• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoDakJack
    replied
    Re: Dallas Goedert

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    I thought Foles played like dogshot last night with poor reads and bad throws
    They touched on it a couple times during the broadcast, but the shorter preseason and the lack of playing time really hurts the offenses. Everything is so dependent on timing now. I would guess that their second game will be much improved.

As far as Dallas' game, I liked that he is was in on more than just passing downs. He showed his ability to be a weapon in the red zone on the catch out of bounds. He made the grab and did get one foot down. The drop-turned-interception wasn't entirely on him, but as a rookie with zero real game tape it looks bad. However, I don't think that they are going to bury him because of it. In fact, I am sure it will be motivation for him and the team.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

I thought Foles played like dogshot last night with poor reads and bad throws

Leave a comment:

• Evolution Prime
    replied

The defender got there at the same time as the ball and hit him right were the ball was. Foles stared him down, didn't put much zip on it, and was a bit late with the throw. There wasn't much Goedert could do. Great play by the defender. Of course Philly fans being Philly fans lay the blame at Goedert's feet and stating he almost cost Them the game.

I too was impressed with some of the blocks he was laying. I'm glad he is stepping up that part of his game.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Well Mr Foles did no favors for Dallas or many of his receivers for that matter. Is it just me or was Foles consistently late in making his throws? I hope for DG and many of the receivers sake Wentz can make his return soon. I would say the pick was a great play by the safety, not much Dallas could have done there, Foles needed to deliver the ball a half second sooner. Goedert would have been lit up still but probably would've secured the catch and first down. The TD that almost was Foles threw too far outside, granted only were Dallas could catch it. But Dallas made his debut and did well, especially blocking, many times I saw him taking guys out of the play.

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

I didn't realize that Gronk had so many brothers. Four brothers in the NFL and one that played professional baseball. Does Dallas have any siblings that we haven't heard of?

Looking forward to a nice debut for Dallas this week. I don't have enough courage to start Dallas over Rob at this point. I'm just happy to have another Rabbit on my FFB team again this year. Taking Adam as the only viable FFB Jackrabbit was getting a bit stale for me. (I did take a flyer on ZZ a couple of years ago.)

Leave a comment:

• Evolution Prime
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I think he retired. I believe he is speaking of Gronk Robowski
    I know. Its a joke from a fantasy football league I'm in. We had someone take Dan with their second pick because they got him confused with Rob.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

You sound just like trey wingo.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    You drafted Dan Gronkowski too?

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Dallas should get a good chance to get more playing time against the Falcons because the Eagles will be missing 2 of their top four receivers during their Thur 9/6 matchup. Here's the story.

Leave a comment:

• Evolution Prime
    replied

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    Mine too. Both of my TE's have different G names. For some reason my other TE goes by the name Gronk. We will see if he's as good as Goedert.
    You drafted Dan Gronkowski too?

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Let's hope so...he is my backup TE in fantasy this year.
    Mine too. Both of my TE's have different G names. For some reason my other TE goes by the name Gronk. We will see if he's as good as Goedert.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Nice video with Dallas talking about how things have gone so far. He talks about how in college he was eating McDonald's 3x a day! Lol I can't wait to see what he can do, I think he's going to be a big part of the Eagles' offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU3laBslwKc
    Let's hope so...he is my backup TE in fantasy this year.

Does anyone here remember Steve Heiden? If you do, you remember the change that he went through physically after a couple years in the league. I am very interested to see what kind of muscle mass Dallas adds now that he has a NFL dietitian.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Nice video with Dallas talking about how things have gone so far. He talks about how in college he was eating McDonald's 3x a day! Lol I can't wait to see what he can do, I think he's going to be a big part of the Eagles' offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU3laBslwKc

Leave a comment:

• SlapJack
    replied

NFL.com commentary from an article grading one person on each team after pre-season wk1:

Philadelphia Eagles: Dallas Goedert, TE. The small-school standout certainly looks like the real deal, based on his strong debut performance against the Steelers. Goedert finished with four catches for 66 yards and a score while displaying the athleticism and slick route-running skills that had some scouts salivating over his talent and potential coming out of South Dakota State. The rookie worked the seams effectively on a few "all go" routes and showed good awareness settling in open zones in sit-down routes, including his 15-yard touchdown in the second quarter. Grade: A

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    The Eagle site reports that Dallas returned to practice Monday. Missed one session with an elbow injury.
    This is good news.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X