This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska smack

Jeeze if you dislike the northern plains that much do us all a favor and move to some crowded metropolitan area.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by HuskerFan View Post
      Wow.....snappy comeback!!
      Hey, we ain't got much to work with right now.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

All 3 states are boring
        This.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I never said I hated the northern plains, I just think it's boring. I think any Nebraskan would agree there is not much to see out west in this state. The only reason I go to North Dakota, is because most of my relatives live there.
          Let me guess, you live in Omaha? The sxxt hole of the midwest. Actually having lived in NE the whole state is scary ugly and incredibly boring. As for the Huskers, I watched a bit of the Washington game on tv yesterday. You have a pretty good FB team but as for the fans WOW is all I can say. Nice corn hat! Holy crap, can you say embarassing.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
            Let me guess, you live in Omaha? The sxxt hole of the midwest. Actually having lived in NE the whole state is scary ugly and incredibly boring. As for the Huskers, I watched a bit of the Washington game on tv yesterday. You have a pretty good FB team but as for the fans WOW is all I can say. Nice corn hat! Holy crap, can you say embarassing.
            At least they didn't have a fan dressed as a teletubby like the Huskie fans had.

Comment

Answer to the World Herald column: http://bit.ly/9C3kkf

Comment

Is Candy Corn really considered a delicacy in Cornhusker Land?
                This space for lease.

Comment

I was really hoping that there would be better smack from down south. Alas, there isn't any creativity from Nebraska fans. I guess that explains why their inflatable mascot looks like the love child of the Michelin Man and Bob's Big Boy.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I hate Nebraska because of how they robbed Michigan out of the out-right national title in 1997. Osbourne knew they weren't getting a share, just like Penn State got screwed in 1994. So he decided to announce his retirement from coaching so the coaches would vote for the Cornyuckers. And it worked. The Maize and Blue would have shredded that Nebraska team. Michigan's defense that year made Nebraska's defense this year look like a 9-man defense.

At least the BCS works in one way. Those two would have played for the out-right title in '97. And Penn State would have gotten their chance in '94.

Comment

• Re: Nebraska smack

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      I hate Nebraska because of how they robbed Michigan out of the out-right national title in 1997. Osbourne knew they weren't getting a share, just like Penn State got screwed in 1994. So he decided to announce his retirement from coaching so the coaches would vote for the Cornyuckers. And it worked. The Maize and Blue would have shredded that Nebraska team. Michigan's defense that year made Nebraska's defense this year look like a 9-man defense.

At least the BCS works in one way. Those two would have played for the out-right title in '97. And Penn State would have gotten their chance in '94.

Screw Michigan. Everyone knew that the Huskers would have beat that Wolverines team. Heck they could barely beat Washington State that year while Nebraska whooped up on Tennessee. Don't even get me started on the '94 Nittany Lions. Not even in the same class as that Huskers team.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                        Screw Michigan. Everyone knew that the Huskers would have beat that Wolverines team. Heck they could barely beat Washington State that year while Nebraska whooped up on Tennessee. Don't even get me started on the '94 Nittany Lions. Not even in the same class as that Huskers team.
                        Wrong and wrong.

Barely beat Wash. St. Michigan led the whole game and it was the closest game all year. One of the great defenses in history and Charles Woodson winning the Heisman proved that. And Wash. St. was better than Tennessee. It took an illegal kick of a ball in the end zone that resulted in a td against Mizzou for the Cornyuckers to even be undefeated that year. That was the same day Michigan beat #4 Penn State by 30. I'll never forget that day.

'94 Nebraska was good, but not as good as the '95 team. I detest Nebraska and will admit that was one of the best college teams ever. Penn State would have been a great game against Neb. Ki-Jana Carter would have been the best back on the field that day. But Nebraska had two really good backs. And Kerry Collins was a very, very good college quarterback.

Comment

You guys remind me of an overpriced call girl this weekend. You are going to come down to Lincoln, provide us with some entertainment, walk out of Lincoln with your head between your legs with 375 k in your pocket. Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker Fan View Post
                            You guys remind me of an overpriced call girl this weekend. You are going to come down to Lincoln, provide us with some entertainment, walk out of Lincoln with your head between your legs with 375 k in your pocket. Works for me.
                            Any call girl that can walk arouind with her head between her legs would probably be worth the 375k.

I think that you meant "tail between their legs." But, I am sure that is just the Nebraska education system rearing it's ugly head again..
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              Any call girl that can walk arouind with her head between her legs would probably be worth the 375k.

I think that you meant "tail between their legs." But, I am sure that is just the Nebraska education system rearing it's ugly head again..

Game
                              Set
                              Match

Comment

They played this song on the local sports talk show making fun of the jackrabbits. Funny stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1sktm_wgKg

Another funny quote by Bo Pelini "I don't even know what the FCS is."

Getting ready for the whooping rabbits!!

Comment

Working...
                                X