Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    It's not like you can easily read the sign from the road anyway.
    Exactly, leave the monument to USD's stupidity alone.

Comment

Re: USD already trash talking for next years game

Is this legit? I don't get up north except for gamedays or business travel. Anyone else seen it?

Just looking at the photo, the orientation of the billboard seems in relation to I-29 seems off. Aren't billboards only supposed to face the direction of the oncoming traffic lane?

Comment

little late to the party...

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...-quot-Campaign

Comment

I just noticed that they have their "old" logo of the squatting mangy mutt. Whomever had this done obviously didn't know about the logo change.
          Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
            I just noticed that they have their "old" logo of the squatting mangy mutt. Whomever had this done obviously didn't know about the logo change.

Huh? They still use the squatting dog. Look at the lower left corner of their athletics page. Under the 605 hat ad

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/index.asp

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              Sorry to inconvenience you.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                Sorry to inconvenience you.
                Just point out the fact that a thread has already been started and it has been discussed at length.

Comment

I'm still having a hard time getting too worked up over this. I think the way to improve the rivalry and stay away from the really nasty stuff is to shrug off this kind of thing as good fun between old rivals. It's not obscene. It's clever. Ultimately, in the grand scheme of things, it's just silly. As I just tweeted to Stu, we used to throw frozen wildlife at each other. So really, this is pretty tame.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                    A couple quick thoughts.

1. I would think any response from Mr. Sell would be: I think we will simply take the high road on this.
                    2. I've been by the sign a couple times now as I leave Brookings and the mangy dog still has not caught the rabbit and never will.
                    3. The old saying is: if your not leading the race the view never changes. Enjoy the view yotes.
                    4. The sign was put up in the Brookings area so people would actually see it. If it were outside of verm town not enough people passing by to notice it.
                    5. Albeit clever as some pointed out? It would be clever outside of verm town as well - and that's were it should be. It classless.
                    6. It is nice that they are so interested in SDSU football to go thru all the effort to promote our home game. Sad Yote sad.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                      I think this is what USD wants. They are hoping something will happen to the sign so they can use that to fire up their fans. They are trying to bait someone into doing something that moves it from a sports story to a front page story. I agree with KUlawJack, the petty ugliness has started and now will probably never stop. I guess the saying is true in that you can't teach an old dog or coyote new tricks.
                      Great response. You have changed my thinking and I agree. Thanks for your input.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Weren't these guys touting themselves as Ivy League on the Prairie, i.e. better than the rest? Think this is what Harvard and Yale do every season, carefully placing clever billboards of animals chasing animals near Boston or New Haven?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Weren't these guys touting themselves as Ivy League on the Prairie, i.e. better than the rest? Think this is what Harvard and Yale do every season, carefully placing clever billboards of animals chasing animals near Boston or New Haven?
                          A lot more clever. But same type of thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Harvard%E2%80%93Yale_prank

Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                            A couple quick thoughts.

1. I would think any response from Mr. Sell would be: I think we will simply take the high road on this.
                            2. I've been by the sign a couple times now as I leave Brookings and the mangy dog still has not caught the rabbit and never will.
                            3. The old saying is: if your not leading the race the view never changes. Enjoy the view yotes.
                            4. The sign was put up in the Brookings area so people would actually see it. If it were outside of verm town not enough people passing by to notice it.
                            5. Albeit clever as some pointed out? It would be clever outside of verm town as well - and that's were it should be. It classless.
                            6. It is nice that they are so interested in SDSU football to go thru all the effort to promote our home game. Sad Yote sad.

GBGBGJ
                            I agree that we take the high road - it's what TRUE leaders do. In fact, I'll go one step further and say that we should sell fresh carrots at the away side concession stand at our home BB game with the C-oats. (might be worth a few FT's?)

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              A lot more clever. But same type of thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Harvard–Yale_prank

Sort of, but not really. You see what you showed us was college kids pulling a prank, the billboard was done by USD's leadership. I guess like MoVaJack, I expect more from the Princeton of the prairie. I'm not surprised they are so classless, just disappointed.

Comment

The billboard itself is just fine (albeit a little childish), but having it placed in/near Brookings is just classless and stupid. They could have accomplished the same exact thing (caused a stir for a few weeks, enflated the egos of their alumni, wasted state dollars) placing the billboard at the Vermillion exit on I-29. Taking it one step further and placing it outside of Brookings is just asking for trouble and stirring the pot - so much for all that grandstanding before the WBB game last year about renewing the rivalry without the childish actions of the past.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X