TJ Going to UNLV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    TJ's name is being brought up in Iowa State's head coaching job (which is not yet open).
    Prohm officially got the axe in Ames. Let the TJ rumors begin. Maybe Grill can be the first player to transfer out of a program and transfer back in a couple of years later.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      TJ's name is being brought up in Iowa State's head coaching job (which is not yet open).
      According to Jon Rothstein Prohm is out and sources say TJ is expected to be primary candidate

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post

According to Jon Rothstein Prohm is out and sources say TJ is expected to be primary candidate
        Anybody else think this is funny? I mean he hasn't exactly had success with his guys. I'd say DJJ was his biggest success but what also not? I mean I liked him when he was here, but the way he left, left a bad taste in my mouth. and the fake twitter followers was kind of a red flag? thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by slosho View Post

Anybody else think this is funny? I mean he hasn't exactly had success with his guys. I'd say DJJ was his biggest success but what also not? I mean I liked him when he was here, but the way he left, left a bad taste in my mouth. and the fake twitter followers was kind of a red flag? thoughts?
          The early responses on Twitter from UNLV fans lean heavily to "please let this be true".

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The early responses on Twitter from UNLV fans lean heavily to "please let this be true".
            Just saw the news. LMAO, have at him guys!

Comment

• I think TJ is very likable as a person. What he will be able to do at Iowa State remains to be seen. I don’t see him lasting a decade, but what do I know. A coach can become a millionaire on contract buyouts.

Comment

Smith also has a number of people promoting him for the Minnesota job, which isn't officially open yet either, but is about 99.9 % likely to be open soon.
                It's official now -- Pitino's been axed my Gophers. Ironically, he's reportedly being mentioned for New Mexico opening, as is Craig Smith's former mentor Tim Miles.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

It's official now -- Pitino's been axed my Gophers. Ironically, he's reportedly being mentioned for New Mexico opening, as is Craig Smith's former mentor Tim Miles.
                  I figured he would be gone. Listening to KFAN I thought they would hold him for a bit due to contract buyouts? IDK though, I was in and out of the tractor and the whole fire here/hire there situations was a convoluted deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

I figured he would be gone. Listening to KFAN I thought they would hold him for a bit due to contract buyouts? IDK though, I was in and out of the tractor and the whole fire here/hire there situations was a convoluted deal.
                    He was reportedly due a retention bonus next month, so that was likely a consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

He was reportedly due a retention bonus next month, so that was likely a consideration.
                      The media (Dan at KFAN) wants Eric Musselman (sp). But it sounds like Arkansas is going to extend his contract. Eric M as reported by KFAN wanted the job when Pitino was hired. Just what they say.

Comment

The media (Dan at KFAN) wants Eric Musselman (sp). But it sounds like Arkansas is going to extend his contract. Eric M as reported by KFAN wanted the job when Pitino was hired. Just what they say.
                        The Star Trib published an article last week showing that the Gophers are lagging behind the rest of the B1G in hiring coaches of color. Dennis Gates from Cleveland State seems to be one of the front runners that would meet that criteria.

Comment

The Star Trib published an article last week showing that the Gophers are lagging behind the rest of the B1G in hiring coaches of color. Dennis Gates from Cleveland State seems to be one of the front runners that would meet that criteria.
                          There was also talk about the guy from Loyola in Chicago?

Comment

To hire a person because of a “color’ quota is absurd. Hire the best fit, even if he/she is green

Comment

To hire a person because of a “color’ quota is absurd. Hire the best fit, even if he/she is green
                              It is, but ever since last summer the Twin Cities has been the epicenter of the racial tensions in the country. And this hire will come right when the trial of the police officer accused of killing George Floyd is dominating the news cycle there. And this doesn't mean that a black person definitely will be hired, but it certainly has increased the awareness.

Comment

Obviously you are not sensative enough. I hear by sentence you to a month of watching ESPN with 5 minute breaks of CNN until you have been rehabilitated

Comment

Working...
                                X