No announcement yet.

TJ Going to UNLV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officially, official from Iowa State that TJ is their next head coach.

Comment

• Grill enters transfer portal. I would assume heading back to ISU.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Grill enters transfer portal. I would assume heading back to ISU.
        That kid must have whiplash. Does he have to sit out a year? Does anyone have to sit out next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Southeast View Post

That kid must have whiplash. Does he have to sit out a year? Does anyone have to sit out next year?
          Report is that's TBD in April (with same report suggesting NCAA is leaning toward approving exception to allow first time transfer to play immediately). Where it gets tricky for him is that report from The Athletic suggests athletes who will have transferred twice may have to sit a year.

FYI -- you can access Athletic article using Google credentials

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Report is that's TBD in April (with same report suggesting NCAA is leaning toward approving exception to allow first time transfer to play immediately). Where it gets tricky for him is that report from The Athletic suggests athletes who will have transferred twice may have to sit a year.

FYI -- you can access Athletic article using Google credentials
            You wouldn't think they would give him a second "no sit" transfer. If Jenkins decides to transfer, he should be eligible right away as he sat out a season after leaving here.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

You wouldn't think they would give him a second "no sit" transfer. If Jenkins decides to transfer, he should be eligible right away as he sat out a season after leaving here.
              That's what I thought too (re. Grill).

Comment

• Will these two make a splash at ISU? I have my doubts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Will these two make a splash at ISU? I have my doubts.
                  I was waiting for you to wax poetic with ..."B/c if they did they'd be 'waterspouts'"

Comment

• DJJ won't be going to Iowa State. Who knows where he will go, but it won't be Iowa State.

Comment

• Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      DJJ won't be going to Iowa State. Who knows where he will go, but it won't be Iowa State.
                      A Coach fall out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

A Coach fall out?
                        I heard from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another that DJJ was not happy to hear Otz was leaving? Not that there was a fallout, but that he transferred there for him, and sat out a year, and now he's leaving.

Again...this is all 3rd hand information. Take it for what it's worth.

Comment

I heard from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another that DJJ was not happy to hear Otz was leaving? Not that there was a fallout, but that he transferred there for him, and sat out a year, and now he's leaving.

Otz should be able to tell new recruits that Ames is the end of the road for him. He landed the Big 12 job he wanted 5 years ago. Otz did it on the fast track with 2 stops on the 5 year road. He hit the goal for now. He does a great job of bringing in talent. SDSU and UNLV should both realize their place in his ascension. Both programs have good coaches on the bench to follow his movement. The Jackrabbits did not have as much attrition as UNLV which was well illustrated the past 2 years continued at the top of the Summit.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

See article link in a different thread. Las Vegas news article said their relationship was not good.
                            *DJJ refutes those claims on his Twitter page.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Otz should be able to tell new recruits that Ames is the end of the road for him. He landed the Big 12 job he wanted 5 years ago. Otz did it on the fast track with 2 stops on the 5 year road. He hit the goal for now. He does a great job of bringing in talent. SDSU and UNLV should both realize their place in his ascension. Both programs have good coaches on the bench to follow his movement. The Jackrabbits did not have as much attrition as UNLV which was well illustrated the past 2 years continued at the top of the Summit.
                              For TJ's sake, hopefully the AD has given him a long leash. 2-22 and 0-18 in the Big 12 means that there needs to be a major makeover of the roster. That's going to take awhile, especially in that league. When the Jacks won in Ames I figured that this wasn't a great Cyclone team, but never thought it would be that bad.

Comment

• Anyway, about TJ and his style of offense and defense......Theres a lot of ways to win the game, and one is to score more then the other team......So focusing on offense makes sense. With that said, good defense leads to good offense is a good cliche......
                                sorry i do not leave the sdsu part of this thing very often. also sorry to Goon, but if you can explain to me some of the ways to win a game WITHOUT scoring more than the other team, then i definitely need to get over to these pages more often)))

maybe that is why i am not coaching any longer)) i think i ended most of my pregame speeches by saying lets go out there and score more points than the other guys) i also had other simple fundamental ideas like pass the ball to people wearing the same color shirt as you

to keep this relevant to TJ it is more difficult to score more points than the other team, if you consistently allow them to score at will

Comment

Working...
                                X