Bison score without ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison score without ball

This game could be played on the moon, it makes no difference. There will be lots of annoying Bison fans at the game and NDSU will win by three or more touchdowns. Sorry pups.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
      This game could be played on the moon, it makes no difference. There will be lots of annoying Bison fans at the game and NDSU will win by three or more touchdowns. Sorry pups.
      Actually, playing on the moon could affect the passing game quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
        Wrong board for apologies on this topic.
        Last edited by JackJD; 04-21-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

On the heels of the announcement of the NDSU v. USD game being moved to Sioux Falls, a Sioux Falls board is looking into regulating chickens in town.
          There's some sort of weird connection.

The story was in the Argus but here's a link to the story in the RC Journal:

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/cit...9bb2963f4.html

Comment

100 years from now usd will still be following sdsu. If your mom will let you out of the basement to play you should come up to brookings to see how much growth has taken place for academic bulding and actually needing more dorms on campus. By the way has usd finally filled yote village? I know last year it was way below capacity.

Abbott the guy who wanted to stay D2 and focus on academics. Usd was losing students at an alarming rate. Usd rentention rate is abysmal, sdsu freshman ACT avg was several points higher then usd while they were focusing on academics what a joke. Since it wasn't working we had better students coming and we were growing and going somewhere. Once abbott saw how mistaken he was he followed sdsu to the T and if you fail to see how, that's your issue I can't help you. Abbott acts like he is some sort of great leader. What a great visionary you have there. A lot of people I know who have worked or affiliated with usd say he is a nice guy but not the right guy for the job. He what put in a new med school that went way over budget and ugly business school building that looks horribly out of place on campus? I would list all the stuff sdsu has improved or added but you should come to campus see all the growth and watch your yotes get whiped again and check out a town who supports its college is really like.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

the first time I was back in Brookings since the early 80's I was surprised by the growth of Brookings. When I was attending in the middle 70's there was what, just the Starolite and the Holiday Inn. Now there are more hotels in that area than I can believe. The growth along that stretch of road coming into town is unbelievable, all the way to downtown, which hasn't changed much. Even the growth on campus is amazing. I go through Vermillion every year and am amazed at the lack of growth of anything. Except for the Holiday Inn Express, and some other hotel that has been there forever I haven't seen anything. Except for the Polaris Distribution Building along the by pass I see no new industry. Was impressed with the Daktronic plant in Brookings. And yes I drive through Vermillion so I see the lack of anything new along that stretch of road through campus.

Comment

Brief rant/fact checking (edited to remove snark):

I don't want to defend USD in any respect but, as has been noted many times over the years, USD initially voted with SDSU and NDSU for moving the NCC to D1. There were more "no" votes so USD made a decision to stay with UND and others in DII. At the time, USD's decision appeared to have merit and certainly was supportable. There were a lot of sincere Jackrabbits who thought SDSU's decision was wrong. SDSU's leaders explained how SDSU had to make the move to join our academic peers. History's on SDSU's side on this one and I suppose that set in concrete the claim "we went first" but in my view, that claim will soon be shopworn and we have to be in position to say simply we are "first" in all that we do. That's an ongoing effort, not resting on something that happened several years ago.

With respect to improvements on the two campuses, keep in mind that to a large degree, campus improvements are controlled by the Board of Regents and the Legislature. USD's campus has improved tremendously in the last 10 years. SDSU's campus has improved tremendously in the last 10 years. (I think Yoteforever's response to Goon's first shot implies USD's campus has improved more than SDSU's and I would take issue with that. And, personally, I am much more impressed with SDSU's improvements but that may be due in part to personal bias.) There are significant inequities in the funding system and that's a battle Pres. Chicoine is fighting now: getting treated equitably by the regents. Recent news reports show the regents understand there are inequities and steps are being considered which will benefit SDSU.

Oh well, it's a smack thread...carry on.
                Last edited by JackJD; 04-22-2012, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  "High School Field" as in...is HWF home to College or High School teams?? Pretty sure it's all High School being played nowadays at HWF.

Good luck to the Yotes in SF. I expect you to get boat-raced by 35 points in front of a huge(way over 50%) contingent of Bison fans...If I were USD's AD, I wouldn't want most of my "fans" to see that either.

Go Jacks!!
                  I think I'm going to hold off on calling Howard Wood field a High School field. I think in about 4 years, SDSU might have to play every home game there while they are having their stadium built from scratch. That year will suck but they sure will have a nice field the next season to come back to.

Comment

Good point, 91.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      I think I'm going to hold off on calling Howard Wood field a High School field. I think in about 4 years, SDSU might have to play every home game there while they are having their stadium built from scratch. That year will suck but they sure will have a nice field the next season to come back to.
                      I may be wrong, but isn't the plan to build a new grandstand on the East side then when completed tear into the west side and get that done? I would think they could come up with a scenario that would allow the team to use Coughlin.

Now, if you are saying that in four years Coughlin will not be usable that's a scenrio that could happen. My guess is Coughlin has more than four years left. They might need to put some rehab work into it in four years, but it likely won't be completely unusable.

Comment

I hope Montana Rabbit's comments are accurate and that somehow the contractors figure out a way to build the stadium in pieces so that we can continue to attend games in Brookings. Sioux Falls doesn't have Cubbys,

Comment

Or George's Pizza. *drool*
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I am pretty sure I read that the stadium would be built in sections also. That seems possible to me, but what do I know?

Now back to the subject at hand. Congrats to the Bison on what should be a win-win situation with the Sioux Falls game.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              the claim "we went first" but in my view, that claim will soon be shopworn and we have to be in position to say simply we are "first" in all that we do. That's an ongoing effort, not resting on something that happened several years ago....
                              ...on the other hand: at the end of this evening's KELO TV 10:00 PM news, there's was a short teaser intro to a story that will be presented tomorrow morning about a new presence USD will have in Sioux Falls. My guess is the story will be about USD opening an office for its foundation etc., something SDSU did a number of years ago. I think I'll just say "now, where did they get THAT idea?" or maybe, "gosh, I wish SDSU had thought of THAT!"

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                ...on the other hand: at the end of this evening's KELO TV 10:00 PM news, there's a short teaser intro to some story that will be presented tomorrow morning. In this case, there was a reference to a new presence USD will have in Sioux Falls. My guess is the story will be about USD opening an office for its foundation etc., something SDSU did a number of years ago. I think I'll just say "now, where did they get THAT idea?"
                                Not you also

Comment

Working...
                                X