Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    He didn't get the job 2 years ago when it was open. And that was after we took Minnesota down in the WNIT the day before their previous coach got fired.
    Me thinks this: SDSU>Mn when it comes to womens basketball

Comment

Money talks and BS walks. If a coach is offered $500k more than where they are at why would they stay?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        He didn't get the job 2 years ago when it was open. And that was after we took Minnesota down in the WNIT the day before their previous coach got fired.
        Did they offer it to him or was he interviewed? I dont recall. or was he not really on their short list?

Eitherway I am just fine with us being a better program them Mn. If they were smart they would try for him I would think. Frankly both Him and Williams should be on a lot of short lists for power conferences.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This is terrible news for USD. From what I've heard Williams has turned down several jobs lately, but I can't imagine she would turn this one down if offered. And I do believe the reports about her possibly being a #1 candidate. As a USD fan I can't imagine a worse job to open up than this one.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            I'm waiting for someone to tell me that money isn't everything.
            It isn't,as long as you have enough.....define "enough" though...

Comment

I guess USD is now in #FeaRed mode.

Comment

We seem to be in a better position if Minn continues their commitment to having a female HC for their women's basketball program.I think Stallings will be around for at least as long as they kept Pam Borton.

Comment

Re: Nebraska WBB Head Coaching position now open.

Originally posted by Borderboy View Post
                  Hopefully they fill from within and fast. Don't come prying around Brookings, but Vermillion is fine.

http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...a8006eb5c.html
                  seriously doubt will be filled from within. i would be a bit surprised if you hear a list of coaches----at least coming from the admin. just be speculation from any writers.

Comment

The athletic administration would be hard-pressed to replace a female coach of a female team with a guy. Truth. Amy Williams must be the prime candidate from the upper-Midwest.

Comment

It might be a bit against the grain to say so, but I kinda hope Williams doesn't leave USD any time soon. She's been good for SDSU and the Summit League.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

More money comes with less tolerance for failure,but I'm sure both AJ and AW are both extremely confident they can lift up any basketball program wherever they may go.Even if you got 5 years at 700k per year,you wouldn't have to file for bankruptcy if you got let go if you were even a little bit conservative with spending. At say, 200k per year,it would take 17 + years to make about the same,maybe a little less stress involved though.

Comment

If Amy leaves SD,I guess Nebraska isn't too bad,our neighbor to the South, it's a lot better than BFE.....(can't say the 'F' ,but B stands for bum ,and E stands for Egypt).

Comment

Johnston left (kind of) once. He's not gonna do it again unless UConn comes calling. We are blessed to have one of the top coaches in the country and you're right...it helps he's a male and won't get offered some top flight jobs for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              It might be a bit against the grain to say so, but I kinda hope Williams doesn't leave USD any time soon. She's been good for SDSU and the Summit League.
                              Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                                I guess USD is now in #FeaRed mode.
                                They fear erectile dysfunction?

Comment

Working...
                                X