A kinder, gentler Scott Nagy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A kinder, gentler Scott Nagy?

A coach in this day & age cannot be successful being "hard" on players without having first proven how much he/she cares.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Was this, this century? Because Division II is so last century for Jackrabbits.
      Agreed. Technically though, that was this century. Regardless, I'm not the one who brought up the D2 era. That would be your friend Nidaros.

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      We sure miss those thrown carrots and technical fouls which help out with the final score.
      That being said, since you're so far removed from the D2 era, maybe you guys shouldn't schedule so many games against [terrible...really terrible] D2 programs. Especially when half of them are non-exhibition games.

Sorry. I'm sure I'll be flagged for smack-talking because of that. It's hard when it comes up first and I'm just responding. But if this type of conversation is going to offend the smack monitors, I'll leave it alone. I'm not even the one trying to turn this into a smack-talking thing. I just said most Augie fans are happy keeping Billeter at Augie.

Comment

What the hell is an "Augie" and why are we talking about it on a Jackrabbit fan board?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          What the hell is an "Augie" and why are we talking about it on a Jackrabbit fan board?
          I think they are an NCAA D3 school in Illinois. The Vikings?

http://www.athletics.augustana.edu/

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
            I think they are an NCAA D3 school in Illinois. The Vikings?

http://www.athletics.augustana.edu/
            One of 2 schools in NCAA history to accomplish the vaunted 4-peat in football.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              Agreed. Technically though, that was this century. Regardless, I'm not the one who brought up the D2 era. That would be your friend Nidaros.

That being said, since you're so far removed from the D2 era, maybe you guys shouldn't schedule so many games against [terrible...really terrible] D2 programs. Especially when half of them are non-exhibition games.

Sorry. I'm sure I'll be flagged for smack-talking because of that. It's hard when it comes up first and I'm just responding. But if this type of conversation is going to offend the smack monitors, I'll leave it alone. I'm not even the one trying to turn this into a smack-talking thing. I just said most Augie fans are happy keeping Billeter at Augie.
              D2 teams get scheduled in the regular season because no D1 teams want to come to Frost because they know they have a pretty good shot at losing. In a way, its kind of like a compliment to the Jacks. I don't know what the Jacks winning percentage at Frost Arena is but I know it's pretty dang high.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                One of 2 schools in NCAA history to accomplish the vaunted 4-peat in football.
                Who is the other one?

Comment

Not sure I would want any part of Augie this year. Exhibition or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    D2 teams get scheduled in the regular season because no D1 teams want to come to Frost because they know they have a pretty good shot at losing. In a way, its kind of like a compliment to the Jacks. I don't know what the Jacks winning percentage at Frost Arena is but I know it's pretty dang high.
                    Considering all the D1 Dakota schools play lower level D2 schools at home guessing it is more of a cost benefit. There is a reason SDSU doesn't play Augie and NDSU doesn't play MSU-Moorhead.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                        Considering all the D1 Dakota schools play lower level D2 schools at home guessing it is more of a cost benefit. There is a reason SDSU doesn't play Augie and NDSU doesn't play MSU-Moorhead.
                        It has been stated by Nagy and the coaching staff that they have made numerous calls to other D1 programs to come to Frost. No one returns the call.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          There a good if not great DII program. Not saying they couldn't give SDSU a game, that could happen but the fact is SDSU has a lot more talented players. I'd have no problem playing them. Would be fun.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            There a good if not great DII program. Not saying they couldn't give SDSU a game, that could happen but the fact is SDSU has a lot more talented players. I'd have no problem playing them. Would be fun.
                            The athleticism and physical play at the D1 level far exceeds anything Augie will see in the NSIC. I also think it would be fun.

Comment

It would seem one person who doesn't think it would be fun is Coach Nagy. Augie's coaches have mentioned in the past that the Vikes have consistently offered to play SDSU year in and year out; instead, the Jacks schedule powerhouses like Chadron State and Wayne State. I know Nagy's kid plays for Wayne so there's a reason behind that one, but I guarantee Chadron isn't going to do anything to make you guys better this season, and it sure isn't going to make you much money attendance-wise.

As far as cost goes, I'm willing to bet a game against Augie would make a lot more money for SDSU than any of the other four D2 games they have on the schedule this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                                It would seem one person who doesn't think it would be fun is Coach Nagy. Augie's coaches have mentioned in the past that the Vikes have consistently offered to play SDSU year in and year out; instead, the Jacks schedule powerhouses like Chadron State and Wayne State. I know Nagy's kid plays for Wayne so there's a reason behind that one, but I guarantee Chadron isn't going to do anything to make you guys better this season, and it sure isn't going to make you much money attendance-wise.

As far as cost goes, I'm willing to bet a game against Augie would make a lot more money for SDSU than any of the other four D2 games they have on the schedule this year.
                                One way to solve it...move up to Div I.

Comment

Working...
                                X