Oh no, we've offended some Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh no, we've offended some Bison

It's 2013. Embed or don't expect me to watch.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Re: Ndsu @ wiu

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
      WIU is 6-6 against NDSU.
      NSDU is 11-2 against SDSU over that time frame.

Yeah, 6-6 really rivals 11-2. Brookings Community College Math

NSDU, now, there's a college we respect.

*snort*
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        Oh dear lord...
        I was referring to men's basketball. You guys have a very good girls program. Sorry for not clarifying but I thought it was obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          You have some the early symptoms of Alzheimers. You can remember what happened a long time ago, but things that have occured recently seem to confuse you. At least we now know it is a hometown tourney for the Summit. At least it was not a referee problem. I must have forgotten that one year Woodside played(kind of a recent activity). Recently I attended a game in Fargo(some memories paint that contest a blowout)-however the final shot may have changed the history of that game as well. At his point, I would nearly believe your story that the bison are the regular season conference champs except for a few recent facts of a loss in Macomb and a real close game in Fargo. Now get your little nap in and bring another history lesson.
          I was referring to the regular season title that NDSU already has. Does SDSU have one of those?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            It's 2013. Embed or don't expect me to watch.
            Post games other than the most painful regular season game I've ever attended or don't expect me to watch.

Comment

I was referring to the regular season title that NDSU already has. Does SDSU have one of those?
              Not yet. (In D1 days, that is. I know your memories don't go back to D2, except in FB)

Got you the same thing it got us with the tourney title. Bumpkis. (Although, I'm sure your game with Kansas was more relevant than our game with Baylor)

Let me ask you this. (since I think you will give me an honest answer because you stand as good of a chance as us in punching an NCAA ticket this year). What would an FCS FB title be the equivilent to, in NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney (since we know that WBB doesn't count when measuring your nether regions)? Would one win in the tourney be the same? Would it take 2 wins in the tourney? Or does it take an unrealistic National Championship to equal a Frisco Burger. What say yea' Bizun (and Jacks) faithful?

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                Let me ask you this. (since I think you will give me an honest answer because you stand as good of a chance as us in punching an NCAA ticket this year). What would an FCS FB title be the equivilent to, in NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney (since we know that WBB doesn't count when measuring your nether regions)? Would one win in the tourney be the same? Would it take 2 wins in the tourney? Or does it take an unrealistic National Championship to equal a Frisco Burger. What say yea' Bizun (and Jacks) faithful?
                Sweet 16.

Comment

Post games other than the most painful regular season game I've ever attended or don't expect me to watch.
                  That was one hell of a game... Here's a write-up reminder from NDSU's own site: http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205380818

The score at half was NDSU 24 Wolters 22! This came after a tight overtime game in Fargo.

Whatever happens Saturday, I can guarantee that neither one of these teams will be thrilled about facing the other in Sioux Falls. It will be anyone's game there. Good rivalry.

Comment

Not yet. (In D1 days, that is. I know your memories don't go back to D2, except in FB)

What would an FCS FB title be the equivilent to, in NCAA Men's Basketball Tourney (since we know that WBB doesn't count when measuring your nether regions)? Would one win in the tourney be the same? Would it take 2 wins in the tourney? Or does it take an unrealistic National Championship to equal a Frisco Burger. What say yea' Bizun (and Jacks) faithful?
                    My opinion: At our level, one NCAA win might equal a FCS football title. The Summit winner is going to probably always be a #13 or higher so getting a win would involve a high-profile upset and be a solid national story. Two wins would definitely be equal to a football NC.

Comment

• Re: Oh no, we've offended some Bison

I didn't know we still had a women's basketball team.
                      Neither do most other Bison fans based on attendence at the Bison WBB games. Remarkably, it appears that Bison could make a 5-6 seed rather than an 8 seed.

Comment

• Re: Ndsu @ wiu

And women's basketball.
                        Got you the same thing it got us with the tourney title. Bumpkis. (Although, I'm sure your game with Kansas was more relevant than our game with Baylor)
                        How did our regular season title give you the same thing it got us?
                        Well, that is a loaded question with a zillion variables. 1) Depends on what seed the basketball team is. A 16 seed winning is far more rare and more impressive than a 14 seed winning a game, for example. 2) The opponent on the receiving end of a NCAA tournament upset is huge. Lehigh over Duke resonates more than Hampton over Iowa State. 3) Are you referring to all FCS Championships, or just the ones NDSU has...because the NDSU National Championships are the most impressive feats in football history.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Sweet 16.
                          Agreed, one win could be a fluke but if you get to the sweet 16 you've accomplished something similar to winning an FCS title.

Comment

NDSU has accomplished more in DI basketball than your program and you know it. The domination of the series is simply a plus.

Hey, you can use selective criteria to try to make a donkey look like a thoroughbred all you want, but a donkey is still a donkey. NDSU has had higher levels of DI success in men's basketball and SDSU has had more dire failures. Congrats, SDSU has lasted 24 hours longer in the hometown tournament than NDSU a few times. Hang your hat on that. We'll take bigger wins, conference regular season titles, first place right now, and an 11-2 head-to-head record as an added bonus
                            This is funny stuff.

NDSU is over .500 for the first time in 3 seasons. They haven't won a conference tournament game in 3 seasons.

Tell me again how we are trying to make a donkey look like a thoroughbred...
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              This is funny stuff.

NDSU is over .500 for the first time in 3 seasons. They haven't won a conference tournament game in 3 seasons.

Tell me again how we are trying to make a donkey look like a thoroughbred...
                              Both programs have had success and failures. Does recent success make SDSU's failures dissappear? Do recent failures made NDSU's successes dissappear?

Comment

Both programs have had success and failures. Does recent success make SDSU's failures dissappear? Do recent failures made NDSU's successes dissappear?
                                Look it is a three team race between SDSU, NDSU and WIU and nothing counts until someone wins on the other's floor. SDSU beat WIU at WIU. Conference champs need to beat good teams on the road and hold serve at home. Good luck with that.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X