Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD already trash talking for next years game

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    And the last time we were in Frost, there were 2 guys that called my wife a F'ing *itch.
    605forever (lol)
    Maybe they knew your wife.........

(I'm sorry. It was right there staring me in the face....I tried not to say it...I even waited until after my tea and crumpets.....I'm sure she's a lovely woman, despite drinking enough to stay married to you. oh I really 605'd it now! I hope this being in the smack section saves me)
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I am on the road and I awknowledge you have tried to send me a message. If it's what I hope it is, all is forgiven. Now, to answer your question. I am not sure any discussions that took place between the Summit and MVC. I was involved first hand when the Summit did their visit and I met all the committee members. It was the Commissioner that said in our meeting that there wasn't really a rivalry in the Summit and when told what the "old stories" were about dead coyotes and dead rabbits, that is what he said he wanted to accomplish. Regarding the MVC, I was shocked when we announced that was the way we were heading because until 2 days before, I was told it was the Big Sky. And given the fact many of you didn't want to renew the rivalry (for either the right or wrong reasons) I was ok with the Big Sky.

I am totally unaware of anything said about joining the MVC at the request of the Summit, and thats the truth.

The other fact is that when we do play the first time in Vermillion 2 years from now, I am going to invite ALL of you to a fan friendly tailgate and have a great time. Remember, I am the one that does cheer for you when you play anyone but USD. I think it's good for SD. I don't like it when you get beat or get whipped.

Lastly, I will tell you that you don't know who funded the billboard campaign. Certainly our President had no clue. I will tell you it was done just to stir up some crap and get a head start on the rivalry by building it up. By the way, it would be appropriate to have some fun and retaliate anyway you see fit.

605forever
      http://www.volanteonline.com/news/bi...alry-1.2627151
      So you are telling me your President didn't have a clue who funded or planned a billboard campaign that was orchestrated by USD's Director of Marketing? Really?
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

And the last time we were in Frost, there were 2 guys that called my wife a F'ing *itch.
        To quote Dalton from "Roadhouse": "Is she?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojPVOhHhwnk

3:13 into the linked video. (FYI, the whole thing is worth watching.)

Comment

There is a second billboard on I-29 northbound one mile before the Vermillion exit.

Comment

"Polar Bear fell on me".
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...=2011109150303

Comment

Yoteforever does make some good points. I just don't think this is worth getting worked up about. It's a marketing message. It's not obscene or vulgar. It's promoting OUR home game. USD needs to fire up its fan base. They don't draw as well as they should at home. The BOR report showed that gate receipts at USD are a fraction of what they are at SDSU, so not only don't they have enough customers, they don't have enough paying customers. So I don't blame them for putting some red meat in front of their own fans. And it has certainly gotten more than $750 a month worth of attention.

But again, it's a marketing message designed (no matter what USD's marketing guy says) to fire up THEIR fan base. It is also designed to annoy us, so I refuse to comply.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                  I don't have the artistic skills, but here's an idea for a retaliatory billboard...

A rabbit standing on top of a bunch of coyote bones, looking all cute and innocent.

The caption above the picture reads... *BURP*

Below the picture, the Game date and the SDSU logo....

And we put it on east Highway 50, just as you're coming into Vermin-town.

Could any of the more artistically Jackrabbit fans on here do a mock-up of this?
                  I think a response like this would be great. Shows good humor and promotes the rivalry. Also would indicate that somebody at SDSU "get's it" the way it was intended....

Comment

Originally posted by HadleyCoyote View Post
                    I think a response like this would be great. Shows good humor and promotes the rivalry. Also would indicate that somebody at SDSU "get's it" the way it was intended....
                    You just want someone to play in the mud with you. No thanks. We have all of this season and most of next before we have to play the pups. See you in 14 months

Comment

• Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

2. It is false to say there are no Summit rivalries. SDSU-NDSU is an intense rivalry that has intensified since they were the first two Dakota schools to go D-1. The point in bold is THE indisputable fact in any rivalry discussion then, now, or in the future.[/QUOTE]

Its easy to talk about, its easy to sum it up when you just talk about "who went first." I mean listen, we talkin bout "who went first." Not a "rivalry", not a "rivalry", not a "rivalry". We talkin bout "who went first." Not a "rivalry", not a, not a, not the "rivalry" that "student/atheltes" go out there and die for, and play every "rivalry" game like its "their" last. Not the "rivalry". We talkin' bout "who went first", man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin' bout "who went first." I know that, and I'm not shovin' it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know its important, I do. I honestly do. But we talkin' bout "who went first", man. What are we talkin' bout? "Who went first?" We talkin' bout "who went first" man. We talk... We talkin' bout "who went first." We talkin' bout "who went first." We ain't talkin' bout the "rivalry", we talkin' bout "who went first", man. When you come into the DakotaDome/CAS, and you see me play, you see me play, don't you? You see me give everything I got, right? But we talkin' bout "who went first" right now. We talkin' bout "who went first." Man look, I hear you, its funny to me too. I mean, its strange, its strange to me too. But we talkin' bout "who went first." We not even talkin' bout the "rivalry", the actual "rivalry", when it matters. We talkin' bout "who went first."
                      Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Great post joeybrownerHOF, made me laugh. However, I do enjoy the NDSU rivalry more. Playing usd is just like hanging out with the wrong group of friends, they will bring you down. Playing NDSU on the other hand is like hanging with the expectable group of friends. Better fan base, facilities, and tradition than usd, a program we would rather associate with.

Comment

Originally posted by HadleyCoyote View Post
                          I think we can find much better ways to invest our precious marketing dollars than by getting sucked in to some silly game of one-upmanship billboard bingo, bango, bongo -- ways that will produce much more immediate and fruitful results.
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Some random thoughts from discussions I've had with people on this subject.

1. It is classless to one purchase a billboard like this and then taking it to the next level by placing the first of 4-5 of these billboards right outside of Brookings. This isn't junior high anymore, this is D-I college athletics. To know that USD themselves did this is crazy. If some other 3rd party put this up on their own dime would be much more acceptable. But no, USD is paying $750/month for 14 months (over $10,000) to advertise an away game.

2. You just beat the #1 FCS team in the county and then decide to focus on a game 14 monhts away? What does that say for your current football season - does it not mean anything? What does it say for all the other sports that play and have played USD recently? Did the USD marketing office forget they play us in basketball on Jan. 12 (men) and Jan. 16 (women)?

Just an absolute joke of a school - as clearly evidenced by this. I thought we'd gotten past throwing coyotes and jackrabbits on the field of play but I guarantee it will happen. And Sportscenter/media will choose to cover that instead of the game itself. A large majority of Americans already think we live in sod homes or tipis and are a bunch of hicks. That stereotype is only going to be stengthened when dead animal carcasses find their way onto the field/court.

Boy, I can't wait (insert heavy sarcasm)!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              Some random thoughts from discussions I've had with people on this subject.

1. It is classless to one purchase a billboard like this and then taking it to the next level by placing the first of 4-5 of these billboards right outside of Brookings. This isn't junior high anymore, this is D-I college athletics. To know that USD themselves did this is crazy. If some other 3rd party put this up on their own dime would be much more acceptable. But no, USD is paying $750/month for 14 months (over $10,000) to advertise an away game.

2. You just beat the #1 FCS team in the county and then decide to focus on a game 14 monhts away? What does that say for your current football season - does it not mean anything? What does it say for all the other sports that play and have played USD recently? Did the USD marketing office forget they play us in basketball on Jan. 12 (men) and Jan. 16 (women)?

Just an absolute joke of a school - as clearly evidenced by this. I thought we'd gotten past throwing coyotes and jackrabbits on the field of play but I guarantee it will happen. And Sportscenter/media will choose to cover that instead of the game itself. A large majority of Americans already think we live in sod homes or tipis and are a bunch of hicks. That stereotype is only going to be stengthened when dead animal carcasses find their way onto the field/court.

Boy, I can't wait (insert heavy sarcasm)!
                              Well done.

And agreed.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

More like it.jpg

This is more accurate, IMO
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X