Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD women attendance WBI semis Over/Under

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    At the Boulder game, I was sitting among a group of women who had a different outlook. They did not think there should even be a male referee for women's basketball. Here I thought colorado people were all mellow and open minded.
    The attitude you mention is part of why AJ may not be as an attractive a candidate for other schools' head coaching positions as some might otherwise think.

On the other hand, precious few women (make that no women) are candidates for a men's college basketball head coach jobs, so there is some degree of equity--or perhaps symmetry--involved in that general attitude, I guess.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      The attitude you mention is part of why AJ may not be as an attractive a candidate for other schools' head coaching positions as some might otherwise think.

On the other hand, precious few women (make that no women) are candidates for a men's college basketball head coach jobs, so there is some degree of equity--or perhaps symmetry--involved in that general attitude, I guess.
      When we were in Minneapolis for the Best Buy tourney this year, there were a group of gals still fuming about that behavior of AJ which had resulted in last second victory of Jackrabbits over Gophers a few years ago. It is a different culture at larger schools.(That was the review of a shot to beat Minnesota at their place)
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Dang Yotes! Played deeper into play-offs than Jacks. It would have been great for USD to win the WBI. Augie plays into the final 4 of D-II FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! What's the world is happening in that hot bed of WBB called South Dakota?

Good for USD, good for Summit League.

Good thing McNeese didn't wear SDSU uniforms. USD would have pull it out (of their backsides) ***Behave there mod, or get busted***

Now if the Yotes can garnish interest besides SDSU games....
        We need to put the WBI in perspective.

1. NCAA tournament.
        2. WNIT tournament
        3. College Insider
        4. State high school tournament
        5. Senior games
        6. Willie mac tournament.
        7. WBI tournament.

I am happy for Auggie. But, they need to thank NDSU, UND, SDSU, USD, Morningside, UNO and Northern Colorado for their first ever appearance in the D2 tournament.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          When we were in Minneapolis for the Best Buy tourney this year, there were a group of gals still fuming about that behavior of AJ which had resulted in last second victory of Jackrabbits over Gophers a few years ago. It is a different culture at larger schools.(That was the review of a shot to beat Minnesota at their place)
          Those who have Pam Borton as their head coach shouldn't throw stones.

Comment

Working...
          X