Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can have all the wins ya want but ya aint winning in Vermillion

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    They don't need to transfer to be fans of SDSU athletics. Something that sort of bothers me is the attitude of some fans that you have to be an SDSU grad to be a true fan of SDSU.

. It is a good thing that sports fans around the state are following SDSU athletics, regardless of what school they consider their primary affiliation
    SDSU is just lucky my alma mater, Lake Area Tech, doesn't have any teams.

We'd destroy SDSU in every sport.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      I have been waiting too but haven't heard much. Most realistic USD fans realized that SDSU was a better team and USD played as perfect as they could to beat the Jacks. I wonder if lakesbison is doing okay after SDSU won last night
      He had some snarky cooments on the Summit Zoo site - it must be the only one that hasn't banned him.

Comment

I told him to go bother Al Carlson some more... that pi$$ed him off. LOL
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          And so it was written...

so, did Coyote Fan watch? or do we even care?
          Just curious, if Coyote Fan falls in the forest, will anyone hear it?

Comment

This is like saying SDSU students don't have better things to do than watch the BCS championship. As a sports fan, when you have the chance to attend a higher level sports event, you take it. They don't need to transfer to be fans of SDSU athletics. Something that sort of bothers me is the attitude of some fans that you have to be an SDSU grad to be a true fan of SDSU. I look forward to the day when fans can be season ticket holders for Augie and still get excited to go watch 3-5 SDSU games a year. Yesterday we took a step in that direction.

I recognized a number of acquaintances who I know are Augustana supporters/graduates that were there cheering on the Jacks. It is a good thing that sports fans around the state are following SDSU athletics, regardless of what school they consider their primary affiliation.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SDSU cannot take the Sioux Falls sports market for granted. It is sounding like USD will have multiple games in Sioux Falls next year, they are going to be making a strong play for the casual fans in this town.
            Its not even close. maybe if you said if SDSU students were recruited to a BCS game to cheer against a team, then it is. If they didnt come on their own accord that chagnes things. If they wanted to watch a game, I wouldnt say athing, but if they were asked to go just to cheer against sdsu, sorry but I find that silly. I guess I think it would be a good thing if they enjoyed it and because SDSU fans because of it.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I know nobody was watching the womens games on Sunday but it was mentioned by the tv crew that Oakland Univ had sent a thousand OU tshirts to a church in Sioux Falls and I think Edison Middle School and they were all in the stands to cheer on OU. When the OU ladies played the Jacks in December they came out a few days early and did a good will event at Edison. Played with the kids and became pen pals with them. Probably also attended the church while in Soo Foo also. Have no problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                Yes, most of them were Augie students. They were not "recruited" by ESPN. They were recruited by a WIU student whose brother attends Augie.
                I'll give the WIU student full marks for creativity, then. Well played by him (or her).
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SDSU cannot take the Sioux Falls sports market for granted. It is sounding like USD will have multiple games in Sioux Falls next year, they are going to be making a strong play for the casual fans in this town.
                  How will losing multiple games in SF help USD gain the casual sports fan?
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

As I was walking down the stands to the court (long after everyone rushed the court) at the SF Arena I walked by part of USD's basketball team. One was the Androetti kid and I remember him saying this is a bunch of bs. He honestly thinks usd is better than SDSU.

Sorry to vent but I have always had problems with that univeristy where you have to buy your friends through Frats and Soroties.
                    It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      I know nobody was watching the womens games on Sunday but it was mentioned by the tv crew that Oakland Univ had sent a thousand OU tshirts to a church in Sioux Falls and I think Edison Middle School and they were all in the stands to cheer on OU. When the OU ladies played the Jacks in December they came out a few days early and did a good will event at Edison. Played with the kids and became pen pals with them. Probably also attended the church while in Soo Foo also. Have no problem with that.
                      Totally different, Building relationships is a good deal. My wife was a student teacher at Edison and I made sure she did her best to indoctrinate them into liking SDSU.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
                        As I was walking down the stands to the court (long after everyone rushed the court) at the SF Arena I walked by part of USD's basketball team. One was the Androetti kid and I remember him saying this is a bunch of bs. He honestly thinks usd is better than SDSU.

Sorry to vent but I have always had problems with that univeristy where you have to buy your friends through Frats and Soroties.
                        Im a guy who was in a fraternity at SDSU and there is a lot more to it then buying friends....I know USD prides itself on its partys at its fraternitys. How ever there is a lot of good that goes on that most people will never hear of. I have plenty of issues with that school but using sterotypical terms like frat, is not accurate to the big picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                          ZING

Comment

Yeah watch 605 play a bunch of games in Sioux Falls and have the Summit say "Well now its their home court, Sioux Falls can no longer be the host site" Way to go 605

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              Yeah watch 605 play a bunch of games in Sioux Falls and have the Summit say "Well now its their home court, Sioux Falls can no longer be the host site" Way to go 605
                              Yeah, I expect the league would have a thing or two to say about any plan to play more than a couple of games in Sioux Falls--in the Arena, anyway . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                                I get that you are making a joke (I think).

When SDSU lost to Manhatten in Sioux Falls, I brought friends who had never been to an SDSU game. Their response was, "what a great game, SDSU has better athletes than I expected." Our team then was nowhere near what our team now is.

Those same guys have been to multiple basketball games in Brookings, and would attend another game in Sioux Falls. They also bought all session passes to the last 2 Summit League Tournaments. With another group of guys I don't know, and who also have no affiliation to SDSU. They all own at least one piece of Jackrabbit clothing.

That's how losing games in Sioux Falls will help USD gain the casual sports fan.

I get murdered every time I bring it up, but we aren't winning the Sioux Falls fanbase. We just aren't losing it, yet. All it will take is a couple year stretch of equal quality, and aggressive marketing by USD to take it.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X