USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD already trash talking for next years game

The story in their school paper is interesting. Some of their “leadership” is inviting us (or should I say begging us) to play in mud with them. They are going to be very disappointed when they figure out that we are above that kind of nonsense.

Go State!

Comment

I believe this basically ends the debate over who thinks this rivalry is more important. From the admin on down.

Comment

If I was Sell I'd put a billboard up (now) about the North Dakota State game this year. Would kind of show priorities as in games this year opposed to games next year

Comment

Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

USD/Eastern Washington (official) attendence: 8696.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be a little more worried about promoting actual home games if that was the attendence for my team's home opener against the #1 ranked team in the country! That number is especially embarassing when you consider the 600 free military tickets they hoped to give away. What's the over/under on this week's attendence at the dome, 5,000?

Comment

what was the worst part of it (imho) was the student section for the second half. Now yeah I understand if you are losing by 30 or even if its homecoming but its a home opener that you are winning against the #1 ranked team. And over half of the student section was gone by the start of the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
              I believe this basically ends the debate over who thinks this rivalry is more important. From the admin on down.
              THIS

Comment

What a bunch of "old ladies" you all are. Good grief. Go back and read all of your comments. My God, what a bunch of whiners................."they have no class.........this shows they are still chasing us..........I would hope their behavior had changed..........I can't believe they are spending money on this............this game is more important to them than it is to us........blah blah blah"

Give credit where credit is due. One MAJOR reason we were allowed into the Summit was because the people on top ADMITTEDLY awknowledged there isn't a rivalry in the league, and their hopes were this would spark other schools to want to have a rivalry as well. Whether in a public forum you want to admit it or not, it is a rivalry game. Rivals smack one another. Should there be class in a rivalry? Of course there should be. But good God, you make it sound like you tailgate with "tea and crumpets". "We are above that....we are well behaved fans......we always respect our opponents........blah blah blah".

Don't lecture me about attendance either. There were PLENTY of empty seats for your opener with Southern Utah. So far, that's the nature of South dakota fans. When a ringneck pheasant "trumps" a football game in either school, then neither school is as "pumped for their program" as we posters are. We post because we care. But please don't lecture me when one of your premier posters on here calls me a retard and there isn't a word of retribution for it. And the last time we were in Frost, there were 2 guys that called my wife a F'ing *itch. That is totally classless as well. Does that represent your total University......I know it doesn't. My point is that you have your share of eggheads as well as us. If the word FARMER was used in a totally undignified way, then shame on the idiot that said it. But that person doesn't represent USD anymore than the idiot that called me a RETARD or my wife an F'ing *itch represents yours.

I know this is smack, and once again will be accosted for saying this, but people, it is a RIVALRY game. Who really cares whether the billboard is FUN and in GOOD TASTE, or it it is CHILDISH? The point is at least at one school, there is a spirit and a flame that is lit. You all make it sound on here like someone took a crap on the queens sandwich. There better not be one dead coyote show up next year, or I will have to close your tea and crumpet stand and point out to you that you have your share of losers as well.

To those that appreciate the sports, the games, and the fan interaction.........I say CARRY ON. (now go ahead and blast me)

605forever (lol)

Comment

So what you have here is your stories of individuals behaving poorly and what we have is your institution and its leadership behaving boorishly. See the difference? Ta ta for now, you uncouth supporter of a pedestrian school.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    So what you have here is your stories of individuals behaving poorly and what we have is your institution and its leadership behaving boorishly. See the difference? Ta ta for now, you uncouth supporter of a pedestrian school.
                    "boorishly?............again I say, Tea and Crumpets anyone?"

Comment

Ya, that is what I was going for. Perhaps I should have added dimwitted.

Comment

I don't have the artistic skills, but here's an idea for a retaliatory billboard...

A rabbit standing on top of a bunch of coyote bones, looking all cute and innocent.

The caption above the picture reads... *BURP*

Below the picture, the Game date and the SDSU logo....

And we put it on east Highway 50, just as you're coming into Vermin-town.

Could any of the more artistically Jackrabbit fans on here do a mock-up of this?
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

To a previous post complaining about whining in this thread:
                          1. Any post over 500 words in a smack section is by default whining.
                          2. It is false to say there are no Summit rivalries. SDSU-NDSU is an intense rivalry that has intensified since they were the first two Dakota schools to go D-1. The point in bold is THE indisputable fact in any rivalry discussion then, now, or in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                            I don't have the artistic skills, but here's an idea for a retaliatory billboard...

A rabbit standing on top of a bunch of coyote bones, looking all cute and innocent.

The caption above the picture reads... *BURP*

Below the picture, the Game date and the SDSU logo....

And we put it on east Highway 50, just as you're coming into Vermin-town.

Could any of the more artistically Jackrabbit fans on here do a mock-up of this?
                            "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

This one is for you YF, USD is the pig.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                              What a bunch of "old ladies" you all are. Good grief. Go back and read all of your comments. My God, what a bunch of whiners................."they have no class.........this shows they are still chasing us..........I would hope their behavior had changed..........I can't believe they are spending money on this............this game is more important to them than it is to us........blah blah blah"

Give credit where credit is due. One MAJOR reason we were allowed into the Summit was because the people on top ADMITTEDLY awknowledged there isn't a rivalry in the league, and their hopes were this would spark other schools to want to have a rivalry as well. Whether in a public forum you want to admit it or not, it is a rivalry game. Rivals smack one another. Should there be class in a rivalry? Of course there should be. But good God, you make it sound like you tailgate with "tea and crumpets". "We are above that....we are well behaved fans......we always respect our opponents........blah blah blah".

Don't lecture me about attendance either. There were PLENTY of empty seats for your opener with Southern Utah. So far, that's the nature of South dakota fans. When a ringneck pheasant "trumps" a football game in either school, then neither school is as "pumped for their program" as we posters are. We post because we care. But please don't lecture me when one of your premier posters on here calls me a retard and there isn't a word of retribution for it. And the last time we were in Frost, there were 2 guys that called my wife a F'ing *itch. That is totally classless as well. Does that represent your total University......I know it doesn't. My point is that you have your share of eggheads as well as us. If the word FARMER was used in a totally undignified way, then shame on the idiot that said it. But that person doesn't represent USD anymore than the idiot that called me a RETARD or my wife an F'ing *itch represents yours.

I know this is smack, and once again will be accosted for saying this, but people, it is a RIVALRY game. Who really cares whether the billboard is FUN and in GOOD TASTE, or it it is CHILDISH? The point is at least at one school, there is a spirit and a flame that is lit. You all make it sound on here like someone took a crap on the queens sandwich. There better not be one dead coyote show up next year, or I will have to close your tea and crumpet stand and point out to you that you have your share of losers as well.

To those that appreciate the sports, the games, and the fan interaction.........I say CARRY ON. (now go ahead and blast me)

605forever (lol)
                              Serious question. I thought the reason USD was invited into the MVC was because the Summit basically said they wanted them in, etc. for purposes of potential conference realignment? I've never heard anything about them wanting a rivalry. Not that it isn't good for the league, but you get my point.

Edit: Yoteforever, I sent you a PM. Your inbox is full. Delete some messages.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                Serious question. I thought the reason USD was invited into the MVC was because the Summit basically said they wanted them in, etc. for purposes of potential conference realignment? I've never heard anything about them wanting a rivalry. Not that it isn't good for the league, but you get my point.

Edit: Yoteforever, I sent you a PM. Your inbox is full. Delete some messages.
                                I am on the road and I awknowledge you have tried to send me a message. If it's what I hope it is, all is forgiven. Now, to answer your question. I am not sure any discussions that took place between the Summit and MVC. I was involved first hand when the Summit did their visit and I met all the committee members. It was the Commissioner that said in our meeting that there wasn't really a rivalry in the Summit and when told what the "old stories" were about dead coyotes and dead rabbits, that is what he said he wanted to accomplish. Regarding the MVC, I was shocked when we announced that was the way we were heading because until 2 days before, I was told it was the Big Sky. And given the fact many of you didn't want to renew the rivalry (for either the right or wrong reasons) I was ok with the Big Sky.

I am totally unaware of anything said about joining the MVC at the request of the Summit, and thats the truth.

The other fact is that when we do play the first time in Vermillion 2 years from now, I am going to invite ALL of you to a fan friendly tailgate and have a great time. Remember, I am the one that does cheer for you when you play anyone but USD. I think it's good for SD. I don't like it when you get beat or get whipped.

Lastly, I will tell you that you don't know who funded the billboard campaign. Certainly our President had no clue. I will tell you it was done just to stir up some crap and get a head start on the rivalry by building it up. By the way, it would be appropriate to have some fun and retaliate anyway you see fit.

605forever

Comment

Working...
                                X