TJ Going to UNLV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Based on what you have reported the Jenkins transfer may have been a plus for SDSU basketball. DJJ talent may have peaked and may not be the big plus for UNLV that everyone thought. Grill performance sounds impressive. We may have missed some good talent there.
    It is what it is. I've watched a few of their games but didn't watch last night. DJJ was a liability on the defensive end. Nothing seems to have changed there. Not sure if we are better or not without him. Doesn't matter, he doesn't want to be here. Buh Bye!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

• DJJ had 33 in a 83-74 loss to Utah State at home last night. Utah State is #2 in the Mountain West Conference with a 10-2 mark. UNLV is #5 at 3-3.
      SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

• I was pulling for Craig Smith's team to win. Just was never a fan of TJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I was pulling for Craig Smith's team to win. Just was never a fan of TJ.
          If they somehow could have both lost I would have counted that a win

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

It is what it is. I've watched a few of their games but didn't watch last night. DJJ was a liability on the defensive end. Nothing seems to have changed there. Not sure if we are better or not without him. Doesn't matter, he doesn't want to be here. Buh Bye!

SUPERBUNNY
            I think DJJ was sold on TJ’s coaching and not SDSU as a institution of higher education. I am not surprised DJJ doesn’t want to be in Brookings. It had to be a culture shock. I like Schiererman and Freidel additions. Probably don’t match DJJ in talent but lots or room for growth.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 01-28-2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• TJ takes DJJ out of the starting lineup because of his defense.
              https://theoffensive.vegas/2021/02/0...s-get-benched/

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                TJ takes DJJ out of the starting lineup because of his defense.
                https://theoffensive.vegas/2021/02/0...s-get-benched/
                Better them than us.

Comment

• TJ's name is being brought up in Iowa State's head coaching job (which is not yet open).

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    TJ's name is being brought up in Iowa State's head coaching job (which is not yet open).
                    As is a certain former 'Yote coach. The buyout terms are interesting -- pre-7/1, he'd reportedly owe UNLV $3.15m, but it drops to $1.05m after 7/1, and ISU would apparently still have to buyout Prohm.

Smith reportedly has a lower buyout percentage, but it also seems his contract extension is more recent.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

As is a certain former 'Yote coach. The buyout terms are interesting -- pre-7/1, he'd reportedly owe UNLV $3.15m, but it drops to $1.05m after 7/1, and ISU would apparently still have to buyout Prohm.

Smith reportedly has a lower buyout percentage, but it also seems his contract extension is more recent.
                      Smith also has a number of people promoting him for the Minnesota job, which isn't officially open yet either, but is about 99.9 % likely to be open soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Smith also has a number of people promoting him for the Minnesota job, which isn't officially open yet either, but is about 99.9 % likely to be open soon.
                        April 30th is reportedly date Pitino would receive retention bonus, with a potential meeting with Gophers AD this week, so there might be movement there relatively soon.

Comment

• Why would anyone at a Power 5 school want to hire TJ right now? He's done much of nothing at UNLV so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                            Why would anyone at a Power 5 school want to hire TJ right now? He's done much of nothing at UNLV so far.
                            Recruiting acumen seems to be the most commonly cited attribute, granted it's tweets and the site I linked to earlier.

Comment

• Just goes to show how an opinion or story line by some thought to be credible source grabbed by national media, can last for quite a while.
                              For instance, NDSU football will be able live off their football success for a decade, even if they were to have a number of down years. I think it is laziness on behalf of those that need a story to fill their broadcast.
                              In the case of a head coach, seems they would do more research.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Craig Smith is a very charmismatic person. I had good vibes about him when he was an assistant for Tim Miles at NDSU. I was amazed with his progress at Utah State. Yesterday I watch USU tackle the other SDSU for the Mountain West conference title. For long term Jack fans the other SDSU is coached by Brian Dutcher who was an assistant to Jim Thoreson a long time ago. Now Brian is an aging coach of 60 years old. I recall when Brad Soderberg left for Wisconsin, one of our boosters wanted to hire Brian Dutcher away from Steve Fischer at Michigan. Such a move would have been a budget buster. Brian I believe was making in excess of 500k as an assistant at Michigan. Instead we hired the Delta State grad Scott Nagy who worked for peanuts and did a bang up job. If coaching choices are based solely on wins, TJ can continue playing the Vegas slots, but if is personality and recruiting he has a good chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X