Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can have all the wins ya want but ya aint winning in Vermillion

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Explain? So augie students were recruited to cheer for wiu?
    That's what's being reported/rumored via Twitter . . . ESPN recruited students from Augie to be WIU fans for the night.

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      That's what's being reported/rumored via Twitter . . . ESPN recruited students from Augie to be WIU fans for the night.

Not That There's Anything Wrong With That.
      That's strange. And augie stduents don't have better things to do they watch sdsu sports? Maybe they realized how awesome it was and will see the light and transfer.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That's strange. And augie stduents don't have better things to do they watch sdsu sports? Maybe they realized how awesome it was and will see the light and transfer.
        I was wondering why they were chanting "Sioux Falls SkyForce!"
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

You can win in Vermillion, but we will take the ticket to the big dance.

Pound sand coyote fan.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
            I couldn't hear anything they said but that's not creative. Maybe they think the team will be sending guys to the pros and will work up through the D league.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
              It was a knock on Wolters, saying he will only make it as high as playing for the SF Skyforce.

Comment

I heard the WIU (Augie) students chanting "Whose got the rabbit?!?!" right after halftime. I looked at my wife and said, "that's an Augie/USD cheer." She looked at me like I was stupid.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  I heard the WIU (Augie) students chanting "Whose got the rabbit?!?!" right after halftime. I looked at my wife and said, "that's an Augie/USD cheer." She looked at me like I was stupid.
                  Well, that is the closest Augie Students will ever get to being part of a Div I BBall game.

Comment

It makes sense now - when the "Western" student section walked in,one of them was wearing a purple Minnesota Vikings #1 jersey and I remember thinking why would a Western student spend all day driving to Sioux Falls and the only thing purple he had to wear was a Vikings jersey.

Comment

Yes, most of them were Augie students. They were not "recruited" by ESPN. They were recruited by a WIU student whose brother attends Augie.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Going to your first NCAA tournament is why you rush the floor not because you beat a team in your same conference during a regular season game where no team is ranked nationally. Hope USD fans enjoyed rushing the floor during a regular season game while they watched us rush the floor to get into the tournament.
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Going to your first NCAA tournament is why you rush the floor not because you beat a team in your same conference during a regular season game where no team is ranked nationally. Hope USD fans enjoyed rushing the floor during a regular season game while they watched us rush the floor to get into the tournament.
                          I am just waiting for some USD fan to use comparative scoring, or the SDSU beat WIU to win the confrence tourney, USD got lucky and beat SDSU so that means if USD was there they would have won the confrence tourney.

A lot of water cooler talk to day at the office about SDSU, most are SDSU grads, a few are USD and one northern iowa, but did get SDSU season tickets for football last year.

Comment

This is like saying SDSU students don't have better things to do than watch the BCS championship. As a sports fan, when you have the chance to attend a higher level sports event, you take it. They don't need to transfer to be fans of SDSU athletics. Something that sort of bothers me is the attitude of some fans that you have to be an SDSU grad to be a true fan of SDSU. I look forward to the day when fans can be season ticket holders for Augie and still get excited to go watch 3-5 SDSU games a year. Yesterday we took a step in that direction.

I recognized a number of acquaintances who I know are Augustana supporters/graduates that were there cheering on the Jacks. It is a good thing that sports fans around the state are following SDSU athletics, regardless of what school they consider their primary affiliation.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: SDSU cannot take the Sioux Falls sports market for granted. It is sounding like USD will have multiple games in Sioux Falls next year, they are going to be making a strong play for the casual fans in this town.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I am just waiting for some USD fan to use comparative scoring, or the SDSU beat WIU to win the confrence tourney, USD got lucky and beat SDSU so that means if USD was there they would have won the confrence tourney. A lot of water cooler talk to day at the office about SDSU, most are SDSU grads, a few are USD and one northern iowa, but did get SDSU season tickets for football last year.
                              I have been waiting too but haven't heard much. Most realistic USD fans realized that SDSU was a better team and USD played as perfect as they could to beat the Jacks. I wonder if lakesbison is doing okay after SDSU won last night
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Lakebison is still incarcerated in Frisco, Texas. No one will post bond to bail him out.

Back to the thread - I'm sure Yotes fans are busy building the "lore" of their victories earlier this year over the vaunted Jackrabbits, who somehow or another - qualified for the dance. In fact, I'll bet the U's victory over the Jacks is now GREATER than the time they almost beat Colgate. (One of their many moral victories).

I smack, just to smack - my Coyote friends have for the most part been very complimentary and good willed. I'm sure until next fall, when we "have a friend for dinner"!!! Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X