Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's USD Super Bowl Week!

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Ha! Good point. We should have let her know, but our group is pretty big. I'm with you on the less rules thing. I get the glass bottles rule. No issue. I just don't feel like continuous patrols are needed. Its bizarre. I've not encountered that any other place I've tailgated.
    THIS...it has become a completely bizarre situation in the Backyard this past year compared to everywhere else we've all ever tailgated..at least for our group. We're done worrying about it.
    Unless we get a home playoff game...then we'll give the old spot one more going away party...lots of good memories there...until these past couple of years.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Very interesting. "Sarah" in the comment section may have missed the entire purpose of the article.
      Sarah = fail
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        THIS...it has become a completely bizarre situation in the Backyard this past year compared to everywhere else we've all ever tailgated..at least for our group. We're done worrying about it.
        Unless we get a home playoff game...then we'll give the old spot one more going away party...lots of good memories there...until these past couple of years.
        We should unite our tailgate spots in the West Lot next year, as we discussed last Saturday, and create a really big-ass party.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          "Absolutely, officer. Just let me finish this beer first." - is how 10% of the responsible adult tailgaters would act. 10% of 5000 tailgaters is a considerable (potential) problem.

Honestly, charging the UPD with clearing the tailgate lot is asking for trouble. There needs to be some kind of MAJOR announcement. I know they do it over loudspeakers inside the stadium, but that doesn't do much good with the noise in the backyard.

I've never had trouble with UPD. I've seen some others who have. I've always assumed it was because I was acting in responsible manner. Turns out the UPD is going out of their way to arrest choir boys, give me a break.

Bottom line: don't act like an a-hole and there is an extremely tiny chance the UPD gives you any trouble.

But, but, but:

I just want to clean up a little before I head in
          I didn't know the tailgate lot was closed
          I want to get a jacket at half
          I'm just going to grab one more beer

and a whole bunch more are likely to lead to a conversation with an officer. Act like an a-hole during that conversation and I'm sure you walk away with a poor experience.
          This attitude is fine. However, it goes beyond this at Jackrabbit tailgate events. You can choose to believe that or not. I treat others with respect, don't act like an a-hole and feel like I'm being watched for any little thing they might be able to accuse me of. I think it could change for the better and there wouldn't be any negative consequences.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            This attitude is fine. However, it goes beyond this at Jackrabbit tailgate events. You can choose to believe that or not. I treat others with respect, don't act like an a-hole and feel like I'm being watched for any little thing they might be able to accuse me of. I think it could change for the better and there wouldn't be any negative consequences.

Our camp includes four- five high school administrators. Our conversations with the UPD was never initiated by us. One UPD officer made it known as five of us tearing down the tents should get the two women to help us.

*redponding to the same post as you

Comment

The last few pages of this thread are an interesting read for sure. I'm glad to hear that things went well down at USD. That sounds like the way it out to be.

It seems like there is definitely some room from improvement by everyone involved.

Our experience this year was quite positive. One time we were running late getting packed up and they came by. I caught them at the entrance to our tent. The UPD Officer was very kind and just asked us to get packed up. He could see that we were in the process and let it go. He stopped back ten minutes later and we were just finishing up (kickoff time) and he saw that we were just finishing up. The key was that there were no cups or cans anywhere making it obvious we were dragging it out. Depending on the start time we get 4-5 hours to tailgate. That is more than enough time for anyone intent on getting a buzz on to get the job done.

I hope that members of the UPD, the AD, and the BOR all look at this stuff. There are plenty of people that have had awful experiences. While they are all unique, the comments about everyone witnessing the UPD go too far is valid. Also, the comments about dragging it on are valid.

It makes me sad to see people like propar80 make the comment that they are done with tailgating because of these issues. I know them and they are good people and absolutely not a group that the UPD or anyone would need to worry about. In fact, I really don't know of any that are a problem. We can all agree that tailgating has made the gameday experience better. The new stadium will let us go to a whole new level. If we want to fill the stadium then having a thriving tailgate community is an absolute must. It would be in everyone's best interest if these parties get together and talk about things while it is fresh in our minds.

Let's hope we get one more chance for a great tailgate!!! Go get 'em boys!

Oh, and screw the U!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
              X