• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jakejc795
    replied
    Re: Dallas Goedert

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Said "tiny" when I first read it too.
    Looks like some still do (e.g., this version still has it). Googling "tiny South Dakota State" and "Dallas Goedert" (results shown here also illustrate that in the first search result).

May notice that the headlines in browser differ slightly -- the one missing "tiny" reads "Eagles' Dallas Goedert 'doesn't blink when things don't go his way" while the "size matters" version reads "Eagles' Dallas Goedert is already making an impact as a rookie, and here's why: 'The kid doesn't blink'."

The latter version also indicates it was Updated Nov 30, 6:03 AM; Posted Nov 30, 4:45 AM

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    So what is it, Cappin? Did the article say “tiny” and later get edited?
    Said "tiny" when I first read it too.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Nice article on Goedert. Amazing what he's been able to do coming from "tiny South Dakota State". Lol, give me a break. It's not like he played D3 or NAIA.
    So what is it, Cappin? Did the article say “tiny” and later get edited?

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    They must have edited it. I don't see the tiny quote in there.
    Perhaps the issue was with the "small school" descriptor. The author apparently graduated from the University of North Florida, and he's even described Toledo as a "small school," so maybe it's just one of his syntactic quirks or he identifies with folks who graduated from schools with enrollment levels similar to his alma mater.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Nice article on Goedert. Amazing what he's been able to do coming from "tiny South Dakota State". Lol, give me a break. It's not like he played D3 or NAIA.

https://www.nj.com//eagles/2018/11/e...o-his-way.html
    They must have edited it. I don't see the tiny quote in there.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

https://www.nj.com//eagles/2018/11/e...o-his-way.html

Leave a comment:

• JackAttack44
    replied

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Never know. While Ertz signed 5yr deal a couple years ago, if/when they opt to re-sign Wentz, they may look to free up cap space, and Ertz could be a casualty of that, particularly if Goedert's production increases.
    I’ve watched the last 2 games. Wentz is playing terrible. He can’t make a throw right now.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    I originally thought Philly would be a good place for him, but now I’m thinking going somewhere he would’ve been a full time/go-to TE might have been better. I don’t see them trading Ertz anytime soon so where does that leave Dallas?
    Never know. While Ertz signed 5yr deal a couple years ago, if/when they opt to re-sign Wentz, they may look to free up cap space, and Ertz could be a casualty of that, particularly if Goedert's production increases.

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

I originally thought Philly would be a good place for him, but now I’m thinking going somewhere he would’ve been a full time/go-to TE might have been better. I certainly don’t see them trading Ertz anytime soon so where does that leave Dallas?

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

They traded for Golden Tate

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

Is Goedert hurt??

I have a feeling the Eagles are going away from the 2 TE set.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
    At the half way point of Goedert's rookie season: 18 Rec on 21 Tgts; 188 yds and 3 TDs. This puts him at 20th in the league for receptions and yards at TE; 4th for TDs.

Off to a good start considering he is playing behind an all-pro TE.
    now consider Ertz has been targeted 84 times...

Leave a comment:

• SlapJack
    replied

At the half way point of Goedert's rookie season: 18 Rec on 21 Tgts; 188 yds and 3 TDs. This puts him at 20th in the league for receptions and yards at TE; 4th for TDs.

Off to a good start considering he is playing behind an all-pro TE.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Nice to see a “big play” TD. Speed kills. He’s going to have quite a career.

Speaking of a nice career, another former Jack broke a bit of a record today. All time NFL scoring leader.....
    Just a chip shot for Adam, congrats to him and a proud moment for SDSU athletics.Here's THE kick.

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

Nice to see a “big play” TD. Speed kills. He’s going to have quite a career.

Speaking of a nice career, another former Jack broke a bit of a record today. All time NFL scoring leader.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X