Twins pennant race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twins pennant race

I told a co-worker today that since neither the Twins or White Sux wanted to take control and win the division when they had a chance, that it would only be fitting if this game ended 1-0 in extra innings.

So I missed on the extra innings part of it. Looks like Ozzie will be around at least another year to entertain us ...

Blackburn gave the Twins more than a chance to win. I tip my hat to the kid. But the offense -- or lack of it ? The big guns have to step up when the season's on the line. Tonight they didn't.

I don't have a problem with sending Cuddyer in that situation. Not the speediest guy on the team, but Junior doesn't have the arm he once had and the throw had to be perfect. Unfortunately, it was. On the road with the season on the line, you have to be aggressive and make something happen.

I hope the Twins watched the Sux celebrate, and I hope they think about it all off season ...

Maybe it's because I've been fortunate to experience Wrigley Field, but I gotta pull for the Cubbies.
    "You trusted us"

Comment

I'm pulling for the Cubs too. I picked them at the beginning of the season, but then again I've picked them the last like 3 years, so I'm bound to get it right one of these years

Comment

The league batting champ (Mauer) bunting in a 0-0 game in the 7th inning? I have to question that. He did it on his own I know. He was overpowered by Denks in his earlier but come on!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
          The league batting champ (Mauer) bunting in a 0-0 game in the 7th inning? I have to question that. He did it on his own I know. He was overpowered by Denks in his earlier but come on!!!!
          I honestly didn't have a problem with that, if he would have bunted it a little bit harder AJ wouldn't have been able to get to it nearly as quick and Mauer would have been on, he almost beat it out to begin with. We needed base runners, and Mauer thought he could surprise them and get on base.

Comment

Just
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

trying

Comment

to get

Comment

100!
                  Last edited by KUlawJack; 10-19-2008, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all of you who have made this possible. I like being a sophomore. Especially you CSU-Rabbit and Bigblue. You're my boys. Woot Woot.

Congrats...

Comment

Working...
                    X