Any news on the hotdog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any news on the hotdog?

That makes me glad I didn't get one thursday night.

I was in line to get one, but decided I didn't want to spend the 3.50, I'm cheap like that.

So I got just got my coke, no ice instead.

Yes, no ice...I'm cheap like that too. It drives me nuts when the cup is 3/4's full of ice..you get about 6 ounces of actual soda pop.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      That makes me glad I didn't get one thursday night.

I was in line to get one, but decided I didn't want to spend the 3.50, I'm cheap like that.

So I got just got my coke, no ice instead.

Yes, no ice...I'm cheap like that too. It drives me nuts when the cup is 3/4's full of ice..you get about 6 ounces of actual soda pop.

I'm the same way if I'm getting a fountain pop somewhere.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

some one from State should come up with the Daktronics of hot dogs and mass produce them for the stadiums of the world. but the trick is how you cook them. steam, boil. nuke, barbeque, what is best? never nuke em in a bun makes the bun like concrete, steam em in the bun get a gooey mess. come on engineers and meat lab people. the time for the Daktronics of hot dogs is now.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          some one from State should come up with the Daktronics of hot dogs and mass produce them for the stadiums of the world. but the trick is how you cook them. steam, boil. nuke, barbeque, what is best? never nuke em in a bun makes the bun like concrete, steam em in the bun get a gooey mess. come on engineers and meat lab people. the time for the Daktronics of hot dogs is now.
          Contrary to those who can not afford a $3.50 hot dog, I had one the other evening. It was boiled and definitely the Hebrew National brand. Mouth watering good, I might add. It appeared that the dog had been boiled.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post

The Hot Dog Challenge, love it Sturgis.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Another quick fact. The CEO I speak of has a daughter who is married to a former Jackrabbit basketball player named Pete.
              Suspect that is Pete Leiferman? Don't remember any other Pete's.

And as for the hotdogs at SDSU...still, by far better than the current dog (which I'm with Nidaros, is pretty tasty) is the one used by the previous vendors. I've still got a bunch of them in my freezer, and they are head and shoulder above the dogs used now...enjoyed one yesterday!! And I've arranged to get some of the Cimpl dogs from JackMD, and will at least give you one person's impression.

Comment

J#1, liked your use of the term "head and shoulder" - it certainly has double meaning in the context of a hot dog's ingredients....

Like many things the term hot dog has a disputed etymology, but I like this version best since it involves a newspaper cartoonist:
                http://homecooking.about.com/od/food...doghistory.htm

On the other hand it appears there is no history on how the idiom hot dog to refer to an athletic showoff originated. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hot+dog .

JD may have pushed it into the new realm with a reference to the young gentleman from NDSU. Maybe future Frost showoffs are Zastroids?

When you think of it there is a lot of potential to promote Dakota-based food-sports idioms... Pork Classic might be dressed up as PorkRoyale...
                Other nominees? Beef Bowl?

With so many meat-oriented promotions at Coughlin it should be unofficially dubbed The Meat Grinder. Kind of like that...

Comment

How'd that line go?Build it and they will come.Maybe it can be modified to "make it and they will come."

"World renowned",best hot dog in all of div 1.Come see for yourself.Wonder at it's plumpness,oozing with mouth watering flavor.Marval at it's taste bud pleasing perfection.Enjoy one now,an unforgettable experience.You'll be sure to come back for more.

Comment

We should name it "top dawg",the leader of the "pack"

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      We should name it "top dawg",the leader of the "pack"
                      As in HOWLING PACK. I told you to swallow your pride and buy Dome Dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        As in HOWLING PACK. I told you to swallow your pride and buy Dome Dogs.
                        That's shameless exploitation of someone else's marketing scheme.You swallow your pride, as in your Morrell's pride hotdogs i thought you guys are getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Contrary to those who can not afford a $3.50 hot dog, I had one the other evening. It was boiled and definitely the Hebrew National brand. Mouth watering good, I might add. It appeared that the dog had been boiled.
                          The only time that I ever bought Hebrew National Dogs at the supermarket, they were about the diameter of a crayon, and not much longer. If they are selling those tiny hot dogs for $3.50, someone is getting seriously ripped off!

OK, I admit that I speak of those fat crayons that they made me use in Kindergarten.
                          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                            The only time that I ever bought Hebrew National Dogs at the supermarket, they were about the diameter of a crayon, and not much longer. If they are selling those tiny hot dogs for $3.50, someone is getting seriously ripped off!

OK, I admit that I speak of those fat crayons that they made me use in Kindergarten.
                            No the one I had was a jumbo size. I am quoting some one who said the chosen brand was Hebrew National and the one I bought tasted a lot like them. I have no wrappers of proof that it was indeed this brand. The little ones leave something to be desired, the jumbo ones are great eating imho, and if you let the water sit after boiling you generally have less fat than from other brands. A sign of quality meat included in the ingredients. You never will get a filet Migon inside a hot dog, but rather the lesser quality and parts.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                              Maybe future Frost showoffs are Zastroids?
                              Isn't that what you get for sitting in the bleachers for too long? Zastroids?
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Well here in the land of the Coney dogs and just about every restaurant called (Insert Name here) Coney Island, at the home of the Detroit Tigers they were serving Dakota Brand Hot Dogs. Eatung a South Dakota product while looking up at the Daktronics scoreboard. the local hot dog vendor boils them then barbeques them to give them flavor. seves them on a silver platter.

Comment

Working...
                                X