USD Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Sucks

If you have moved on away from the D2 level I would suggest that you take those NCC banners and national championship banners down since you want to disassociate yourself from D2 so badly. It's amazing how soon some of you forget your roots. Just go ahead and ignore your history in football because you will keep repeating it. Mediocre seasons are what Jackrabbit football is all about and it doesn't matter the level. SDSU could be NAIA and they would still figure out a way to finish 6-5.

Comment

We can honor our history without living in the past.

Go State!  

P.S.  Here is an example.  SDSU finished Ranked #21 in the Nation in D-I FCS Football in 2006 (honoring the past).  SDSU is ranked #10 in the Nation in D-I FCS Football Pre-Season by Lindy's (living in the here and now).

Here is Lindy's top 25:

1. Appalachian State
      2. Montana
      3. UMass
      4. McNeese State
      5. Wofford
      6. New Hampshire
      7. Portland State
      8. Illinois State
      9. North Dakota State
      10. South Dakota State
      11. Youngstown State
      12. Southern Illinois
      13. Central Arkansas
      14. Delaware
      15. Furman
      16. James Madison
      17. Tennessee-Martin
      18. Montana State
      19. Eastern Illinois
      20. Northern Iowa
      21. Coastal Carolina
      22. Hampton
      23. Texas State
      24. Richmond
      25. Liberty

Ucks, your unwillingness or inability to embrace reality as you find it, is eroding what little credibility you might have in this forum.

Comment

That is because Stig is happy in Brookings and did not apply. Meierkort wants to get the hell out of Verminville.

Comment

89: Ucks had credibility? When did that happen?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
            89:  Ucks had credibility?  When did that happen?
            Exactly. Its akin to arguing with the UNO boys, child's play.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
              That is because Stig is happy in Brookings and did not apply. Meierkort wants to get the hell out of Verminville.
              You're not educated enough on this situation so do some research on the matter and come back when you know the actual facts. Meierkort did not come to Montana State they came to him wanting him to apply. I do not believe they contacted Stig

Facts Meierkort > Stig, USD > SDSU

I speak the truth and I bring the education

I am objective, you are all biased and can't see reality

Comment

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks I needed that!

Go State!  

Comment

Wow! Talk about living in your own reality!

UCKS, you're about as objective as an ex-Nazi trying to deny the Holocaust!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
                    [quote author=1bunnies link=1182280463/30#32 date=1182699549]That is because Stig is happy in Brookings and did not apply. Meierkort wants to get the hell out of Verminville.
                    You're not educated enough on this situation so do some research on the matter and come back when you know the actual facts.  Meierkort did not come to Montana State they came to him wanting him to apply.  I do not believe they contacted Stig

Facts  Meierkort > Stig, USD > SDSU

I speak the truth and I bring the education

I am objective, you are all biased and can't see reality[/quote]
                    And your not educated enough on any situation. Put the pacifier back in between your lips and take your nap junior.

Comment

Afterall Jackrabbits are just road kill for Coyotes to come up and eat off the road when they get hungry. Sounds like what will be happening on the football field in a few years. USD > SDSU in all time wins against each other = fact that SDSU fans cannot deny. USD = better overall football tradition, SDSU = pathetic tradition. Keep up the smack Blue and Yellow fans cause the facts are USD > SDSU.

USD football > SDSU football
                      USD established before SDSU

What kind of administration would come together get into a room have serious discussions and come up with the nickname of "Jackrabbits", yah and that is who I want running my University. HA, HA, HA!!!

bounce, bounce, hop, hop, oooops squished on the road. Just like the SDSU quarterback when USD's onslaught begins.

The more the facts come in the angrier the jealous Jackrabbit fans become.

Comment

How about we look at this from a student's perspective because I'm assuming that most posters on here are a little older and I definitely know that ucks is probably (at best) in college like I am. I am in no way trying to stir the pot even though I'm sure this won't help.

As a college student that will be graduating in a year, I could really care less about USD because they are Div. II, so let's just completely throw out every statistic from the Div. II days. I don't really care that you guys are going Div. I and I won't until you start playing us. It's a new era for BOTH schools. I'm not saying that Div. II was not important. I'm just stating that it doesn't mean anything anymore when it comes to relating schools athletically. We have better athletes right now and on a regular basis, SDSU would beat USD.

A decent example of this would be having an 'A' school basketball team play a 'AA' school in basketball every year. Let's use Madison because they will have a good team for the next couple of years and how about Roosevelt or Washington (doesn't matter). Almost every year, Roosevelt is going to beat Madison. But Madison might have a decent team one year that could beat Roosevelt. It's difficult to give this scenario because college athletics is a complete 180 when it comes to high school, but you can get the picture. Over time, Madison would get dominated and injuries would happen, etc. Now what are the chances that USD is going to beat SDSU on a regular basis? Probably less than 1%. Could USD pull off a big upset? Probably. A good example is (I think you guys call it this) "the game we're never supposed to talk about". Stuff like that happens. But let's WAIT until USD can get 3 or 4 recruiting classes in and then let's match up and play a game. Relating us athletically now, (especially in football because of the physicality of the sport) is idiotic. Taking tradition and statistics that I know absolutely nothing about between the two schools won't do USD any good on the field until they get some athletes in. You probably do have athletes that can play at our level. But as a "team", we would be very tough to beat. And don't think that are football team doesn't see good athletes every single week, because they do. Just take a look at our schedule this year.

Now you can make a case that if our basketball teams played, USD could win. We were bad. I'll give you that (sort of). Our team is starting to obtain an identity. We have a much better team this next year than we have had in the past. Up and down the roster, our athleticism is way beyond yours this year. I don't know much about USD's team because the kids are all from SD, but none of them could match up with Kai. And just thinking about someone who always struggles against tall teams, Loney would be very good against you guys (and he isn't even going to be one of our top players). But I don't want to stir the pot and do match-ups because we'll never know until we see it on the court. I believe USD would have beat our guys team a few times these past few years and it's been rough to be a Jacks fan, but things just keep getting better. Like I said: "Year in and year out, we're D-I with D-I athletes so we will beat you on a regular basis." It's just the facts. I would be excited to see the rivalry come back again. It would be fun to watch! But until that happens, I don't really care about your school.

Who I do care about is NDSU (especially) and the Summit League. When we start playing UND and USD again on a regular basis (which I assume will happen sometime in the distant future), then I'll care. I don't have anything against the schools but we don't play you guys. Another reason is that I came to SDSU when they were turning D-I, so I don't care about UND or USD. Not as many kids care about the USD/SDSU rivalry as they used to. (I'm from MN so I could really care less about USD). If USD makes the move up and starts beating us in football, basketball, etc, then you guys are the better team that year. Let's just let them prove it on the field and not by some "tradition or statistic".

You have to realize that you can't relate SDSU to USD athletically (for right now). Give USD 5 years and we'll see what happens.

I'm going to apologize right now for any grammar errors I made. I got in trouble one time because someone was embarrassed that I was a college student and I wrote that way. I'm sure I made some mistakes, but I've wasted enough of my time writing this than to look it over twice. So I'm going to get back to work on my summer class. I needed a few more credits to pick up so I can get my 128 to graduate in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                          [quote author=filbert link=1182280463/30#33 date=1182701090]89:  Ucks had credibility?  When did that happen?
                          Exactly.  Its akin to arguing with the UNO boys, child's play.[/quote]

Hey ucks, grow up and face a few realities:

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Talk about a broken record!!! Hey UCKS, why not get some smack pointers from the Mav Morons? At least they had some creativity!
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Someone tell me why we are arguing/debating with a middle schooler whose balls haven't even dropped yet?

Comment

I think it shows how slow the board is in the summer and how desperate we are for some smack to debate a young person who has not even taken an ACT.

Comment

Working...
                                X