Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bison score without ball

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Strong math department in Brookings, huh?

I never went to SDSU. Actually i went one semester at USD.

Comment

Stay tuned my friend. Then you will understand who is short sighted and who had vision.
      The vision to continue to copy SDSU. Real trailblazers you have leading the way. Honestly its USD fans fault for not going to games in Vermillion. SDSU struggled during the transition for support but we have best we ever have had now. USD still is struggling to keep up compared to their D-2 days. Basketball attendance was horrible, I think it shows USD fan support true colors when NDSU came to the dome. I am sorry but that was pathetic. Trying to hype 1 or 2 games a year is not going to get it done my friend.

Honestly though I think you guys hired the best AD for what USD needed as well as football coach for now. Just need to get a decent president at USD.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Here comes the infamous, yet predictable chant........." We were first, we were first..."
        If you would quite following us you wouldn't hear it. Blaze a trail brave Yotes, blaze a trail.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          The vision to continue to copy SDSU. Real trailblazers you have leading the way. Honestly its USD fans fault for not going to games in Vermillion. SDSU struggled during the transition for support but we have best we ever have had now. USD still is struggling to keep up compared to their D-2 days. Basketball attendance was horrible, I think it shows USD fan support true colors when NDSU came to the dome. I am sorry but that was pathetic. Trying to hype 1 or 2 games a year is not going to get it done my friend. Honestly though I think you guys hired the best AD for what USD needed as well as football coach for now. Just need to get a decent president at USD.
          Goon my friend,Other than the same office address of the NCAA to apply to go from D-2 to D-1, what can you say we have copied from State? Please answer that. Now before you do, I fully recognize you went to Division I before us, and maybe for the 1323rd time I commend you for that. Now, because you have great aptitude for regcognizing duplicity, tell me where else we have copied? Maybe I can assist you.1.) added sports to our program to match yours? Nope2.) changed our facilities so we are similar to you? Nope3.) marketing plan that mirrors SDSU? Nope4.) going D-1? Yep ( oh yeah, we have talked about that before )When you see what's coming next for USD in facilities there is nothing that resembles your antiquated facilities. In 3 years you will see a state of the art basketball arena, medical facilities within that building, new athletic offices, and a whole lot more. In addition to that, you will see permenent seating on both sides of the Dome, and "common area for fans to congregate and socialize. Sound familiar to your situation? Nope.Right now we can debate if you like football outside or inside, but regardless of your vote, neither facility is stellar. Arena wise, you have it all over us right now. But in 3 years, your coaches will be screaming for something newer and better for recruiting purposes, something that can match USD. You talk about vision? When we raise our $50M, and we will, the shoe will be on the other foot. And lastly your stab at President Abbott must be personal, because I would like to see which University has improved their respective campuses more the past 10 years. Jim Abbott is a fantastic President. I won't admonish yours because I would assume he is a very good leader as well. I forgot where we were? Oh yeah, USD following State. HahahahahaVision....remember this debate TODAY and compare in 2015. I am betting heavily on us(d)

Comment

Your kidding right? You think your athletic facilities have you ahead of us. We did our Athletic Facility Master Plan back in 2010 - we already have some of it done with our new baseball stadium. Does USD have a Athletic Facility Master Plan yet? Here is a news story from 2011. It is pretty clear who the leader is and it isn't you guys. Just another example of the Yotes following the leader. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

http://www.keloland.com/videoarchive...File=042511eye

Here is our plan from 2010 go share it with your Yote pals so they can have one too.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...RIBER_CONTENT=

Comment

Following precedent, expect a provocative sign goading the Bison to be strategically placed just outside Howard Wood.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                Your kidding right? You think your athletic facilities have you ahead of us. We did our Athletic Facility Master Plan back in 2010 - we already have some of it done with our new baseball stadium. Does USD have a Athletic Facility Master Plan yet? Here is a news story from 2011. It is pretty clear who the leader is and it isn't you guys. Just another example of the Yotes following the leader. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahttp://www.keloland.com/videoarchive...File=042511eyeHere is our plan from 2010 go share it with your Yote pals so they can have one too.http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...RIBER_CONTENT=
                Please review the Master Plans of each school, digest what you have read and sit back and honestly digest it. Let's call a spade a spade. The big sports are football, and basketball (both genders).Now study your master plan. Take Frost Arena as an example. Update seating, renovate bathrooms, and modernize concessions. Whoa.....slow down. Recruits will clamor over that. How about CAS? Modernize to accommodate students, fans, and supporters with better game day experience. That's a master plan? How they going to do that? What I am predicting in the case of basketball is the advantage you have enjoyed forever will soon be a thing of the past unless the concession stands are mind blowing. And better toilets. Hey, it's your master plan, not ours.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Following precedent, expect a provocative sign goading the Bison to be strategically placed just outside Howard Wood.
                  I sure hope so. It's time to get going again.

Comment

Please review the Master Plans of each school, digest what you have read and sit back and honestly digest it. Let's call a spade a spade. The big sports are football, and basketball (both genders).Now study your master plan. Take Frost Arena as an example. Update seating, renovate bathrooms, and modernize concessions. Whoa.....slow down. Recruits will clamor over that. How about CAS? Modernize to accommodate students, fans, and supporters with better game day experience. That's a master plan? How they going to do that? What I am predicting in the case of basketball is the advantage you have enjoyed forever will soon be a thing of the past unless the concession stands are mind blowing. And better toilets. Hey, it's your master plan, not ours.
                    Did you watch the KELO land story from 2011? I know you didn't otherwise you wouldn't have posted this. Your AD talks about the extra time that the Regents slowed us down was good because it gave him a chance to "get his ducks in a row" and he also says that the tricky part is that he doesn't have anything to show donors, but he has since got his master plan done, a few years after us. That is why we are already executing ours - still behind the lead dog or should I say Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      I listened to Sports Talk with Craig and Chris on KWSN yesterday and just had to laugh at how much of the red Kool Aid they had been drinking.

They went on and on and on about how USD is really trying to do some good things to try and aggressively market themselves and how they are trying to differentiate themselves from SDSU and establish themselves in the Sioux Falls market.

What were the things that they were trumpeting you ask?

Here we go:

1. Playing a football game at Howard Wood field
                      2. Playing as many other sports as possible in Sioux Falls
                      3. Having meetings where the coaches come to town and meet with boosters to keep them in the loop on all of the sports.
                      4. Having a designated day where all of their studen-athletes and coaches spend the day in Sioux Falls doing various activities (visit schools and hospitals, etc.).
                      5. Establishing an office in Sioux Falls for their foundation to use for marketing and fundraising.
                      6. Expanding their radio network to reach more fans.
                      7. Using the Summit League Championship for basketball as a showcase for USD Athletics.
                      8. Creating a booster club in Sioux Falls.

Any of those sound familiar at all? They really have some out-of-the-box thinkers down there. Let's look at each of these from a Jackrabbit perspective:

1. Played a game there. Done that! Except that USD is playing NDSU which means that the Bison fans will make it another home game for the green and gold.
                      2. The Jacks have played baseball and basketball in Sioux Falls. I guess the Yotes won't be playing baseball or wrestling in Sioux Falls.
                      3. The Jacks have held meetings for fans for years.
                      4. The Jacks have done the "Turn the Falls Blue" thing for a number of years.
                      5. The university and foundation have shared an office in Sioux falls (downtown I believe) for several years.
                      6. The Jacks radio network reaches virtually the entire state.
                      7. If it weren't for the Jacks, Fred and Peggy in particular, getting together with the SF Sports Authority that tournament wouldn't be here. You're welcome Yoties!
                      8. The Sioux Empire Staters group has been active for a very long time in Sioux Falls.

You have to understand that KWSN's sister station will be broadcasting Yote sports next fall so there is a company interest involved. The thing that gets me is that all of the ideas they talked about were things that SDSU has done. Every last one! And there weren't any unique ideas that they came up with. It was just laughable. My favorite part was when a caller called in to discuss the big announcement yesterday and he started complainging that getting the Jacks games on the radio in Sioux Falls was difficult. Really? You can't get "The big friend: 570 WNAX to come in there? It comes in loud and clear in Brookings! Plus, the Jacks have affiliates everywhere around the state. My guess the USD game will be a little tough to find in Dupree!

Most of the things that USD is doing make complete sense. I'm not knocking that! But to trumpet it as "new and creative". Please! They have followed the footsteps that the Jacks plowed through the snow like a little kid following their daddy walking through deep snow making sure to step in dad's footsteps. Not calling that a stupid move. A tip of the hat may be in order however, not that I would ever expect them to stoop to that level.

Stay classy USD! Stay classy!

SUPERBUNNY
                      Here is a little more for you, but then I've got to go have a nice weekend.

Comment

Generally speaking, I have agreed with much of what you say yf.

However, since this is a smack section, our women's team averaged about 800 more fans a game than your men. Digest what you have read and sit back and honestly digest it.

Unless USD dramatically increases fan support, your new basketball arena could be made of gold and it wouldn't stack up against Frost. Frost is great for basketball because more often than not it is full of fans. USD could definitely increase fan support, but they are at a distinct disadvantage since Vermillion is substantially smaller than Brookings.

We don't need a shiny new arena to get more people to show up for more basketball games. What we do need are:

-More chairbacks (we're about tapped out on reserved seating/season ticket sales)
                        -Better bathrooms (you need more facilities when you bring in 2400 for women's and 3,300 for men)
                        -Better concessions (revenue generator).

Granted, those may not directly help with recruiting. But many recruits want to play on the biggest stage, not necessarily the shiniest one.

I fully expect USD to announce some big donor(s) for their basketball arena in the next 6 months, and it will no doubt be a really nice facility. Both schools have plans to improve, and all the facilities will be nice once completed (although the dome will always be the dome unless they get some architectural wizards involved).
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Will Toby's in Meckling be compensated for lost revenue? That place is usually buzzing on USD game days that is the one's in Vermillion, Being the devil's advocate in possing this question.

Comment

Goon my friend,Other than the same office address of the NCAA to apply to go from D-2 to D-1, what can you say we have copied from State?
                            - going D-1

- making the mistake of playing FB in Sioux Falls

- joining the Great West

- joining the Summit

- joining the MVFC

I could go on, but.......

Comment

Any truth to the rumor that USD is moving its spring graduation ceremony to Gayville? Word has leaked out that an area convenience store is pledging corporate support in the form of dozens of free sodas and coffees for visitors. Bids are still out for hosting the Dakota Day parade next fall. Elk Point is the early favorite, but it may have to fix a couple of pot holes before getting the nod.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                                - going D-1

- making the mistake of playing FB in Sioux Falls

- joining the Great West

- joining the Summit

- joining the MVFC

I could go on, but.......
                                -FCS football playoffs

-D1 womens and mens baskball tournement

-28% enrollment increase over 10 years

I guess USD isn't following SDSU afterall.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X