Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twins pennant race

Heck of a catch by Gomez!

1/2 game back, going for the sweep tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      Heck of a catch by Gomez!

1/2 game back, going for the sweep tomorrow!!
      I gotta admit, I'm not missing Hunter as much as I thought I would. He is having success with the Angels but Gomez is fun to watch.

Quick bit of info. If anyone is interested, WNAX has a bus headed to the Twin Cities for the last 2 games of the season against K.C. this weekend. I'm headed back home to hunt ducks or I'd be on my way. Tickets include a seat on the bus, hotel room, and good seats at the game. Pretty sure bet that they are going to matter.

Big game tomorrow. Gonna be an Indians fan starting Friday night.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

when AJ hit that ball I was like crap there is a double but I saw Gomez had a beat and I was like he's not gonna get there but wow is he fast.

I wish the playoff games didn't fall on the same weekend as Hobo Day, good thing I have ESPN on my phone so I can check the score of the game

Comment

Twins really need to win tomorrow night if they expect any real chance to win the division and make the playoffs. If they lose and fall to 1 1/2 back with 3 to play it puts the White Sox magic number at 3 (I think because they have one less game played so far). Twins win and the Twins Magic number moves to 4 (if I'm calculating that properly, would be 3 games to play and Twins would be even in the loss column with White Sox).

Remember the Sox had a game with the Tigers rained out so they are one game short right now. If the season ends with only 1/2 game separating the teams the Sox will have to make up the game with Detroit. Now, depending if they are up a 1/2 or down 1/2 a win or loss will decide if another tiebreaker needs to be played against the Twins. If I am remembering correctly the Twins lost a coin flip last week and the White Sox will host if it ends in a tie.

SOOOOOOO, the Twins really need to win tomorrow night and even if that happens and they win out there still might be a single tiebreaker game.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Really nice win for the Twinkies! When I saw the starting pitchers (Blackburn vs. Buerhle) I thought it was trouble but Blackburn really threw a nice game and the Twins bats got to Buerhle early and that had to calm Blackburn down.

It's going to be a lot of fun over the remaining games!

GB, GB, GJ, & GT!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Twins really need to win tomorrow night if they expect any real chance to win the division and make the playoffs. If they lose and fall to 1 1/2 back with 3 to play it puts the White Sox magic number at 3 (I think because they have one less game played so far). Twins win and the Twins Magic number moves to 4 (if I'm calculating that properly, would be 3 games to play and Twins would be even in the loss column with White Sox).

Remember the Sox had a game with the Tigers rained out so they are one game short right now. If the season ends with only 1/2 game separating the teams the Sox will have to make up the game with Detroit. Now, depending if they are up a 1/2 or down 1/2 a win or loss will decide if another tiebreaker needs to be played against the Twins. If I am remembering correctly the Twins lost a coin flip last week and the White Sox will host if it ends in a tie.

SOOOOOOO, the Twins really need to win tomorrow night and even if that happens and they win out there still might be a single tiebreaker game.
              I agree. I said before this series started that they are probably going to have to win all three in order to win the division and make the playoffs (or even have a tiebreaker game). What a turn around it would be if they made the playoffs!

Comment

Yankees and Tigers. Two of the highest payrolls in baseball, Twins one of the lowest. Tigers are going home for the year after all the big expectations in the spring. Can't beat the Royals, can't beat anyone. Yankees the same. Go Twins. Hopefully can last longer in the playoffs if they make it this year.

Comment

Twins get the sweep. Now in first place.
                  An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                  US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

What........a..........series! Let's just hope we can beat Kansas City!

Comment

Wow!!!
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

That ... was ... FUN!

Looks like the never-give-up Twins are back! These last three games -- especially tonight -- should give the Twins a huge boost of confidence heading into the KC series.

And what can you say about Gomez? The kid came up big these last two games. I love his enthusiasm.

The pressure's all on Chicago. It sounds cliche, but the Twins have to put the sweep behind them, and just take care of business against the Royals!

BTW: Slowey's x-rays were negative.
                        "You trusted us"

Comment

I'm going to Minneapolis to watch the Jackrabbit cross country teams run at the Griak Invitational hosted by the U of Minnesota...its awfully tempting to spend some extra time in the Cities attending Twins games Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Can you imagine how hot Guillen must have have been?

I gave up on the game and did other things. They come back like that so often that I definitely should have knon better.

You have to love a penant race!

GB, GB, GJ, GT!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I watched nearly every pitch. Great comeback. My friend has an interesting issue. At the beginning of the year he placed a bet on the Royals. They have to win 75 games for him to cash in on the wager. The Royals currently have 73 wins. I can't cheer against the Twins but I think my buddy will probably be pulling for K.C.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                I watched nearly every pitch. Great comeback. My friend has an interesting issue. At the beginning of the year he placed a bet on the Royals. They have to win 75 games for him to cash in on the wager. The Royals currently have 73 wins. I can't cheer against the Twins but I think my buddy will probably be pulling for K.C.

Isn't it amazing how accurate Vegas is? 6 months ago putting out a line that says 75 wins for the Royals for the whole season and now they're off by two wins with three to play...those guys who come up with these lines and odds are truely amazing. And that...is why I don't bet on sports.

Go Jacks!!
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X