Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's USD Super Bowl Week!

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    Those masters of marketing you reference are Lawrence & Schiller. Not exactly industry no-nothings.

We are talking about this supposedly "insignificant" billboard on an SDSU fans forum. I'd say they've done a hell of a job.
    Even L & S have difficult clients and difficult assignments.

By the way, that's Lawrence on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Even L & S have difficult clients and difficult assignments.

By the way, that's Lawrence on the left.
      It would have been interesting to see how the whole billboard thing would have played out if Chicoine would have renewed their contract and not cut the marketing budget. That's when L&S turned to USD for work. I can't blame them for that.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
        Those masters of marketing you reference are Lawrence & Schiller. Not exactly industry no-nothings.

We are talking about this supposedly "insignificant" billboard on an SDSU fans forum. I'd say they've done a hell of a job.
        Yep,anytime you get 3-4 people talking about it on an obscure message board,you know they have done a good job.

Comment

Yeah, that billboard has probably got nearly as much attention as the dead raccoon I saw a few miles further down the road.
          This space for lease.

Comment

I know this is a smack thread, but I hope that our guys see it as our Super Bowl as well..after all, isn't that what the 1-0 mantra is saying? There is no bigger game than the one that we play each week.

that being said, Screw the U
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              I know this is a smack thread, but I hope that our guys see it as our Super Bowl as well..after all, isn't that what the 1-0 mantra is saying? There is no bigger game than the one that we play each week.

that being said, Screw the U
              You are exactly correct! This game means everything to our team and it has nothing to do with the fact that it is USD. Their goals definitely included playoffs and to get there we must win.

This game means everything to the Upups because it is SDSU. There's a big difference there. Sad for them really but nothing new.

I hope this is the week we play our first good game of the year! Screw the U!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I hope that the Yote fans have had enough fun for the day and they can settle into the dome and watch the Jackrabbits dominate the red. As I am fortunate to have a video feed, I will be able to see sellout game from home. Go Jacks!
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Final score: SDSU 27, USD 12.

What have we learned? How about the following:
                  1. USD billboard marketing efforts continue to be mystifying.
                  2. USD fan projections on the game outcome continue to be mystifying.
                  3. Noise in the dome can be tough to deal with...until we score.
                  4. USD jokes about SDSU cheerleaders in past years, which had no basis in fact, were not made this year after USD dance team was selected. Doesn't Clay County, South Dakota, have access to the SDSU Extension Service dieticians?
                  5. NDSU sold its excuse book to USD: first, blame the refs. (NDSU has demonstrated for three years that they don't need excuses any more. Although, NDSU retained its excuse book for basketball.)

Comment

Re: the crowd noise. It really helps when you pump it in with the band and the audio system. That crowd is silent until the PA guys tells them to get loud on 3rd down. Also, I believe the reason that USD says "And that's another Coyote ..." is because Coyote fans wouldn't know they had a first down without the prompt. Going to a USD game is like watching a bunch of uncoordinated people dance to the Cupid Shuffle at a wedding dance. They are being told what to do, but it still doesn't look good.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The Jacks have won 16 of the past 20 football games against the Coyotes. Normally, that would be considered domination. But in South South we like to prop up the vanguished and pretend they are good, too. So, way to go, Coyotes!
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        The Jacks have won 16 of the past 20 football games against the Coyotes. Normally, that would be considered domination. But in South South we like to prop up the vanguished and pretend they are good, too. So, way to go, Coyotes!
                        I hope they got a participation award!
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          I hope they got a participation award!
                          You mean like the 11AA and 11AAA football champions this year?
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

This just in. Coyotes still suck at football. In Vermillion, Earls gotta die.

Comment

I guess this loss counts since it was at home, right?
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                                I guess this loss counts since it was at home, right?
                                Actually, since the referees caused this loss for them, it only counts as half a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X