X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavy
    replied
    Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    Are you assuming the OSU and WSU are going to the MWC? Any chance they build the PAC-2 back to a viable conference? If so, someone has to back fill wherever they pull from. I doubt that happens, but it would make things interesting in the MVFC.
    speaking of rebuild

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    Are you assuming the OSU and WSU are going to the MWC? Any chance they build the PAC-2 back to a viable conference? If so, someone has to back fill wherever they pull from. I doubt that happens, but it would make things interesting in the MVFC.
    My suspicion is that they're trying to figure out a way to merge the Pac-12 Conference into the MWC, so that the existing assets of the Pac-12 (Pac-12 Network, NCAA Men's BB tournament shares, etc.) get folded into a new, merged conference. I also suspect that that won't be as easy to do as outside observers like us might think.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
    Cal, Stanford, and SMU to the Atlantic Coast Conference. Can we stop?
    That should end the talk of any FCS schools moving up for now.

Leave a comment:

• DieselJacks
    replied
    Cal, Stanford, and SMU to the Atlantic Coast Conference. Can we stop?

Leave a comment:

• 22jack
    replied
    Interesting thought Untitled.jpg

Pac-12: 6 college football schools conference must target to survive (msn.com)

Leave a comment:

• Prairiehaas
    replied
    Rumors tare hat Stanford would go non-scholarship. Doubt that though. Does the MWC want risk bringing them in? One risk would be the old PAC schools later splitting off and taking the the western schools of the MWC, San Diego St, San Jose St, Fresno St Boise St, etc. with them.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Right now, they have 4 schools (officially now). I doubt the autobid will stay, Big East lost theirs once they split into the American. I doubt any TV deal will be remotely good with the teams left.
    Sounded like the prospective TV/streaming contract was an impetus for teams leaving

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Right now, they have 4 schools (officially now). I doubt the autobid will stay, Big East lost theirs once they split into the American. I doubt any TV deal will be remotely good with the teams left.
    Sounds like they won't get any Mountain West teams until at least 2025, as they would require huge buyouts to leave before then.

Leave a comment:

• DieselJacks
    replied
    Everything I read says the PAC-12 is done. What would it take to keep the conference alive? Could they get enough decent teams to keep it going and still get a TV deal that is worth while? Would anybody leave their conference to join them? Will they be able to keep their auto-bid into the CFP as an inticement?

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied
    Everything I read says the PAC-12 is done. What would it take to keep the conference alive? Could they get enough decent teams to keep it going and still get a TV deal that is worth while? Would anybody leave their conference to join them? Will they be able to keep their auto-bid into the CFP as an inticement?

Leave a comment:

• DieselJacks
    replied
    With Oregon and Washington officially joining the Big Ten, the Pac 12 is dead. Wonder what Cal, Stanford, Oregon St., and Washington St. will do…

Leave a comment:

• Prairiehaas
    replied
    Highly speculative article on CBSSports.com discussing potential for a P5 conference being bought by a 3rd party.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...nces-programs/

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied
    Some football-fan message boards are very actively following the Conference Merry Go Round. I think it is just mind boggling to see what is happening or may happen to the PAC 12. Dominoes will be falling but it looks like they won't fall in an orderly manner. What will the Big 12 look like in a few years? The Big 10 is aggressively moving forward, trying to control the future. Where will the Jackrabbits be in five or ten years?

Trying to stay current on events impacting the conference shuffle seems impossible.

I'm thankful that some find a little humor in the mess of conference implosions, realignments, consolidation and grabbing the most lucrative TV contract (and why not?). Here's an example: someone dug out the old "add your own captions" movie video clip of Hitler berating his officers as he senses the end is near for Nazi Germany. In this case, substitute PAC12 Commissioner George Kliavkoff in place of Hitler. Have a laugh...here's the link (and if you like this kind of humor, you can check out the other video clips that appear on the same webpage):

https://www.captiongenerator.com/v/2...a-negotiations

Leave a comment:

• jbjack
    replied
    It looks like Colorado is rejoining the Big 12. The next few months are going to be interesting. Will the Pac 12 survive? If they do, who do they take as members? If they take from the Mountain West, who will the MWC take to replace members? Although unlikely, the Jacks may get involved in this round of the circus.
    At this point, it' seems more likely the remnants of a depleted Pac 12 end up in the Mountain West than certain Mountain West programs end up in the Pac 12. While keeping it close to the vest, Oregon and Washington have to be bidding against themselves to the Big 10, offering reduced revenue shares in exchange for membership, probably reducing their "bid" with each passing week without a Pac 12 TV deal. But first, Arizona seems queued to join the Big 12. At that point, it will be a matter of time before UO and UW are invited to the Big 10, with ASU and Utah dark horse candidates for Big 10 membership, but most likely to Big 12. That leaves Cal, Stanford (if it keeps scholarship football), Oregon State and Washington State. Who will want to join that sinking ship? If it happens, these schools will end up in the MWC, assuming Big 12 doesn't want them and vice versa. Until this straightens out, no invitation to the MWC will arrive in an xDSU mailbox. And after this re-allignment occurs, it won't happen either.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X