Oh no, we've offended some Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oh no, we've offended some Bison

Since joining the Summit, NDSU is 58-40 in conference games and SDSU is 51-47 in conference games (excluding tournament games). Advantage: NDSU

Since joining the Summit, NDSU's overall record is 100-71(58%). SDSU's record over that span is 96-83 (53%). Advantage: NDSU

Both teams have one Summit Tournament Championship. Advantage: Neither

NDSU has a Summit Regular Season Title. Advantage: NDSU

Summit Tournament Record: NDSU is 3-3. SDSU is 5-3. Advantage: SDSU

NCAA Tournament Record: both are 1-1. Advantage: Neither

Postseason appearances (besides Summit tourney): NDSU-2, SDSU-1. Advantage: NDSU

Wins over ranked teams: NDSU - (2) #9 Marquette and #13 Wisconsin. SDSU - (1) #16 New Mexico. Advantage: NDSU

NDSU's coach has a Summit Coach of the Year Award, SDSU's does not. Advantage: NDSU

NDSU has a Summit Player of the Year, SDSU does not.Advantage: NDSU

I'll wait for your rebuttal with bated breath.
    Last edited by HandoEX; 01-22-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Re: Ndsu @ wiu

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
      Look it is a three team race between SDSU, NDSU and WIU and nothing counts until someone wins on the other's floor. SDSU beat WIU at WIU. Conference champs need to beat good teams on the road and hold serve at home. Good luck with that.
      So they don't need to beat bad teams (USD) on the road? Good luck to you too, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        This is funny stuff.

NDSU is over .500 for the first time in 3 seasons. They haven't won a conference tournament game in 3 seasons.

Tell me again how we are trying to make a donkey look like a thoroughbred...
        More Brookings Community College Math education, I see. 17-14 (while crappy), is in fact above .500.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
          I was referring to men's basketball. You guys have a very good girls program. Sorry for not clarifying but I thought it was obvious.
          I knew what you meant and my response is the same.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Since joining the Summit, NDSU is 61-43 in conference games and SDSU is 53-50 in conference games (including tournament games). Advantage: NDSU

Since joining the Summit, NDSU's overall record is 100-71(58%). SDSU's record over that span is 96-83 (53%). Advantage: NDSU

Wins over ranked teams: NDSU - (2) #9 Marquette and #13 Wisconsin. SDSU - (1) #16 New Mexico. Advantage: NDSU

NDSU's coach has a Summit Coach of the Year Award, SDSU's does not. Advantage: NDSU

Where did you find the past regular season records at? How is it that you played one more game than us when we played 2 more tournament games? Shouldnt we have 2 extra games played?

I found them We actually were 55-51, which gives us the 2 extra games. If you take just the 4 yrs that we were eligible, it would be SDSU 44-34 NDSU 41-31. Advantage SDSU. We can spin things, just like you folks up north

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Where did you find the past regular season records at? How is it that you played one more game than us when we played 2 more tournament games? Shouldnt we have 2 extra games played?
              I fixed a mistake when I moved the records over so the post above is now accurate. Those are regular season records now. NDSU has played one more Summit game this year and the same number of games every other year so NDSU has one more Summit regular season game. The tournament record of each school is on line 5.

Comment

Since joining the Summit, NDSU is 58-40 in conference games and SDSU is 51-47 in conference games (excluding tournament games). Advantage: NDSU

Postseason appearances (besides Summit tourney): NDSU-2, SDSU-1. Advantage: NDSU

Hando, all of this is moot anyway because the refs are always against you guys and so it's apples and buffalo chips, right?

Comment

I fixed a mistake when I moved the records over so the post above is now accurate. Those are regular season records now. NDSU has played one more Summit game this year and the same number of games every other year so NDSU has one more Summit regular season game. The tournament record of each school is on line 5.

You are 7-1 and we are 6-2. How do you figure that you have one more Summit game than we do?

Comment

So what your saying when it matters and what matters is winning the summit league tourney that sdsu is better. So what really matters is winning the confrence tounrey at our level and sdsu plays better in it then ndsu. Thanks for pointing that out. I will wait for your spin response.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      You are 7-1 and we are 6-2. How do you figure that you have one more Summit game than we do?
                      Buffalo Chips! Fargo Community College Math.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        So what your saying when it matters and what matters is winning the summit league tourney that sdsu is better. So what really matters is winning the confrence tounrey at our level and sdsu plays better in it then ndsu. Thanks for pointing that out. I will wait for your spin response.
                        What I'm saying is...NDSU has had higher levels of success (beating better teams, better overall record, better conference record, more postseason appearances after the SL Tourney, etc.). How is that a spin?

How is SDSU better at winning the Summit Tournament? Both NDSU and SDSU have won it once.

Comment

More Brookings Community College Math education, I see. 17-14 (while crappy), is in fact above .500.
                          Conference record. NDSU hasn't been over .500 in three seasons.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Since Woodside graduated, NDSU hasn't been the same team. If it makes you feel better, you can go back 6 years to make the numbers work for you, I guess. Something, something, thoroughbreds, donkeys, something.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              Since Woodside graduated, NDSU hasn't been the same team. If it makes you feel better, you can go back 6 years to make the numbers work for you, I guess. Something, something, thoroughbreds, donkeys, something.
                              I tell ya what...take out the Woodside years and take out the Wolters years and see who comes out on top. I'll give you a hint, it's NDSU.

Comment

What I'm saying is...NDSU has had higher levels of success (beating better teams, better overall record, better conference record, more postseason appearances after the SL Tourney, etc.). How is that a spin?

How is SDSU better at winning the Summit Tournament? Both NDSU and SDSU have won it once.
                                SDSU is better at the Summit Tournament. Even you can't argue that.

Comment

Working...
                                X