Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Yori resigns as Nebraska Women's Basketball coach.

Let the speculation begin regarding her replacement.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Re: Yori out at Nebraska, under investigation

Obviously Amy Williams will be considered, as she should. But I also think that is a job AJ would be interested in as well.

Comment

And right on cue, from our friends at ESPN 99.1 again ..

JT
      ‏@JtESPN991
      "Connie Yori has resigned at Nebraska. A source close to the situation at Nebraska has told me Amy Williams will be #1 target! #USD"

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post

Wow... just wow. Interesting development to say the least. Do they look at AJ and Amy?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

JT
          ‏@JtESPN991
          "Connie Yori has resigned at Nebraska. A source close to the situation at Nebraska has told me Amy Williams will be #1 target! #USD"
          When he says "close to the situation" does he really mean he heard it from somebody that lives in Nebraska who heard if from someone who lives in Lincoln who heard it from someone who goes to school at UNL?

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
            Wow... just wow. Interesting development to say the least. Do they look at AJ and Amy?
            my own assumption would be with Amy's coaching success and also have been a player there she would be close to the top.

Comment

http://huskerhoopscentral.com/topic/...-coach-thread/

already talk...

Comment

Per the USD board, Yori's salary was $707,000. Amy & AJ are likely both near the top of the list.
                USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                  Per the USD board, Yori's salary was $707,000. Amy & AJ are likely both near the top of the list.
                  http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...a8006eb5c.html
                  "Yori’s contract was extended two years to 2020 following last season. Her annual base salary is $732,913."

Comment

I'd guess that Amy Williams as the #1 target is a stretch. I'd like to think that in their minds their #1 target is like Notre Dame's coach or you know someone who has gone to a Final 4 or something.

She is a former player; but my guess is her success at USD (area school) would be looked at more so than the fact that she played at Nebraska. She played there 18 years ago, and according to her bio hasn't been an assistant at UNL since. There are probably very few people that are still there that were there when she played.

I wouldn't be surprised if AJ listened; and actually considered it if contacted. It kinda fits the job I feel he'd leave for.

UNL has a newer A.D., and he went for that left field coach when they hired the football coach after Pelini was fired.

Could also go after former USD coach and current Colorado State Coach in Ryun Williams, Nebraska is a pretty big job, so I'm guessing there will be some interest.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

JT
                      ‏@JtESPN991
                      Same guy that said Jed Stugart was basically already packing his bags and looking at houses in Vermillion, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post

In this case I'm afraid he's right.

Comment

Gotta take JT with a grain of salt. He is basically the SD Skip Bayless

I would think Williams will get a shot though

Comment

Yori being a female tilts the favor further toward Amy Williams I would think. Not a deal breaker but harder for any university to replace a female coach with a male, especially in the marquee women's sport.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              Yori being a female tilts the favor further toward Amy Williams I would think. Not a deal breaker but harder for any university to replace a female coach with a male, especially in the marquee women's sport.
                              Bingo. This hamstrings AJ in a big way. Advantage SDSU.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X