Twins pennant race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twins pennant race

Three Words - Summer of Stun - copyright Paul Allen of the PA and Dubay show on KFAN.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Twins lose to KC 4-2 ... Cleveland drops Chicago 12-6.

Twins still up 1/2 game heading into Sunday.
      "You trusted us"

Comment

I wonder if Cliff Lee will go for Cleveland, they had been talking about some "stiff neck" issues that might keep him out for Sunday. I would think that he will now give it a go to try and get that last win and keep the White Sox out of the playoffs, but you never know.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I believe there was talk earlier in the week that if the game had playoff implications, he would be playing. I haven't heard anything lately though.

Comment

Twins beat KC 6-0 ... Chicago beats Cleveland 5-1 (Cliff Lee did not pitch for Cleveland)

Twins lead AL Central by 1/2 game. Chicago now plays a make-up game against Detroit at home Monday.

Detroit wins: Twins win AL Central by 1 game

Chicago wins: Twins play at Chicago Tuesday in a one-game playoff for the division title that nobody seems to want

GO TIGGERS!
            "You trusted us"

Comment

What time is the CWS game today, is it on TV, and does anyone know who is on the mound?

Comment

Originally posted by tdhummel View Post
                What time is the CWS game today, is it on TV, and does anyone know who is on the mound?

Looks like Matt Zimmer from the Argus is doing a blog of the game.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by tdhummel View Post
                  Game starts at 1 p.m. Central and is on ESPN2. Freddy Garcia for Detroit versus Gavin Floyd for the Sox.

Comment

all im saying is GO Detroit!

Comment

Looks like the game is being blacked out on ESPN2 in Brookings so looks like we are stuck with Hawk and DJ. I might mute it and listen to music or something else instead, I really don't know if I can handle those 2 all day

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        Looks like the game is being blacked out on ESPN2 in Brookings so looks like we are stuck with Hawk and DJ. I might mute it and listen to music or something else instead, I really don't know if I can handle those 2 all day
                        ESPN.com says its delayed. I'm guessing rain but I suppose it could be an earth quake, bomb threat or smog just as well.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yeah it is in rain delay but usually they have something there, I turned to ESPN2 shortly after 1 and they were at ESPN News, so we will see

Turned on ESPN2 to watch 1st and 10 and they just cut to Chicago and said they were going to carry it. Not sure if they will go to blacking out ESPN2 when the game starts or not but I'm hoping they don't

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                            It did start then? Last I heard it was in rain delay.

I'd rather staple my tongue to a bee hive than listen to the hawk and DJ.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'd sooner fill my ears with gasoline and wipe them dry with a flaming q-tip before I'd listen to the hawk and dj.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

the game hasn't started. i'm sure they will cut to the game when it does. Rain just delays the twis champane a little bit i guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X