Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's USD Super Bowl Week!

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    Actually, since the referees caused this loss for them, it only counts as half a loss.
    The voices they are hearing in their heads may make it worse than expected. Therapists in the Vermillion area are booking now.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      Actually, since the referees caused this loss for them, it only counts as half a loss.
      Too bad it wasn't another home game played in Sioux Falls - that would have reduced it to 1/4 of a loss.

Comment

God is it going to be a blood bath in Fargo next week. Might be worse than last year. I hope it's on TV.

Most USD fans I talked to before the game assured me their FB program was on par with SDSU. Same conference record and a couple late losses at home. I had no trouble finding plenty of people to take the 7.5 points. Sucker bet in a sucker town.

Dome was rocking thanks to Jackrabbit fans and artificial noise made by the speakers and as provided by the drums. Bush league as expected.

Tailgating was great. No police or security presence and no issues. That included half time and after the game. Better overall game day experience outside the dome vs the backyard. That is not smack.

It was a good day. I hope no coyotes get killed in the Fargodome next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

USD is going to go into Fargo and it is going to get ugly, fast. Nothing to play for, injuries, youth behind center, the only saving grace for Glenn and Co, my bet is Bohl begins sitting down starters mid-way into the 3rd to avoid any unnecessary injuries.

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          God is it going to be a blood bath in Fargo next week. Might be worse than last year. I hope it's on TV.

Most USD fans I talked to before the game assured me their FB program was on par with SDSU. Same conference record and a couple late losses at home. I had no trouble finding plenty of people to take the 7.5 points. Sucker bet in a sucker town.

Dome was rocking thanks to Jackrabbit fans and artificial noise made by the speakers and as provided by the drums. Bush league as expected.

Tailgating was great. No police or security presence and no issues. That included half time and after the game. Better overall game day experience outside the dome vs the backyard. That is not smack.

Comment

Televised like all Bison games this year and plenty of choices with this one. All NBC stations in ND(HD), Midco Sports(prob SD), and Fox College Sports - Pacific(prob SD). Sagarin says NDSU by 34.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
              Televised like all Bison games this year and plenty of choices with this one. All NBC stations in ND(HD), Midco Sports(prob SD), and Fox College Sports - Pacific(prob SD). Sagarin says NDSU by 34.
              I have never known Sagarin to be such a pessimist ...
              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

All good points. The tailgating at USD is much better. They treat their alumni with respect and allow them to make their own decisions when it comes to tailgating.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  All good points. The tailgating at USD is much better. They treat their alumni with respect and allow them to make their own decisions when it comes to tailgating.

we got hassled two weeks in a row as we were taking down our tents. Very unprofessional, but that is what I remember when I went to school.

Comment

President Abbott, the AD, the band, the players, the dance team all stopped by the tailgate lot. The attitude was "what can we do to make this a great experience for you?" I have never felt that way tailgating in Brookings. Campus cops treating you like a possible liability? Yes.

There should be some compromise.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I mentioned the UPD issue when talking about the new stadium. I've never had a major issue with UPD but we've all seen them treat people with such disrespect. I can't imagine it hasn't hurt tailgating and ticket sales a bit as well.

Yelling at drunk college kids is much different than yelling at your alumni.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Hopefully someone in our administration is either reading this thread or was down in Vermilion and experienced the difference themselves. Please keep sharing your experiences in this thread.
                        Something HAS to change with the UPD and rules within tailgating. Our group of 20 will begin tailgating down at Cubbies starting next year. Tailgating the last couple of years in the Backyard has been an awful experience especially this year. We've been tailgating back there for almost 12 seasons now. Adious amigios along with our $650!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

It was nice to not have the UPD yelling and another thing I noticed was tailgating died down and ppl left and not one officer was needed
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I agree, the relaxed environment was much more enjoyable. and the band did a pass thru I thought the pride used to do this. WE NEED TO DO THIS. Should be the march into the stadium and the fans could follow.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              I agree, the relaxed environment was much more enjoyable. and the band did a pass thru I thought the pride used to do this. WE NEED TO DO THIS. Should be the march into the stadium and the fans could follow.
                              The Pride did do a pass through every once in a while. Jack would come through too. I didn't see Jack once this year. The Backyard does feel very much like you need to stay in your respective hole, and make it to class on time. The UPD has been, remains, and always will be: a joke. They are the irritated AA guy at the frat party who is there because he likes some girl and then got beer spilled on him. Hey buddy it's your problem not mine!

Say it nicely at least. "Just letting you folks know it's 20 minutes to game time! Don't want to miss it!"
                              Not: "Move it! Dump your beers. Backyards closing!"
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I never been into tailgating, not saying it does not belong to football game day, but it does. I try not to be the "irritated AA guy" at the frat party. I hope the SDSU Athletic Dept. did learn from our friends to the South. There are many ways to improve game day. I always thought that Jim Abbott was a classy guy, and a few years back was surprised when he was selected to be President. A business guy, thrown into the academic world, and I think he has done well, even with tailgating based on the reports in this thread.

As far as the UPD, they seem to be aggressive about everyone and everything, such as entering the stadium with your ticket and if your pockets appear stuffed with bombs, they want to see what you have. Except for an invitation from the Schroeders a few years back, I have stayed out of the Backyard, but I not liking what others are telling me on this board.

Comment

Working...
                                X