Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD women attendance WBI semis Over/Under

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Congrats to the Yotes for getting more than 1,000 people to a tourney game, and for winning 19 games this season. Not bad. But was it really a "magical season," as one broadcaster called it today? That sets kind of a low standard for the madness of March.
    I realize it's a smack thread and all, but I'm actually quite disappointed that the Yotes lost.

Hey, Yoteforever---what happened? From the scores posted above, looks like pretty much a total second-half collapse, giving up 41 points and only scoring 27. McNeese just crank it up that much in the second half?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      I realize it's a smack thread and all, but I'm actually quite disappointed that the Yotes lost.Hey, Yoteforever---what happened? From the scores posted above, looks like pretty much a total second-half collapse, giving up 41 points and only scoring 27. McNeese just crank it up that much in the second half?
      We went through a roughly 8 minute stretch without scoring. In that same time frame McNeese just handled the ball better, drove the lane, and made floater after floater. They were better ball handlers by far than we were. Just an awful stretch where they lost confidence and composure. They have 3 sisters (twins + 1) that all three could handle the ball, drive, and shoot floaters. I think they just were better than us, period.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        We went through a roughly 8 minute stretch without scoring. In that same time frame McNeese just handled the ball better, drove the lane, and made floater after floater. They were better ball handlers by far than we were. Just an awful stretch where they lost confidence and composure. They have 3 sisters (twins + 1) that all three could handle the ball, drive, and shoot floaters. I think they just were better than us, period.
        Do you think they(McNeese) could handle SDSU?

Comment

Shoot. Well, the best thing to come out of this season for y'all Yotes is it looks like you've got yourself a coach in Amy Williams. Try to keep her for a while--this should be fun for the next few years.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Maybe I should call my ID theft protection people.
            I didn't either.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              For some perspective, SDSU had a crowd of 5,714 at the opening round of the WNIT in 2007.

Check out the video highlights of that game narrated by Tyler M. that gojacks.com posted today: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=206970105
              Im not going to lie but I think that crowd was probably one of the top crowds I have ever been apart of at SDSU. loud and standing the whole time and it into the game the whole time. It was mightly impressive. Those were some fun games.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

USd should have switched mcneeses jerseys to SDSU ones, then more fans would have shown up and the players might have played better.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Im not going to lie but I think that crowd was probably one of the top crowds I have ever been apart of at SDSU. loud and standing the whole time and it into the game the whole time. It was mightly impressive. Those were some fun games.
                  Was that the Indiana game?

If I recall correctly, we hosted two WNIT games that year. Both had phenomenal crowds. At the time I remember thinking it was better than any State-u game. The atmoshphere was incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Was that the Indiana game?

If I recall correctly, we hosted two WNIT games that year. Both had phenomenal crowds. At the time I remember thinking it was better than any State-u game. The atmoshphere was incredible.
                    I think first was illinois state then we hosted indiana. the next year we hosted Chreigton i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Yep Old Hare even got a thread dedicated to his banning over on the USD Board. Coyote#1 comes around here so be careful what you say to him. The guy is rather thin skinned. Old Hare attacked his wisdom and knowledge and that is more than he could handle.
                      Update on the score.
                      Wisdom and knowledge on a coyote fan board? Now that is funny.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Those are the years that season tickets became handy in order to have reserved seating during the WNIT hosted games. Wyoming won that year as a friend in K-State also in the WNIT was hoping the Jacks would meet each in the tourney. Indiana had a very big gal who was not keeping up with the Jacks. It was more fun than the 2002-03 regular season(not the tournament win) with that 2007 squad. AJ has continued progress with the team. It should be another fun year coming.
                        I think first was illinois state then we hosted indiana. the next year we hosted Chreigton i think.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Wisdom and knowledge on a coyote fan board? Now that is funny.
                          I thought so too, but Old Hare got the brunt of the banishment. For that I regret, he is a good guy and deserves better treatment.

Comment

I could use that with my parole officer!!
                            Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I thought so too, but Old Hare got the brunt of the banishment. For that I regret, he is a good guy and deserves better treatment.

Comment

Dang Yotes! Played deeper into play-offs than Jacks. It would have been great for USD to win the WBI. Augie plays into the final 4 of D-II FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! What's the world is happening in that hot bed of WBB called South Dakota?

Good for USD, good for Summit League.

Good thing McNeese didn't wear SDSU uniforms. USD would have pull it out (of their backsides) ***Behave there mod, or get busted***

Now if the Yotes can garnish interest besides SDSU games....

Comment

USd should have switched mcneeses jerseys to SDSU ones, then more fans would have shown up and the players might have played better.
                                Wrong. You're just another game

Comment

Working...
                                X