• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twins pennant race

Looks like first pitch won't be till close to 4

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      It did start then? Last I heard it was in rain delay.

I'd rather staple my tongue to a bee hive than listen to the hawk and DJ.

Classic!!

Rowdy, I hope you don't mind me using that one!

And I thought my, "I'd rather masturbate with a steel wool glove" was good, but I like yours better!

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I'd rather use handheld blenders as earmuffs, than listen to the hawk and dj.

And have at it, propar!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

just heard 4 PM start for the game

Comment

Luckily the game isn't blacked out on ESPN2 which means I don't have to listen to Hawk and DJ but if the Sox get down I might turn it over just to hear them complain till I get sick of them.

Comment

It did start then? Last I heard it was in rain delay.

I'd rather staple my tongue to a bee hive than listen to the hawk and DJ.

I can appreciate that one. Post of the Day.

Comment

Well the Tigers played well but eventually rolled over and died. Twins and White Sox tomorrow at 6:30 tomorrow night with a shot at the playoffs on the line. I'm worried about this one with how badly Blackburn pitches on the road and how bad the Twins generally play on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                  Well the Tigers played well but eventually rolled over and died. Twins and White Sox tomorrow at 6:30 tomorrow night with a shot at the playoffs on the line. I'm worried about this one with how badly Blackburn pitches on the road and how bad the Twins generally play on the road.
                  Yeah, I'm thinking it might not be good that the Twins didn't wrap it up when they had the chance....whichever team misses the playoffs, has only themselves to blame.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking it might not be good that the Twins didn't wrap it up when they had the chance....whichever team misses the playoffs, has only themselves to blame.
                    Very true. Both teams control their own destiny. Can't ask for more right? I for one am not for one or the other, but find it really fun that it comes down to a one game playoff. It is great for baseball.

Comment

I still don't like the coin flip for who gets home field. I think it should be whoever had the better head to head during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by tdhummel View Post
                        I still don't like the coin flip for who gets home field. I think it should be whoever had the better head to head during the season.

How can MLB get it wrong so many times (IMO):

1.) Coin Flip for home field in play-in game? (IMO there shouldn't even be a "play-in game")

2.) No salary cap?

3.) Using the All Star game for home field advantage for the World Series?

4.) One Division has a Designated Hitter, one doesn't?

5.) A season that is so long they could eventually play a world series game in a blizzard?

6.) 162 games that on average take 3 hours to complete?

I'm sure I could come up with more, but I know the MLB is the only league where I can come up with so many, un-common-sense rules and decisions.

Sorry to take this thread adrift, but after I heard the Twins where 10 and 8 against the White Sox and have to go to Chicago to play the most important game of the year because a freaking "coin flip"...I have to wonder if Selig and Al Davis aren't roommates.

BTW....Go Twins!!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          How can MLB get it wrong so many times (IMO):

1.) Coin Flip for home field in play-in game? (IMO there shouldn't even be a "play-in game")

2.) No salary cap?

3.) Using the All Star game for home field advantage for the World Series?

4.) One Division has a Designated Hitter, one doesn't?

5.) A season that is so long they could eventually play a world series game in a blizzard?

6.) 162 games that on average take 3 hours to complete?

I'm sure I could come up with more, but I know the MLB is the only league where I can come up with so many, un-common-sense rules and decisions.

Sorry to take this thread adrift, but after I heard the Twins where 10 and 8 against the White Sox and have to go to Chicago to play the most important game of the year because a freaking "coin flip"...I have to wonder if Selig and Al Davis aren't roommates.

BTW....Go Twins!!
                          Huge pet peeve here, I hate how people complain that baseball games take 3 hours, football games take just as long and have way more commercial breaks. The only reason people complain that baseball takes that long is that there are 162 games instead of 16 like football

Comment

Huge pet peeve here, I hate how people complain that baseball games take 3 hours, football games take just as long and have way more commercial breaks. The only reason people complain that baseball takes that long is that there are 162 games instead of 16 like football

Exactly.

Comment

I don't think its really that long when they have 3 game sets constantly, play pretty much every day, don't need to rest up like they do in football and hockey cuz they aren't taking as big of a beating

Comment

I don't think its really that long when they have 3 game sets constantly, play pretty much every day, don't need to rest up like they do in football and hockey cuz they aren't taking as big of a beating

Going to have to "agree to disagree" on this one with you Mango.

I just can see how beginning a season with "possible flurries" and ending it with "possible flurries" makes any sense what-so-ever. We all know what it's about, and that's the $$$$$$$$'s.

I become more of a college sports fan and more disinterested in Professional sports the older I get, which is funny because I always thought it would be the other way around.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X