Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh no, we've offended some Bison

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
    SDSU should be good again next year, but NDSU will clearly be the favorite to win the conference. I don't see how that is even debatable right now.
    NDSU will definitely be a force next year but I think every team in the Summit will quickly notice the addition of Denver. Denver has currently won 7-straight games (and 10 of 12). They have only one senior and he appears to be a role-player (based on stats). It looks like they will hit the ground running here.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      NDSU will definitely be a force next year but I think every team in the Summit will quickly notice the addition of Denver. Denver has currently won 7-straight games (and 10 of 12). They have only one senior and he appears to be a role-player (based on stats). It looks like they will hit the ground running here.
      The grind of traveling in the summit and the newness of teams you dont know I think will make it a bit of a tough transition year for Denver. Frankly I think the league wont be having any clear cut head above shoulders teams in the near future. I think most of the top teams in the league will be having several losses like in the 3-4 range atleast and a tight group. similar to how this year is shaking down. clearly teams at the top, some in the middle and some at the bottom.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wow, it must be too cold to chase sheep up there today! Your basketball isn't bbbaaaaaadddddd.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Re: Ndsu @ wiu

Originally posted by witness View Post
          Talking about regular season titles or wins you have is like talking about that nice toy you have. They are nice to have and look at but aren't as important as say a conference tournament title. So they can talk about beating the Jacks in the regular season, when I will be laughing in March when the real games count.
          Tell me about all those amazing Summit Tournament Championships that SDSU has earned in men's basketball.

/WillyWonkaMeme

Comment

Tell me about all those amazing Summit Tournament Championships that SDSU has earned in men's basketball.

/WillyWonkaMeme
            And now you are using smack that my barely Facebook literate aunt would use. May want to pack it up or try and take it another direction.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Tell me about all those amazing Summit Tournament Championships that SDSU has earned in men's basketball. /WillyWonkaMeme
              You were puffing your chest out about how much better the Bison were when they have the same number of titles. Not to mention the Jacks barely beat the Bison at NDSU in OT last year and look how that season turned out so your win in Fargo isn't that impressive. Using the USD loss is a terrible reason to say the Bison are better as Jacks lost to them last year by more points than this year.
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

You were puffing your chest out about how much better the Bison were when they have the same number of titles. Not to mention the Jacks barely beat the Bison at NDSU in OT last year and look how that season turned out so your win in Fargo isn't that impressive. Using the USD loss is a terrible reason to say the Bison are better as Jacks lost to them last year by more points than this year.
                I never posted anything about NDSU being better as a program, but head-to-head, 11 for 13 speaks for itself. I get it though...if NDSU had won only two out of 13 games against someone, I'd lose some of my ability to rationally process ideas, too.

Comment

I never posted anything about NDSU being better as a program, but head-to-head, 11 for 13 speaks for itself. I get it though...if NDSU had won only two out of 13 games against someone, I'd lose some of my ability to rationally process ideas, too.
                  Remind me again. How have the bison been doing since 2009? Head to head means nothing in the tournament

Comment

Remind me again. How have the bison been doing the last 5 years? Head to head means nothing in the tournament
                    Well, we have as many tournament championships as your squad, along with a regular season title. Currently, our team is in first place. How about the team from Brookings? What place are they in? Is this where you say "Regular season championships mean nothing" or "current records don't matter, we will win in Sioux Falls because we don't care about regular season games"?

Comment

Well, we have as many tournament championships as your squad, along with a regular season title. Currently, our team is in first place. How about the team from Brookings? What place are they in? Is this where you say "Regular season championships mean nothing" or "current records don't matter, we will win in Sioux Falls because we don't care about regular season games"?
                      Who was #1 seed last year o ya it wasn't the Jacks so that point is mute. Bragging about head to head is funny though. Nobody cares once the tourney starts.

Comment

Come on, an 85% winning percentage is impressive against any opponent, much less a peer program. Downplay it all you want, I know it drives you guys nuts.

Comment

Come on, an 85% winning percentage is impressive against any opponent, much less a peer program. Downplay it all you want, I know it drives you guys nuts.
                          It was a mental thing for quite a few years. And you are right, it drove us nuts. Me at least. I'd say it was broken through last year, and this year, both teams are pretty close so it's not surprising we lost up there.

Whatever else you guys are arguing about up there, I have no idea. Other than the Wonkameme was a terrible post and I lost some respect when I read that
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'll be sure to sit on my hands at Frost on Saturday since it's only a regular season game. Those don't matter anyways.

Comment

Reminds me a little of fishing. Put the word "buttfootball" on a hook and its amazing how easy it is to catch a Bison.

Apparently some can be a little sensitive.

Comment

Come on, going one and done three years in a row at the Summit League Tournament isn't good. Downplay it all you want but I know it drives you nuts. This season looks like it could be a repeat of last year for the Bison. Start off fast and stagger to the finish line.

Remember it is not how you start but how you finish that matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X