No announcement yet.

Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska WBB Head Coaching position now open.

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I thought you wanted the best team in each conference to also win the conference tournament,otherwise,an at large bid will be given to that team anyway most likely, so it ends up taking an at large bid away that'd otherwise be covered by the conference auto bid,and put a team into the tournament that may of had no chance at an at-large otherwise.There's only 33 (?) at-larges available,after the auto-bids are determined.(31 conferences?)Not exactly sure of the number of conferences in NCAA Div 1 (wanna say 31or 32 ? )
    When I said "if a really good team does get upset in the conference tournament" I meant a really good Summit league team gets upset in the conference tournament, you would want our conference to be in a position to still get our best team in. Not sure if that clears up what I was trying to say or not.

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
      When I said "if a really good team does get upset in the conference tournament" I meant a really good Summit league team gets upset in the conference tournament, you would want our conference to be in a position to still get our best team in. Not sure if that clears up what I was trying to say or not.
      Well that "really good team that gets upset in the SLT" needs to position themselves in the ooc in order to have a chance to get an at-large. Have a good sos and beat some of those teams, and don't worry about it. SDSU has taken that approach.

Comment

Originally posted by yote4life View Post
        Yes,I did misinterpret what you said,I didn't know you were implying only the Summit league.I see you were now .My bad.

I do agree with what SanDakotaState said though,that each team is responsible for and has to build up their own resume for presentation to the Selection committee,the two bid Summit League teams have to both be deemed worthy,in the eyes of the selection committee.And,I agree with you we are headed in the right direction for a two bid league if we have two really strong teams that are worthy of an at-large if one fails to win the SLT.But being a mid-major conference,the two teams have to be really strong,strong enough to convince even the most die hard of skeptics....that's the world of the mid-major.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-06-2016, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Nebraska has talked with Amy Williams

http://j.mp/1RPT5Sm

Comment

Re: Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
            While I agree with all of this...I find it ironic/slightly funny(because I despise PCness) all the teams in this years Final Four were coached by...wait for it...males. What a travesty for gender equity!!!

But I'm sure that by University Presidents requiring their AD's to hire certain genders for certain sports will end up producing winning teams...someday...right??
            I thought the same thing when watching the championship, two men. But he is correct. When Minnesota were looking it was all about gender. Of course look at where that got them. I doubt their new coach lasts any longer than Pam B did. At that point we will find out if the U have the courage to hire the best coach available, or want to be politically correct. My guess, political correctness will win the day. That is one messed up University.

Comment

When its the male/female thing, my guess is if all things are equal go with the women, I also would guess that since their was a women as head coach, that they would try to keep a women. Its not so much political correctness as it is common sense.

At the same time you never know what they are looking at, what the connections are and what their target coaches characteristics are.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                When its the male/female thing, my guess is if all things are equal go with the women, I also would guess that since their was a women as head coach, that they would try to keep a women. Its not so much political correctness as it is common sense.

At the same time you never know what they are looking at, what the connections are and what their target coaches characteristics are.
                I think this whole women sports prefer women coaches is borderline discrimination and someone may get called on it soon. What happened to the best person for the job?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  I think this whole women sports prefer women coaches is borderline discrimination and someone may get called on it soon. What happened to the best person for the job?
                  I think its something administration sees as plus factor. With boosters, with recruits, with the media, with the team, they feel that if a women is in charge things will work better. That doesn't mean that they just hire a women to hire a women.

Many feel that a women would be the best person for a job coaching women. I don't always agree, but I do agree with the notion you had a women coach in charge, if there is a viable women candidate, she'd probably get a leg up on other similar candidates.

Comment

When will men ever get a fair chance to become head coaches? smh
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

When the racism and discrimination levels towards male coaches seeking women's coaching positions is equal to the centuries of discrimination towards minorities and women in this country than maybe I will consider your argument. Until then you just sound sexist and discriminatory. Like you want to make America great again!

Comment

How many female coaches are there coaching men's teams ?

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
                          When the racism and discrimination levels towards male coaches seeking women's coaching positions is equal to the centuries of discrimination towards minorities and women in this country than maybe I will consider your argument. Until then you just sound sexist and discriminatory. Like you want to make America great again!
                          It sounds like we are straying into the Lounge(or smack) topics.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Guess I would rather the admin hire the best person for the job, because they are the best person for the job. Not because they can cross off the checklist for affirmative action. Every admin has their own criteria they are looking for. so if they say they only want to hire a women, guess thats their choice.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              And female AD's and Presidents hiring coaches?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                How many have actually applied? I would find that interesting. I would think If Becky Hammon said she wants to coach the SDSU mens team, I would think she would have as good of chance as any to get the job.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X