[/quote]

Funny she hits the ignore button but has to make a post to tell everyone about it. Now that makes alot of sense. Sounds like she is ignoring alright.

Comment

Little boy, go to sleep! Or you'll fail your driver's test!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

continued...

Now that USD and UND are making the jump it is a very logical to believe that both programs will soon be top 25 programs as well, probably after a couple of years in FCS.  That is assuming most of the current fundamentals within the program remain the same or get better.  If SDSU and USD remain on about the same course and do renew the rivaly it will be surprising if the series gets slanted more than 7-3 one way of the other assuming the games are home and home on a rotating basis.  USD just doesn't lose at home.  That includes some very tough games.  I think most people think USD only wins at home because they play weak competition but that is not true.  I don't think UNO and UND have had games over the last 3 years where they have been so overwelmed as when they played in Vermillion.  Aside from at Grand Valley the Sioux have never been as stunned as they were when they came down in 2005.  Most UND fans were very convinced that they would win and got a huge surprise.  I think alot of SDSU fans would likely think the same way.  I think some don't think USD's program is for real.    
            USD will not be a top 25 program in it's first 5 years in FCS. To even have a chance to be successfull your going to need to ramp up your scholarships quickly and I don't see that happening. UND may have a better chance given the donations by a select few can we say Heil Ralph? Even with that I don't see them having the success either NDSU or SDSU has. They have way too many other issues or dark clouds hanging over their heads right now. Good luck to you guys though your going to need it.

Comment

Yep its going to take more than Joe Glenn's appearence at a fund raiser in SF to make things works. Who is Joe Glenn? ;D. I really know but do the USD fans?

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonbacker
                [quote author=SDSUcks link=1182280463/15#21 date=1182503814]continued...

Now that USD and UND are making the jump it is a very logical to believe that both programs will soon be top 25 programs as well, probably after a couple of years in FCS.  That is assuming most of the current fundamentals within the program remain the same or get better.  If SDSU and USD remain on about the same course and do renew the rivaly it will be surprising if the series gets slanted more than 7-3 one way of the other assuming the games are home and home on a rotating basis.  USD just doesn't lose at home.  That includes some very tough games.  I think most people think USD only wins at home because they play weak competition but that is not true.  I don't think UNO and UND have had games over the last 3 years where they have been so overwelmed as when they played in Vermillion.  Aside from at Grand Valley the Sioux have never been as stunned as they were when they came down in 2005.  Most UND fans were very convinced that they would win and got a huge surprise.  I think alot of SDSU fans would likely think the same way.  I think some don't think USD's program is for real.    
                USD will not be a top 25 program in it's first 5 years in FCS.  To even have a chance to be successfull your going to need to ramp up your scholarships quickly and I don't see that happening.  UND may have a better chance given the donations by a select few can we say Heil Ralph?    Even with that I don't see them having the success either NDSU or SDSU has.  They have way too many other issues or dark clouds hanging over their heads right now.  Good luck to you guys though your going to need it.
                [/quote]

Alot of People don't believe in USD and haven't believed in USD over the past 3 years in football that is ok with Coyote Fans though. I will give you 130 million reasons that USD can succeed and can raise money.

Comment

Originally posted by Haldersham
                  Yep its going to take more than Joe Glenn's appearence at a fund raiser in SF to make things works. Who is Joe Glenn? ;D. I really know but do the USD fans?
                  I think he was the guy with the red jersey on back in the days that spent all day whipping up on Jackrabbit players all over the field.

Comment

[quote author=Haldersham link=1182280463/45#50 date=1182984810]Yep its going to take more than Joe Glenn's appearence at a fund raiser in SF to make things works. Who is Joe Glenn? ;D. I really know but do the USD fans?
                    I think he was the guy with the red jersey on back in the days that spent all day whipping up on Jackrabbit players all over the field.  [/quote]

I think Joe Glenn did more damage to both USD and SDSU when was the head coach at where? UNC? Joe was more of a coach than a player.
                    IF thats the best celeb that USD can come up with, they are in trouble before they even enter their exploratory year of D1.

BTW I hope UKS will show up with his fat wallet, as the hapless yotes need all the bucks they can get. You need to put your money where your mouth is which means no trips to the arcade, no ice cream cones no nothing as all of your monthly allowance is needed at USD. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Since I am a kid doesn't that excuse me from some of my smack talk since I really don't know any better yet and my brain has yet to fully develop. Since all those that are responding are adults what is your excuse. Why would you spend so much time on a message board just picking on a kid and antagonizing him. You would think you people would know better than that.

Comment

We are trying to educate you. After all, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. ;D

Go State!

Comment

You would think you people would know better than that.
                          You're a usd fan. You would think you would know better, no matter how little you are.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonbacker
                            [quote author=SDSUcks link=1182280463/15#21 date=1182503814]continued...

Now that USD and UND are making the jump it is a very logical to believe that both programs will soon be top 25 programs as well, probably after a couple of years in FCS.    
                            USD will not be a top 25 program in it's first 5 years in FCS.  To even have a chance to be successfull your going to need to ramp up your scholarships quickly and I don't see that happening.  
                            [/quote]

I think it is pretty bold to assume that the UXD's will be top 25 FCS programs in the next few years. I am hopeful about it, and am sure that both schools will be competetive programs in DI. But I of course don't have a crystal ball of course.

It is also pretty bold to assert that "USD will not be top 25 program in it's first 5 years". How can you know? I certainly never would have guessed in a million years that SDSU would have finished in the top 25 in their 3rd year of DI. I mean this as a compliment, but c'mon, the Jackrabbits certainly weren't striking fear in the eyes of many opponents in DII. It is a credit to what SDSU's athletic department has done with Jackrabbit football over the past couple years. So I'm not certain that USD (or UND) will be a top 25 program in 5 years, but I also can't say they won't. USD is having alot of success right now and as a result momentum is building and interest is growing.

Comment

Originally posted by bincitysioux

I think it is pretty bold to assume that the UXD's will be top 25 FCS programs in the next few years.  I am hopeful about it, and am sure that both schools will be competetive programs in DI.  But I of course don't have a crystal ball of course.  

It is also pretty bold to assert that "USD will not be top 25 program in it's first 5 years".  How can you know?  I certainly never would have guessed in a million years that SDSU would have finished in the top 25 in their 3rd year of DI.  I mean this as a compliment, but c'mon, the Jackrabbits certainly weren't striking fear in the eyes of many opponents in DII.  It is a credit to what SDSU's athletic department has done with Jackrabbit football over the past couple years.  So I'm not certain that USD (or UND) will be a top 25 program in 5 years, but I also can't say they won't.  USD is having alot of success right now and as a result momentum is building and interest is growing.  
                              Too much logic for the smack board!! Of course, time will tell if the promises of funding, construction, and recruiting will bring success to the UXD's at the DI level or not. The XDSU's are in established DI conferences, competitive nationally, and hosting a post-season conference tournament. Thats more than promises and what might be. Yote fans may want to keep that in mind.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                                The XDSU's are in established DI conferences, competitive nationally, and hosting a post-season conference tournament.  Thats more than promises and what might be.  Yote fans may want to keep that in mind.
                                Yeah but the XDSU's weren't in that position in June of 2003, the date that corresponds with where the UXD's currently are in their respective transitions. In June of 2003 NDSU was telling us that they were a shoe-in for the Big Sky. Things change, things develop, and things take time. Alot of XDSU fans act as if SDSU and NDSU were co-champions of the NCC last year, and will now be making a seamless transition into the Summit Leauge for this year. Remember, the reclassification was not seamless for the SU's, will not be for the U's, and rarely is for anybody.

Comment

Working...
                                X