Any news on the hotdog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any news on the hotdog?

Boiled hot dog? BOILED HOT DOG?!?! That's SACRILEGE!

Give me a grilled hot dog any day... preferably on the buns that the folks at Hamlin High School use.... soft, moist and vastly improves the hot dog experience!

If anyone is from Hamlin, please tell me where you get your hot dog buns for your concession stand.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

After we get the hot dog situation straightened out,maybe we should work on the pop corn next.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        After we get the hot dog situation straightened out,maybe we should work on the pop corn next.
        Personally, I've always been miffed that they've had commercials of Coke Zero playing on the Big Board, but don't sell Coke Zero at the concession stands . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          JD may have pushed it into the new realm with a reference to the young gentleman from NDSU. Maybe future Frost showoffs are Zastroids?
          I like that.

It seems one could bend that name to be a play on the word disaster, as in "When the not-very-good, little hotdog gets lucky and hits a three and then does the freshman-in-high school finger to his mouth to quiet the crowd, its a dizastrow"....but, that doesn't quite work.

If we get the hotdog close to everyone's satisfaction and move on to popcorn as proposed by jackdaniel (I eat popcorn every time I'm in Frost...same thing when I go to a movie: doesn't matter if I'm hungry, I eat popcorn at baseball and basketball games and movies.

Improving the popcorn may prove to be an even bigger challenge. It means someone may have to actually pop it the day of the game.

Comment

They need to buy popcorn from The Carmike theater in SF their popcorn is FANTASTIC!!! Way better then century...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              They need to buy popcorn from The Carmike theater in SF their popcorn is FANTASTIC!!! Way better then century...
              Coconut oil. That's the secret.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well.. I'll be honest... I actually go into SF(from Hartford) sometimes, just to get popcorn at the Carmike....

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Coconut oil. That's the secret.
                  That's right it is coconut oil. Banned it cause it was good not because it was fatty. Only to find out its not that bad for you. Cursed "We know what's better for you than you do" police.

Comment

The concessions at our local high school is managed by the same guy that runs the school lunch program. He actually used to work as a chef at a pretty darn good Black Hills restaurant. I had to chuckle a few years ago when he told me about all of the popcorn brands and oils that he tried out in order to sell quality popcorn. Then my son hit high school basketball and we started travelling all over as our school is in the (soon to be defunct) GDC. I ate a lot of popcorn in a lot of cities around the state and discovered that Joe's efforts really did yield results. In my opinion, Sturgis High School really does serve better popcorn than other schools, including colleges that I have been to. The biggest problem is the small bags. I keep telling Joe that he needs bigger ones but he ignores me.

SDSU takes recruiting and facilities seriously. I maintain the belief that popcorn should get the same intense scrutiny!
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                      The concessions at our local high school is managed by the same guy that runs the school lunch program. He actually used to work as a chef at a pretty darn good Black Hills restaurant. I had to chuckle a few years ago when he told me about all of the popcorn brands and oils that he tried out in order to sell quality popcorn. Then my son hit high school basketball and we started travelling all over as our school is in the (soon to be defunct) GDC. I ate a lot of popcorn in a lot of cities around the state and discovered that Joe's efforts really did yield results. In my opinion, Sturgis High School really does serve better popcorn than other schools, including colleges that I have been to. The biggest problem is the small bags. I keep telling Joe that he needs bigger ones but he ignores me.

SDSU takes recruiting and facilities seriously. I maintain the belief that popcorn should get the same intense scrutiny!
                      Exactly,be the best you can be,if we had better food at the concession stand, wouldn't sales increase (minus the cost of better more expensive ingrediants) and more important, enhance the game experience.But , like everything else, it gets contracted out so the school has no control over the quality of food served.Oh well,fact of life I guess.

Comment

Exactly,be the best you can be,if we had better food at the concession stand, wouldn't sales increase (minus the cost of better more expensive ingrediants) and more important, enhance the game experience.But , like everything else, it gets contracted out so the school has no control over the quality of food served.Oh well,fact of life I guess.
                        Maybe we can talk Learfield into taking over the concessions . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The whole Concessions / restroom area is a debacle at best. they NEED to remedy that first! My father would refer to it as a cluster ****! and I think I would have to agree... it is most certainly a cluster.

Comment

The way to go is the bags of popcorn. If you go with the boxes, who knows when they were boxed up.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Talked to a coyote fan tonight, he said the current "dump" dogs are terrible and concurred that a change is needed in verm as well.

I just picked up 20 lbs of Cimpl's big city reds (Quarterback Dog) the Vikings serve at the dome. Not available for retail sale, I snagged them before they shipped to Chicago. Going to distribute to a few board members and try them myself. May have to get a seat in front of the "Jackrabbit hot dog commission" if they are as good as touted.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

as for the bathroom situation there is one somewhere downstairs no one knows about I think near the south east exit lower level.

Comment

Working...
                                X