Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUU T-birds @ The D-Dome

Originally posted by Quadriga View Post
    Oh, that's right. The jacks are gonna be ok.
    Put it on the next billboard

Comment

tjbson:
      one of a few things that detract from the FargoDome being more of a "big-time" atmosphere is the small-school entrance in which the team was led by a Harley. But, I don't recall that happening last year (I've been the the last three SDSU v. NDSU games in the Fargodome). Did the event planners drop the Harley? (Next item to work on: getting rid of the captain of the cheer team serving as PA announcer).

I see in the you-tube highlights of the USD v SUU game (yes, an outstanding catch by Will Powell) that the Coyotes have not one but two Harleys leading in the team. Two? That's worse than one. Who are the people "planning" that stuff? Some middle school student council?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        tjbson:
        one of a few things that detract from the FargoDome being more of a "big-time" atmosphere is the small-school entrance in which the team was led by a Harley. But, I don't recall that happening last year (I've been the the last three SDSU v. NDSU games in the Fargodome). Did the event planners drop the Harley? (Next item to work on: getting rid of the captain of the cheer team serving as PA announcer).

I see in the you-tube highlights of the USD v SUU game (yes, an outstanding catch by Will Powell) that the Coyotes have not one but two Harleys leading in the team. Two? That's worse than one. Who are the people "planning" that stuff? Some middle school student council?
        Wow sounds like a quote from a bitter Coyote hater that is finally fully coming to terms that South Dakota has caught and surpassed SDSU in football. The Jacks fans can graze the pasture to 15K all day but it still won't surpass the atmosphere in the Dome.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I honestly can't remember the last time a Harley led the team out of the tunnel, that had to be pre-2008.

The PA guy isn't changing, although he has toned it down a tiny bit this year. He still says his favorite lines but just not as often.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
            Wow sounds like a quote from a bitter Coyote hater that is finally fully coming to terms that South Dakota has caught and surpassed SDSU in football. The Jacks fans can graze the pasture to 15K all day but it still won't surpass the atmosphere in the Dome.

How many games have you been to in Coughlin to be able to make the opinion that we wouldnt surpass the atmosphere? Were you at the McNeese game a couple yrs ago on Hobo Day? Your fans finally show up and make some noise. And now you have the best atmosphere in college football. Fill that dump up the rest of the year and we can talk about it. And i hate to break it to you but you have caught us and surpassed us yet. You havent even proven your better than us this year. Being ranked in FCS doesnt make you better than teams that arent.
            Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 10-10-2011, 04:51 AM. Reason: added more

Comment

tjbson:

Because maybe (?) they have a major sponsor that is a Harley dealer? In 1978, we were led on to the field by the South dakota Highway Patrol. Now if you think about it, what does that say about your school? You are in a Dome, noise is going to be a factor.........so the Harley's are setting the tone. In all candor ( I know we are in smack ) do you really have an issue with this, or is it just a convenient thing to throiw darts at? Because I have to tell you that there is nothing more obnoxious ( or Junior High ) than hearing cowbells inside a basketball arena. Think about that one. That is J-High stuff.

Comment

I see Will made Sports Center! Good for him, USD, and SD.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aWpbfOOv9zA
                Unfortunately they only mention SUU in the clip.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  Because maybe (?) they have a major sponsor that is a Harley dealer? In 1978, we were led on to the field by the South dakota Highway Patrol. Now if you think about it, what does that say about your school? You are in a Dome, noise is going to be a factor.........so the Harley's are setting the tone. In all candor ( I know we are in smack ) do you really have an issue with this, or is it just a convenient thing to throiw darts at? Because I have to tell you that there is nothing more obnoxious ( or Junior High ) than hearing cowbells inside a basketball arena. Think about that one. That is J-High stuff.
                  I actually agree to an extent. Didn't SDSU have a harley lead them on the field a few years ago with the Jackrabbit mascot on it? I'm pretty sure they did.

I've never really cared for the cowbells, but I went to school ('04-'08) when they weren't allowed at games so it's hard for me to comment on it.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Um, is sticking a taunting billboard outside another school grad school or middle school? As long as honesty is being demanded, what say you?

Comment

[Note: Was signed in as adminhare...this post is from JackJD]
                      I recall in 1978 USD being led onto the field by the Highway Patrol. Three guys on probation, right?
                      I've always thought the Harley introductions were small-time. If it's a sponsor, then it may be understandable but small-time nonetheless. Seemed popular some years back but I had not noticed a Harley on the field recently until I saw the YouTube clip of USD v SUU.
                      I have a much bigger issue with cheerleader announcers like the one in Fargo. I think some of the NDSU fans sit silently until they are prompted to respond to the PA announcer. I think many NDSU fans agree with what I am writing and wish the announcer would knock it off so the crowd could get really rowdy.
                      Cowbells? They were very rare to non-existent when I was at SDSU and now, of course, prohibited by the Summit League. When's the last time you were in Frost Arena? Had to be a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        Um, is sticking a taunting billboard outside another school grad school or middle school? As long as honesty is being demanded, what say you?
                        The one in Brookings might be J-High. The others? PhD

Comment

Originally posted by adminhare View Post
                          I recall in 1978 USD being led onto the field by the Highway Patrol. Three guys on probation, right?
                          I've always thought the Harley introductions were small-time. If it's a sponsor, then it may be understandable but small-time nonetheless. Seemed popular some years back but I had not noticed a Harley on the field recently until I saw the YouTube clip of USD v SUU.
                          I have a much bigger issue with cheerleader announcers like the one in Fargo. I think some of the NDSU fans sit silently until they are prompted to respond to the PA announcer. I think many NDSU fans agree with what I am writing and wish the announcer would knock it off so the crowd could get really rowdy.
                          Cowbells? They were very rare to non-existent when I was at SDSU and now, of course, prohibited by the Summit League. When's the last time you were in Frost Arena? Had to be a while ago.
                          None of us were on probation till after that game. Then we were all wanted for murder after the game for obvious reasons. Regarding the Harley, I personally don't get it other than because of where the Coyotes come out of the lockerroom, the fans on the permenant side can't see them because of the overhang. So when the Harley ROARS that is a signal that they are making their entry onto the field. Last weekend was the first time there were 2 Harley's. In all candor, we have come onto the field with harleys for quite some time now. I can't remember how long though.

About NDSU, I completely agree. That voice, and volume, is as obnoxious as it gets.

About the cowbells. The last time I was in Frost was some time ago. Obviously because you were playing USD. That was the night my wife was verbally accosted (but in previous times I have brought that up, that sort of behavior is acceptable as long as it is not towards a SDSU fan, player, or coach). I said I would never bring her to another game in Frost. But I will be there and want to witness first hand just how well behaved all of you will be throughout the game. So if the Cowbells thing is done, then I give you that.

Comment

Lastly, has anyone been to a football game at Illinois State? If so, do they tailgate, and is there parking around the stadium? Anyone "want" to help a Yote out here?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Good point
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Lastly, has anyone been to a football game at Illinois State? If so, do they tailgate, and is there parking around the stadium? Anyone "want" to help a Yote out here?
                                I looked for a message board for Illinois State fans earlier but I couldn't find a thing. I'd contact their athletic department and they'll help you out I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X