TJ Going to UNLV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post

Obviously you are not sensative enough. I hear by sentence you to a month of watching ESPN with 5 minute breaks of CNN until you have been rehabilitated
    Yes sir! Meanwhile, Pitino is headed to New Mexico sources say

Comment

• I think Iowa State is where TJ and his wife always wanted to be, but who knows I think he would walk for another job for an extra dollar. I feel bad for the players who he continues to walk away from.

Comment

• Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post

Obviously you are not sensative enough. I hear by sentence you to a month of watching ESPN with 5 minute breaks of CNN until you have been rehabilitated
        Harsh.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Please lets not start assigning sensitivity training to the forum members.......

Anyway, about TJ and his style of offense and defense......Theres a lot of ways to win the game, and one is to score more then the other team......So focusing on offense makes sense. With that said, good defense leads to good offense is a good cliche......

Remember, recruiting high school kids, do you want to score over 80 points in a game and win 90-80 with 3s and transition scoring, or grind out 65-60 wins with lock down defense? More players are going to pick that, and more fans are going to as well. Unless your NDSU which is basically what their football and basketball teams are designed too do.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post
              Please lets not start assigning sensitivity training to the forum members.......

Anyway, about TJ and his style of offense and defense......Theres a lot of ways to win the game, and one is to score more then the other team......So focusing on offense makes sense. With that said, good defense leads to good offense is a good cliche......

Remember, recruiting high school kids, do you want to score over 80 points in a game and win 90-80 with 3s and transition scoring, or grind out 65-60 wins with lock down defense? More players are going to pick that, and more fans are going to as well. Unless your NDSU which is basically what their football and basketball teams are designed too do.
              ISU has a long history of being an offense first, second and third sort of basketball program though, so...
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post

ISU has a long history of being an offense first, second and third sort of basketball program though, so...
                It's happening - Vegas newspaper reporting that Otz has accepted the Iowa State job. Will be very interesting to see what happens with Grill and DJJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It's happening - Vegas newspaper reporting that Otz has accepted the Iowa State job. Will be very interesting to see what happens with Grill and DJJ.
                  No Effing way. That seems so short sighted.

Comment

Yes it will. Is there a limit on the number of transfers a given student athlete can make before losing eligibility? I know there is a time frame for which a student athlete must complete their eligibility? Seems like Grill has or is close to his limit.

Comment

2-words "Zone Defense"

Comment

• Matt Norlander reporting it:
                        https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...or-iowa-state/

Comment

• Otz will do well there, if he can get the recruits. That is what he built his name on, so lets see what he can do.

Supposedly had a really good group coming in to UNLV next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            Otz will do well there, if he can get the recruits. That is what he built his name on, so lets see what he can do.

Supposedly had a really good group coming in to UNLV next year.
                            Well, don't they say "Ames is the Vegas of the Prairie" (so some might follow him there)?

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Well, don't they say "Ames is the Vegas of the Prairie" (so some might follow him there)?
                              Really a mess. I would not want to be the bookeeper with 30 million deficit and handling the buyout can’t be easy .

Comment

• Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

Really a mess. I would not want to be the bookeeper with 30 million deficit and handling the buyout can’t be easy .
                                I haven't seen anything mentioned like Pitino's contract stipulation with the Gophers whereby the buyout is nullified when hired for "comparable employment" by another team, although it seems like something TJ should expect in his contract given expedited moves between teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X