USeD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USeD

I'm feeling a little zesty right now, so I'll step into a land I typically stay out of....the smack section of the board.

U. lost in the vaunted Dakota Dump today, where, they just don't lose.

Let me get this straight, U. got rid of coach that couldn't win on the road...for a coach the can't win on the road OR at home?

Smooth move, genius's!

And under 8k there to watch it the 'yoties take on the #8 team in the country. Nice.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Re: USeD

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm feeling a little zesty right now, so I'll step into a land I typically stay out of....the smack section of the board.

U. lost in the vaunted Dakota Dump today, where, they just don't lose.

Let me get this straight, U. got rid of coach that couldn't win on the road...for a coach the can't win on the road OR at home?

Smooth move, genius's!

And under 8k there to watch it the 'yoties take on the #8 team in the country. Nice.
    Usd sucks.

I'm am just glad we don't have to play isu red this year.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Usd sucks.

I'm am just glad we don't have to play isu red this year.
      Me either. ISU RED is on a roll and it will take a good team to win in the Dome.

Comment

7,963 is a bad turn out for your first MVFC game ever at home. Especially when you compare it to our 14,186. So sad Yotes. Did they do their bus from SF to Vermtown?

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          7,963 is a bad turn out for your first MVFC game ever at home. Especially when you compare it to our 14,186. So sad Yotes. Did they do their bus from SF to Vermtown?
          You talk like your attendance leads the nation in FCS. Your first games drew between 10,000-11,000 fans (and that was using the Joel Nielson method of counting). As a percent of what your stadium holds, it's about a draw. Wait till the pheasants fly, your attendance will drop like a rock. I am not proud thy e can't sell it out or even come very close. It disappoints me in fact. But your games are like sitting in a morgue (like ours are also). Your fans are laughable. All you hear is SIT DOWN or BE QUIET. The problem both of us have is an aged fan base. And Ronny Run Home students, just like us. If we are both honest, neither fan base is credible compared to the FCS heavyweights. And that is the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            November 17th LakeJack.....November 17th. Let the players decide it.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              You talk like your attendance leads the nation in FCS. Your first games drew between 10,000-11,000 fans (and that was using the Joel Nielson method of counting). As a percent of what your stadium holds, it's about a draw. Wait till the pheasants fly, your attendance will drop like a rock. I am not proud thy e can't sell it out or even come very close. It disappoints me in fact. But your games are like sitting in a morgue (like ours are also). Your fans are laughable. All you hear is SIT DOWN or BE QUIET. The problem both of us have is an aged fan base. And Ronny Run Home students, just like us. If we are both honest, neither fan base is credible compared to the FCS heavyweights. And that is the truth.
              I dont know how Joel Nielsen counts attendence but at SDSU we use a scanner and each ticket that comes through the gate is scanned and counted. First all our attendence for the Cereal bowl was 11532. Where to get this 10 thousand something? Your jealousy is showing and for the Beef Bowl we had 14186 for a total to date of 25, 718 or an average of 12859. Meanwhile in Vermillion you had 8936 for the colgate game and 7863 for an average of 8399. Your average is not even close to ours and for you to suggest we have weak fan bases is totally wrong. Speak for yourself but we are doing okay. UNI had a crowd of 16,600 so I read in the forum. SDSU is not trailing far behind UNI or NDSU in attendence. UND had only 9000 yesterday when they lost to Cal Poly. I resent your description of an aging fan base. All I saw yesterday were 20, 30,40 and 50 year olds and very few of my age group. Either I dont recognize people who were on campus when I was, or they are not regulars at football games. Once again speak for yourself and not SDSU.

Comment

SDSU has done a great job getting people engaged in their programs. Nidaros you are aware SDSU switched to electric scanning sometime after the 2007 season - perhaps 2008? For several years SDSU has gotten a good turnout for the Monsanto Bowl, really good attendance for the Pink Slime Bowl, and Hobo Day always packs in the Hobos. In year one of MVFC that was true as well, but the other home games were: 8311 for Cal Poly, 6117 for Missouri State, 3276 for Illinois State. Seems like SDSU has solved the late season loss of fans by pushing Hobo Day back later and alternating between NDSU and USD late season games going forward. I am confident that SDSU scanned all 3918 in attendance for your 2010 Season finale against UND - sending off your Senior Class in style! Just like UNI and NDSU....

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
                  SDSU has done a great job getting people engaged in their programs. Nidaros you are aware SDSU switched to electric scanning sometime after the 2007 season - perhaps 2008? For several years SDSU has gotten a good turnout for the Monsanto Bowl, really good attendance for the Pink Slime Bowl, and Hobo Day always packs in the Hobos. In year one of MVFC that was true as well, but the other home games were: 8311 for Cal Poly, 6117 for Missouri State, 3276 for Illinois State. Seems like SDSU has solved the late season loss of fans by pushing Hobo Day back later and alternating between NDSU and USD late season games going forward. I am confident that SDSU scanned all 3918 in attendance for your 2010 Season finale against UND - sending off your Senior Class in style! Just like UNI and NDSU....
                  Touchy seems like we discussed the UND game in 2008 before, you were blowing off about attending with your SDSU buddies. Has USED EVER outdrawn SDSU? I think you know the answer to that. Go back to the USED BOARD, Oh that right no one posts there anymore. Thats why you come here with your cute remarks. Pink sime bowl? USED WOULD KILL FOR AN IDEA LIKE THAT.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    November 17th LakeJack.....November 17th. Let the players decide it.
                    Our players will decide who has the better football team. However there is no question who has the better fans. Board of Regents reports don't lie. SDSU ticket sales crush USD's year after year after year.

Comment

Go easy on our Coyotes guests, guys. Remember, USD's whole interest in going D-1 seems to be to try to catch SDSU. That's a nice compliment. However, USD remains well behind in school size, quality of sports programs and overall fan base, and none of that is showing any sign of changing.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

USD has outdrawn SDSU several years the second half of your season. Your memory is fuzzy Bunny! Late season games at CAS that are not Hobo Day games or games where 40% are wearing Green and Gold SUCK! Perhaps you and your Senior friends can lobby to start the "Manufactured Soft-Food Products Bowl" or perhaps "Soft Cushion For My Seated Ass During the Game Bowl" to round out the home stretch and get the masses really wheeling up to the gate.

Comment

USD has outdrawn SDSU several years the second half of your season. Your memory is fuzzy Bunny! Late season games at CAS that are not Hobo Day games or games where 40% are wearing Green and Gold SUCK! Perhaps you and your Senior friends can lobby to start the "Manufactured Soft-Food Products Bowl" or perhaps "Soft Cushion For My Seated Ass During the Game Bowl" to round out the home stretch and get the masses really wheeling up to the gate.
                          Why dont you take these cute ideas to Salyer, why waste your time over here.

Comment

A real stadium in midwest late in the season is going to draw less than a comfortable dome(crappy or not). Only true measurement for attendance is first half of season. Jacks would draw more than a measly 8,000 per game.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              A real stadium in midwest late in the season is going to draw less than a comfortable dome(crappy or not). Only true measurement for attendance is first half of season. Jacks would draw more than a measly 8,000 per game.
                              Yeah..... Try again

Comment

Working...
                              X