Any news on the hotdog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any news on the hotdog?

You really need to suck up the 'ol pride and contract your hot dogs through USD. Can you imagine the popularity of the worls famous DOME DOG being served in Frost or that other place you play.

1/2 pound of pure All_American hot dog. Oh my gosh, it would be worth the price of the ticket just to order one. Then when you do play USD, have them on sale to promote the game. Ketchup, mustard, and jalepenos.

I can hear it now: "JACKS FANS, GET YOUR DOME DOG. DOME DOGS HERE. AMERICAS FINEST DOGS........"
    1. Talk about an enticement to get butts in the seats. I think i can hear it....get your dome dogs right here
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      You really need to suck up the 'ol pride and contract your hot dogs through USD. Can you imagine the popularity of the worls famous DOME DOG being served in Frost or that other place you play.

1/2 pound of pure All_American hot dog. Oh my gosh, it would be worth the price of the ticket just to order one. Then when you do play USD, have them on sale to promote the game. Ketchup, mustard, and jalepenos.

I can hear it now: "JACKS FANS, GET YOUR DOME DOG. DOME DOGS HERE. AMERICAS FINEST DOGS........"
      1. Talk about an enticement to get butts in the seats. I think i can hear it....get your dome dogs right here

Since when did USD start playing in the Metrodome (you know an actual dome compared to what they play in now)?

Comment

I always used to call the "Yote Dome Dog" a BLT. Bungs, Lungs, and Tongues! Had to was it down with a piece of pie from the bake sale that they do for fundraising. Mmmmmm, pie!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

That make me think of:

Hole food! Hole food! Rat! Rat-onna-stick! Rat-in-a-bun! Get them while they're dead!

Of course, it could also be because I was reading Terry Pratchett before going to bed last night.

-Cut-Me-Own-Throat Hammersmith

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
            That make me think of:

Hole food! Hole food! Rat! Rat-onna-stick! Rat-in-a-bun! Get them while they're dead!

Of course, it could also be because I was reading Terry Pratchett before going to bed last night.

-Cut-Me-Own-Throat Hammersmith
            I knew there was a reason I liked you so much . . .
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              They need to contract with the Meat Lab on campus. Those are some good hot dogs! Actually, after working at the Meat Lab for two years my fear of hotdogs is gone. They are actually not as bad as they used to be pre "The Jungle." Nothing to fear, just some scraps that don't fit else where or have little commercial value. Lips, beaks, feet, and other organs typically aren't part of today's hotdogs.

THIS is reassuring. Thanks for this, WSR....

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                They need to contract with the Meat Lab on campus. Those are some good hot dogs! Actually, after working at the Meat Lab for two years my fear of hotdogs is gone. They are actually not as bad as they used to be pre "The Jungle." Nothing to fear, just some scraps that don't fit else where or have little commercial value. Lips, beaks, feet, and other organs typically aren't part of today's hotdogs.
                See, I hate it when they mess with the recipes. Give me a goot Foot and Beak Dog with a beer any day...
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  See, I hate it when they mess with the recipes. Give me a goot Foot and Beak Dog with a beer any day...
                  It's gotta have some fermented cabbage on it, IMHO. This dog gets my support, made right here in Yankton, SD. Good enough for the Vikings, good enough for me.

http://www.ksfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=13241524

If you have been to a Vikings game recently, you may have noticed a change at the concession stands. The dome dog is no longer.

Move over Hormel, the new Quarterback Dog is now the big dog in town and it is produced locally, at the Cimpl plant in Yankton. This means a lot for the city of Yankton and Vikings fans.

Centerplate, the Vikings official concessions vendor, has decided to make a change that has the people at Cimpls in Yankton excited.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    It's gotta have some fermented cabbage on it, IMHO. This dog gets my support, made right here in Yankton, SD. Good enough for the Vikings, good enough for me.

http://www.ksfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=13241524

If you have been to a Vikings game recently, you may have noticed a change at the concession stands. The dome dog is no longer.

Move over Hormel, the new Quarterback Dog is now the big dog in town and it is produced locally, at the Cimpl plant in Yankton. This means a lot for the city of Yankton and Vikings fans.

Centerplate, the Vikings official concessions vendor, has decided to make a change that has the people at Cimpls in Yankton excited.
                    Hey Doc, can you tell me if the Dogs are available right now at any Yankton grocery stores? Visiting the city on Feb. 4-5 and as a hot dog lover would like to check them out. PM me if you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      Hey Doc, can you tell me if the Dogs are available right now at any Yankton grocery stores? Visiting the city on Feb. 4-5 and as a hot dog lover would like to check them out. PM me if you wish.
                      The CEO at Cimpl's and I are good friends. I can get you as many as you want, just let me know where to meet you and how many you want. PM if you like. I'm working that weekend so we will be in town.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        The CEO at Cimpl's and I are good friends. I can get you as many as you want, just let me know where to meet you and how many you want. PM if you like. I'm working that weekend so we will be in town.
                        Another quick fact. The CEO I speak of has a daughter who is married to a former Jackrabbit basketball player named Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          My wife and I will be leaving soon for Frost and the IPFW games. I haven't heard any news about the replacement for the hotdog being served at Frost -- anyone heard anything? I don't think I can handle another one so I'll eat before getting to Frost and then survive on popcorn and ice cream during the games.

One wag told me that the the current dog, soon to be replaced, is called the "Zastrow" after the guard on NDSU's team: it's a small hotdog that isn't very good.

[Zastrow hit a nice three-pointer during the NDSU game at Frost this season and then he put his finger to his mouth as he returned down the court, giving the "sshhh" sign after the crowd quieted down. In D-I basketball, that's the universal sign for "gee, I haven't been here before." ]
                          It's funny that you choose little Z to poke fun at. I fondly remember Nate fouling out last year at Frost in the second OT, after scoring 20 points and hitting the 3 pointer that forced overtime. As he walked to the NDSU bench, the SDSU student section chanted "left, right, left, right!" and just as Clint Sargeant was shooting his free throw, Zastrow took a seat, causing the entire student section to scream "Sit down!" at the exact moment Sargeant was shooting his free throw (which he missed). The Bison went on to win their 8th straight against the Jacks and Nate made a mockery of SDSU's students that night. I'd hate him too if I was an SDSU fan. lol. I'll remember that game for a long, long time

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                            As he walked to the NDSU bench, the SDSU student section chanted "left, right, left, right!" and just as Clint Sargeant was shooting his free throw, Zastrow took a seat, causing the entire student section to scream "Sit down!" at the exact moment Sargeant was shooting his free throw (which he missed).
                            Dammit, that STILL pisses me off, to this day.

There is no doubt in my mind that Zastrow knew exactly what he was doing to, because, I had said it a million times, that is what I'd do, but had never seen any player actually do it. (maybe it happens a lot, I have no clue).

Have some situational awareness, idiot students.

I went on a rant about it then, and I guess I did now again too.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

No question Zastrow has hit some nice shots. But, that doesn't change how he handles it. He's a small hotdog that isn't very good.

Comment

...had the 'new' hotdog tonight. It may be the worst $3.50 I've ever spent.
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X