Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD women attendance WBI semis Over/Under

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    With the game in Brookings and games that USD played in Sioux Falls, I may have seen more women yote games than many of the yote fans. Williams is doing a good job during her first year.
    That's a pretty goood one right there!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      You're right. You won ,you rush. You should. However a program that has never lost a Summit tournament game and been to as many post seasons as you have, and to beat the Coyotes by 3, in a well deserved win, doesn't speak very highly of your future. If you read the story, and removed the names, most people would think the up and comer is about ready to lay the wood to you. I gave you kudos for winning, so why the blast? Yet you give no kudos when we win. Why is that Goon? I am not so bold to say we are always going to kick your arse, but I think it's now safe to say, despite your huge lead in years in D-1 vs what the lowly Coyotes experienced back in D-2, one might think the gap to be wider. Wouldn't you? 3 points is not a safe lead. Stick to music.
      Congrats...in a game where SDSU shot a measly 29%, probably their worst percentage of the year, and USD shot 7 percentage points better, you still lost by 3.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Did anyone rush the court after the women won in SF? I was there but guess i didnt pay attention.
        I should have clarified, I was refering the the mens game.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

You're right. You won ,you rush. You should. However a program that has never lost a Summit tournament game and been to as many post seasons as you have, and to beat the Coyotes by 3, in a well deserved win, doesn't speak very highly of your future. If you read the story, and removed the names, most people would think the up and comer is about ready to lay the wood to you. I gave you kudos for winning, so why the blast? Yet you give no kudos when we win. Why is that Goon? I am not so bold to say we are always going to kick your arse, but I think it's now safe to say, despite your huge lead in years in D-1 vs what the lowly Coyotes experienced back in D-2, one might think the gap to be wider. Wouldn't you? 3 points is not a safe lead. Stick to music.
          congrats on winning in a 4th rate tournament. Kudos. does that make you feel better? other teams have been chasing SDSU for years, its nothing new, you played almost a great game, we had an unusally bad game and yet we won. how do you feel about that? Its not like we dont return a team with a bunch of talent and probably one of our best recruiting classes ever. I think we will be ok.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

1,500. USD should be disappointed with anything less, even though it's a third-tier (or is it fourth-tier?) tourney. I pick the Coyotes to win, advance to the championship and then suffer a SDSU-like loss. An aside: Ms. Williams certainly gets a lot of credit for coaching a team assembled by her departed predecessor, Mr. Williams, to a third-place finish in what was a down year in an ORU-less conference.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Closing the gap? This is illogical. The Jackrabbits have won the Summit League tourney title 5 times, the same number of times they have been eligible to qualify for the NCAA. The year they were not eligible they hosted a NIT game in a sold out arena. I'd say there is still a considerable gap.

Cling to your hopes and aspirations, that is what being a fan is all about. An appearance in the semifinals of an irrelevant post-season tourney is what it is. Its great for the coyote program while it would be highly disappointing for the Jackrabbits.

Seekamp is a great player and has a nice supporting cast. There is certainly potential there and success could be realized. For the Jackrabbits the focus must be on getting better. Not necessarily because of the competition in the Summit League but because of the need to win games against top 100 and to 50 teams in order to secure a higher seed and find a way to win games in the NCAA's.

No NIT, CBI, WABCDEF for the Jackrabbits, can't have it.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

How many SDSU fans were at the NCAA regional game?
                Far more SDSU fans were at the NCAA regional then there were USD fans in Sioux Falls for the SL Championship game. FYI, it was in Boulder; not Brookings. I know sometimes Coyote fans get confused so I figured the location needed to be clarified. I believe your game tonight is in Vermillion so I'm not quite sure how referencing the NCAA (yep, NCAA not WNIT or WBI) comes into the disussion. Oh by the way, just so your aware; SDSU fans easily out numbered South Carolina fans.

Over and under for tonight? Reported, over 2,500. Actual? Under 1,500.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                  Far more SDSU fans were at the NCAA regional then there were USD fans in Sioux Falls for the SL Championship game. FYI, it was in Boulder; not Brookings. I know sometimes Coyote fans get confused so I figured the location needed to be clarified. I believe your game tonight is in Vermillion so I'm not quite sure how referencing the NCAA (yep, NCAA not WNIT or WBI) comes into the disussion. Oh by the way, just so your aware; SDSU fans easily out numbered South Carolina fans.

Fan numbers in Boulder were excellent. Much better than most other DI programs, even BCS level. I remember a story about "Jackrabbit Nation" when SDSU won the DII championship and invaded St. Joseph, MO. Jackrabbit fans are a little fickle but can be very supportive when a team earns that support.

I hope the coyote fans reward their women's program for its accomplishments this year. History suggests that they won't.

You can't trust the reported numbers in attendance. That has been well established. So, I have no idea how you reward a proper guess at the over under.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I should have clarified, I was refering the the mens game.

I knew you were but it got me thinking about the womens game and if anyone had stormed the court. We havents stormed the court anytime the women have won. I guarantee had USD beat us, there would have been a storming going on and Trevor Gruis would have led the way. I noticed he was amongst the students.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      I knew you were but it got me thinking about the womens game and if anyone had stormed the court. We havents stormed the court anytime the women have won. I guarantee had USD beat us, there would have been a storming going on and Trevor Gruis would have led the way. I noticed he was amongst the students.
                      Usd had students at the game?

I dont think we have ever had students rush the court for the women. at least not that i recall.

Comment

As for the Coyotes "closing the gap", here's what their self-proclaimed "home newspaper" (Yankton P&D) had to say about that after the Summit tite game:

"Winner of now five consecutive Summit League post-season crowns, SDSU again got the better of its in-state rivals south on Interstate 29. In what was their 32nd win in the last 35 games over the Coyotes, the Jacks did little to let the gap narrow in the Summit."

SDSU has a:
                        32-3 record over the past 35 games vs. USD.
                        5-1 record in the DI era vs. USD.
                        3-0 record in this "closing the gap" year.

If this is "closing the gap" by USD, I'm all for more of it next year!

Comment

Just for the record, this is the 10th anniversary of the Jackrabbit women winning a D-II national championship before embarking on a journey to sustained excellence at the D-I level. I don't think any other women's team in South Dakota has a D-II national championship trophy in its display case. In their first year of eligibility, the Jackrabbit women not only advanced to the NCAA tourney, they won a game. That's an accomplishment that will never be matched, unless maybe Northern or Augie go D-I in the distant future. It won't be matched by USD anyway. The Yotes probably will be playing catch-up for years to come.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            Just for the record, this is the 10th anniversary of the Jackrabbit women winning a D-II national championship before embarking on a journey to sustained excellence at the D-I level. I don't think any other women's team in South Dakota has a D-II national championship trophy in its display case. In their first year of eligibility, the Jackrabbit women not only advanced to the NCAA tourney, they won a game. That's an accomplishment that will never be matched, unless maybe Northern or Augie go D-I in the distant future. It won't be matched by USD anyway. The Yotes probably will be playing catch-up for years to come.
                            Little shout out to Augie here. Their women lost in the semi's of the Elite Eight last night. I believe it was their first ever elite eight appearance. Successful year for those ladies. I was able to watch a little of their game last night on CBS College Sports. Couldn't throw the ball in the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post

I arrived at the national anthem for the game. I could not purchase a ticket for the section 22 where most Jack fans had been seated. I was able to get in section 21 where the Colorado people were plus some Jack fans like myself. There was a larger contingent of Jack fans than the Kansas or South Carolina fans including their dance, cheer, and band members combined. There was more noise out of the Jack fans than the Colorado fans during their respective games. Also, some of the colorado fans were applauding the Jacks during the game. Most certainly there were more Jack fans in Boulder than there were yote fans in Sioux Falls.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

You can definitely tell it's the off-season.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X