Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUU T-birds @ The D-Dome

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Attendance listed as 10,100-something. But watch this video. Quite a few empty seats. Interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCMWLLJmUTQ

By the way... unbelievable catch by Powell at about 30 seconds in.

Their website says the dome seats 10,000. It looked like the student section was packed. But with all the empty seats on the east side, hard to believe there was over 10,000

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Attendance listed as 10,100-something. But watch this video. Quite a few empty seats. Interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCMWLLJmUTQ

By the way... unbelievable catch by Powell at about 30 seconds in.
      The far left section at around :20-:25 in the video filled up because it was used as overflow for students. The reason it is so empty in the video is because the student entrance is on the floor on the opposite side of the field, underneath the permanent seats just past the visiting bench. Usually, the students come in there and walk around the back of the endzone to their section. Saturday, however the student section filled up and students were told they couldn't go over there. I'm not sure if they sent the students behind the SUU bench, or sent them around inside (through the swim area, if you know the Dome well), but the empty section in the video was filled with students by about 5 minutes into the game. You can actually see a group of the students standing on the ground waiting to be seated at Warren's first TD run if you pause it at :56.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Whether or not there was actually over 10,000 people there isn't that important to me. There was likely somewhere between 8-10K actually inside the dome. The attendance and excitement level at the Dakotadome has turned that facility into an unbelievable home field advantage that is not able to be duplicated with an outside facility that hold less than 20,000. The onfield noise level is intimidating to the opponent. S Utah had about 3 or 4 noise induced procedure penalties. I really thought S Utah was lucky to be as close in the game as they were. The Yotes had nearly a 2 to 1 yards differential advantage in the 3rd quarter. When S Utah got within 24-19 I thought they were wrong to not onside kick the ball with about 2 minutes and change left. It ended up backfiring on them as well. The Yotes held S Utah to 11 total yards rushing which is about the same they held E Washington to as well. USD is running for about 200 yards and passing for about the same. The FCS opponent in both cases so far has been around 300 yards passing and 10 yards rushing so the Yotes are completely taking away the running game. When the road FCS games come about it's going to be tough to hold the opponents offense down as well as the Yotes have done at home.
        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Shoulda , Woulda , Coulda. I can think of some games this year that the Jacks "Shoulda" won, or "Coulda" been closer. Looks like pretty similar scores. Next week at Ill St for the Yotes. Lets see what happens against the MVFC.
          Probably the same thing we did to them last year!!!
          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
            Whether or not there was actually over 10,000 people there isn't that important to me. There was likely somewhere between 8-10K actually inside the dome. The attendance and excitement level at the Dakotadome has turned that facility into an unbelievable home field advantage that is not able to be duplicated with an outside facility that hold less than 20,000. The onfield noise level is intimidating to the opponent. S Utah had about 3 or 4 noise induced procedure penalties. I really thought S Utah was lucky to be as close in the game as they were. The Yotes had nearly a 2 to 1 yards differential advantage in the 3rd quarter. When S Utah got within 24-19 I thought they were wrong to not onside kick the ball with about 2 minutes and change left. It ended up backfiring on them as well. The Yotes held S Utah to 11 total yards rushing which is about the same they held E Washington to as well. USD is running for about 200 yards and passing for about the same. The FCS opponent in both cases so far has been around 300 yards passing and 10 yards rushing so the Yotes are completely taking away the running game. When the road FCS games come about it's going to be tough to hold the opponents offense down as well as the Yotes have done at home.
            Just too bad you cant get that kind of crowd/home advantage for every game. Is 7000 fans screaming indoors more of a home advantage than 15-16k, outdoors?

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
              Whether or not there was actually over 10,000 people there isn't that important to me. There was likely somewhere between 8-10K actually inside the dome. The attendance and excitement level at the Dakotadome has turned that facility into an unbelievable home field advantage that is not able to be duplicated with an outside facility that hold less than 20,000.
              Yes, I can see that. 39-5 or something at home during Ed's tenure? I think that's what I heard during the broadcast yesterday. No doubt the dome is a good home field advantage. Of course since we moved up, we're 28-7 at Coughlin despite being an outdoor facility that holds less than 20,000.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Their website says the dome seats 10,000. It looked like the student section was packed. But with all the empty seats on the east side, hard to believe there was over 10,000
                This will be the smallest facility in theValley then, WIU seats like 11.5k i think
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                  This will be the smallest facility in theValley then, WIU seats like 11.5k i think

But it doesnt matter cause they will have the best home advantage in the Valley.

Comment

Just too bad you cant get that kind of crowd/home advantage for every game. Is 7000 fans screaming indoors more of a home advantage than 15-16k, outdoors?
                    Financially, no!!!!

Comment

But it doesnt matter cause they will have the best home advantage in the Valley.
                      Funny thing was last year their QB and oline got a couple False starts due to the noise in the FD on third downs and I would say there was 16 to 17k there

MVFC Stadiums

1. Youngstown - 20,632
                      2. NDSU - 19,500
                      3. Western Ill - 17,168
                      4. UNI - 17,000
                      5. Missouri St - 16,300
                      6. Southern Ill - 15,276
                      7. Illinois St - 15,000
                      8. SDSU - 15,000
                      9. Indiana St - 12,764
                      10. USD - 10,000
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Funny thing was last year their QB and oline got a couple False starts due to the noise in the FD on third downs and I would say there was 16 to 17k there

MVFC Stadiums

1. Youngstown - 20,632
                        2. NDSU - 19,500
                        3. Western Ill - 17,168
                        4. UNI - 17,000
                        5. Missouri St - 16,300
                        6. Southern Ill - 15,276
                        7. Illinois St - 15,000
                        8. SDSU - 15,000
                        9. Indiana St - 12,764
                        10. USD - 10,000
                        Think there might be more than 15,000 on the 22nd?

Comment

Think there might be more than 15,000 on the 22nd?
                          I would bet 250-500 Bison fans will be there. Pretty good chance we will be 6-0 coming into that one as long as we dont lay the golden egg against a win less Misery St team but im not gonna hold me breath on that yet..its at home at least.

I may be making the trip down unsure yet though
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I would bet 250-500 Bison fans will be there. Pretty good chance we will be 6-0 coming into that one as long as we dont lay the golden egg against a win less Misery St team but im not gonna hold me breath on that yet..its at home at least.

I may be making the trip down unsure yet though
                            Only 250-500? I figured a couple thousand would be down like 4 yrs ago

Comment

Only 250-500? I figured a couple thousand would be down like 4 yrs ago
                              Well I could go all lakes on your A** then...............................10,000 BISON FANS TO YOUR PODUNK LITTLE TOWN TO TAKE OVER AND STEAL YOUR BITCHES................BISON HOME GAME......but I wont cause I think nice weather, hunting and still Beet harvest will drag down the travelers I could be wrong might hit 1-1.5k
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Yeah, there will be a ton of Bison fans at the game.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X