USeD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USeD

I got to thinking about it. The last time I went to a game in the dome was several years ago when my daughter was a student there and I went to a game with her. We left at halftime too. But we had a better reason that the current USD students who leave at halftime. We headed north up I-29 in time to attend the Beef Bowl.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Last time i went to a game in the dump I was on the away side with friends my future wife on the home side with her friends and we all had a lot of beers to warm up for the game. And Then Brad Nelson hit 2 almost identical plays to Janacek(SP) for 2 early Tds. Then the game got boring and the buzz wore off and then after SDSU won again like usual we went to celebrate downtown......which is not as much fun as downtown brookings to celebrate in.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't understand what all the ruckus is about.

From what I can tell, SDSU's student section has maybe been 2/3 full at the start of the fourth quarter this year. Each of our games has been contested at that point. If our team stunk or if Zenner wasn't busting 40+ yard runs at any moment, I have little doubt it would become an exodus like USD is experiencing.

The best way for USD to keep students at the game is to improve the quality of the team.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

From what I can tell, SDSU's student section has maybe been 2/3 full at the start of the fourth quarter this year. Each of our games has been contested at that point. If our team stunk or if Zenner wasn't busting 40+ yard runs at any moment, I have little doubt it would become an exodus like USD is experiencing.

The best way for USD to keep students at the game is to improve the quality of the team.
          +1 Winning cure lots of problems.
          Example- The student section as Frost 3 years ago vs. last year.(mens bb) HUGE difference

Comment

Like the saying goes, "Everybody loves a winner". I think that fits well in what is wrong in USDs situation this year and SDSU in previous years.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

Just to add, this was a problem when USD was good too. Those years in D2 after SDSU and NDSU left, it was still mass exodus. And USD had the most exciting offense in the nation for a couple of years.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

Looks like he grabbed the wrong ball(s)

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Please tell us the reason why you left was the Jacks were putting on a hurting and your date could no longer take it.
                      They weren't playing the Jacks. I don't remember who they were playing . its 605 and I could care less who they were playing.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Last time i went to a game in the dump I was on the away side with friends my future wife on the home side with her friends and we all had a lot of beers to warm up for the game. And Then Brad Nelson hit 2 almost identical plays to Janacek(SP) for 2 early Tds. Then the game got boring and the buzz wore off and then after SDSU won again like usual we went to celebrate downtown......which is not as much fun as downtown brookings to celebrate in.

That is the only football game I have been to in the dome. Looked it up and Nelson threw a 84yd TD to Janecek and next drive was an 81yd TD to Davis. Amazing stat line by Nelson to start the game(2-2 165yrds and 2TD's).

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
                          That is the only football game I have been to in the dome. Looked it up and Nelson threw a 84yd TD to Janecek and next drive was an 81yd TD to Davis. Amazing stat line by Nelson to start the game(2-2 165yrds and 2TD's).
                          Yeah something like that I thought they were both janacek. That's a good way to start a game.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Won again like usual? Apparently you are unaware of the series history, but then again from you that's expected. And regarding the dump comment, everyone agrees in the Valley that CAS is the biggest turd in the toilet. In the 70s it was a piece of crap. The field is like playing on scuffed up asphalt. It's not nice goon. Didn't your momma ever teach you if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all?

Comment

Got to admit the HahGay clip is very funny.

Comment

Hey Yoteies it is a brave new world you entered. How's that 1st MVFC win thing goin for ya? You know we won our very 1st MVFC game. Come on little brother try and keep up.

NDSU 54 - USD 0. Great call letting the good folks of SF see that - sad little pups might have wanted to join the NSIC or maybe the GPAC.

Comment

Working...
                                X